RichieRich

My Turbo Optima Restoration

Well, I decided to do something different with my Turbo Optima. It has a belt drive conversion, rcscrewz replacement screw set, RC10 Protech 1 body and HPI chrome superstar buggy wheels. I've started masking the body for paint and I'll post pics once it's completed. You can read more about it in my showroom.

img18_27200453050_1.jpg

• Like 1

Whoa! that looks sweet. what do you have in mind for a paint job.

Yes, I have some ideas. My first idea was to do a Turbo Optima box art paint scheme. I think that would have been quite clever on a ProTech 1 body. I looked at many pictures of the boxart and decided it was too complicated. I could probably do it but I'd like to run this. There's a very fine black pinstripe around most of the painted areas on the body. Plus, I don't have any decals, nor do I feel like buying any. :lol:

Anyway, I've been checking out Time Tunnel and some other boards to get ideas. It'll probably be a three color job with some sort of stripe up the hood. The hard thing is trying to decide on a color or colors. I'd like to accent the gold shocks, so using gold may be in order.

The paint is done. If it's not raining too much tomorrow, I'll get pics up. I think it looks pretty good.

EDIT: New pic on first post.

Here's the rear view. That's a Speedworks motor in there now. I'll replace it with a Le Mans motor soon.

img18_27200453050_2.jpg

That body looks like its made for it!

Not sure on the wheels though.Some alloy AYK type would look better.

Hey great looking car, I have a Turbo Optima myself and I am currently looking for a wing such as yours, could you tell where you got it, and what brand it is?

Well, I decided to do something different with my Turbo Optima. It has a belt drive conversion, rcscrewz replacement screw set, RC10 Protech 1 body and HPI chrome superstar buggy wheels. I've started masking the body for paint and I'll post pics once it's completed. You can read more about it in my showroom.

img18_27200453050_1.jpg

Holy SH, what a paintjob! One of the nicests I've seen for sure. Nice touch with that golden stripe! ;)

Thanks! I didn't realize this thread had been brought back from the dead. :) The wing is a BRP bi-level wing...if I remember correctly.