Sign in to follow this  
Melly

Which Nikko Was This?

Trying to find out. It was a camaro or other car similiar. When you gave it full throttle the roof would flip over to reveal police lights that light-up and made a siren sound. Go to half throttle and the roof would flip over to a regular roof. If anyone has any info on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Definitely not a Nikko, as far as I know. I suspect it was made by another obscure asian company that probably no longer exists.

There were many novelty R/C toys in the 80s that were either clones, one-offs, or were unbranded.

As a couple of examples: I have a wire-controlled Citroen Traction Avant that doesn't have a brand, along with a Turbo Hopper clone (also on a wire) with a steering wheel shaped remote that steers by physically tilting it left and right. Lots of cool (but unheralded/unbranded) little toys came out in the 80s.

Trying to find out. It was a camaro or other car similiar. When you gave it full throttle the roof would flip over to reveal police lights that light-up and made a siren sound. Go to half throttle and the roof would flip over to a regular roof. If anyone has any info on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Got it!! ;) I knew I had seen this before!! Its one of these. I'am sure Rayman011 wont mind me using his showroom entry

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...1&sid=15762

Your the best sgt.barnes, I gave up on the thread, but I just checked back to find you knew where to locate one! I sent Rayman an email. Thanks again, Mate!