Wandy

Blackfoot re-release #58633

Here we go with the first of the anniversary celebrations. :)

Bigwig next for another 30th anniversary knees-up?

tamiya-new-releases-nuremberg-toy-fair-2

• Like 5

Where's the rollbar, top lights and front bumper hidden under that rag?

Could be a generic picture, though.

• Like 2

Where's the rollbar, top lights and front bumper hidden under that rag?

Could be a generic picture, though.

Yeah, I thought it looked like the Bruiser or Clodbuster at first but there was no other Monster Truck released in 1986 so it had to be the Blackfoot. And then Mokei confirmed it with the kit number.

• Like 2

Yeah, I thought it looked like the Bruiser or Clodbuster at first but there was no other Monster Truck released in 1986 so it had to be the Blackfoot. And then Mokei confirmed it with the kit number.

LOL Wandy, and it's also kinda sorta written plainly on the bottom left of the pic. :lol::D

• Like 4

Honestly....I think I am going senile in my old age. :lol:

In fairness though, I only saw the photo on my phone so wasn't looking for small print in corners. ;)

• Like 1

So will it be "Ford F-150 Blackfoot"? If so, then bring on the SRB Ranger asap too please.

I wonder if they have filled the zillions of holes currently present in the BF3 body?

And will the original front grille come back too?

• Like 3

My crystal ball says:

I wonder if they have filled the zillions of holes currently present in the BF3 body?

No

And will the original front grille come back too?

No

Would love to be wrong, but... yeah, no.

• Like 2

I agree with you Beef! I can't imagine that the Blackfoot 2016 will get the original grille (or the original tailgate with Ford logo). However, I think it's pretty likely it will get black or yellow CVA II's instead of friction shocks and the UJ's are pretty certain..

• Like 1

I agree with you Beef! I can't imagine that the Blackfoot 2016 will get the original grille (or the original tailgate with Ford logo). However, I think it's pretty likely it will get black or yellow CVA II's instead of friction shocks and the UJ's are pretty certain..

Sounds about right Mokei - speaking of the UJ / CVDs, I wonder if we'll see a repeat / continuation of the problems some people were experiencing with their MB re-re's with a lot of vibration. As I recall this was confirmed to be down to a problem with the MB CVDs and replacing them with the re-re Frog dogbones fixed it. They could have quite the recall on their hands if they didn't try to solve it before this release.

german seller tamico.de says: presentation of blackfoot 2016 will be later this year... they are present on the spielwarenmesse nuernberg.

yes yes yes yes yes!!

Was going to make one myself but finding a new body set (even for the BF3) has been near-impossible. Now I'll go buy the real thing instead :D

Although I'd prefer the KBF gearbox, I always liked it better than the original.

• Like 1

Bah , was trying not to buy anything for a while. :wacko:

Must have a blackfoot when they come out, will look good with the MB rere :)

Better stock up! http://r.ebay.com/rDyytd

Terry

I'd like one of these lexan shells, would be great for a basher. It's my favourite shell the f150.

I've got an original BF which is a shelfer. This would be nice to get as a runner but no doubt it'll suffer the same issues the MB re-re had so probably won't get one. Really pleased for everyone that wanted an original style BF though. :)

• Like 2

I've got a feeling this isn't a re release at all. My money's on a completely new chassis and modernised body. Something more like Axial are doing chassis wise.

I've got a feeling this isn't a re release at all. My money's on a completely new chassis and modernised body. Something more like Axial are doing chassis wise.

Don't think so. The text says "Wiederauflage" (= re-release) / "reissue" and the stated wheelbase (246mm) and length (410mm) are absolutely identical to the wheelbase and length of the original release Blackfoot.

• Like 3

My thoughts......but then something tells me that Tamiya is using the Monster Beetle Chassis with a Blackfoot "like" body and Bruiser wheels just for the quick buck.

I'd like one of these lexan shells, would be great for a basher. It's my favourite shell the f150.

I've got an original BF which is a shelfer. This would be nice to get as a runner but no doubt it'll suffer the same issues the MB re-re had so probably won't get one. Really pleased for everyone that wanted an original style BF though. :)

I got one of those Parma bodies for my Bush Devil... It is a perfect fit... The cut-outs for the mounts are in the perfect spot... Just paint and fit and drive!

Terry

http://jpegbay.com/gallery/004895352-.html#1

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Terry :) . Looks great in the pics. I do worry about smashing up the original shell but this would be perfect.

• Like 1

So the Blackfoot from my childhood that I have spent a fortune restoring, is now about to be worth considerably less (not that I did it for that purpose). Oh and the re-re might not get the front grill the one bit I could actually do with. On the other hand it would be nice to have one to beat about and not worry about rolling it etc........... But then there is the blackfoot III for that, which in truth is probably the better engineered one for that purpose, although I think the wide track looks a bit odd.

You can narrow the track easily enough on the WT01, it's the longer wheelbase of the WT01 that looks odd.

• Like 1

So the Blackfoot from my childhood that I have spent a fortune restoring, is now about to be worth considerably less (not that I did it for that purpose). Oh and the re-re might not get the front grill the one bit I could actually do with. On the other hand it would be nice to have one to beat about and not worry about rolling it etc........... But then there is the blackfoot III for that, which in truth is probably the better engineered one for that purpose, although I think the wide track looks a bit odd.

Tamiya is so yesterday.