TomEG

Vote: Editing posts to be limited to 14 days? (formerly Deleting an account)

Should editing old posts be allowed  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, I have received a warning by an admin for spamming. I'll find another more friendly place to be. Don't worry, I'll close the door.

I'm intrigued.... Has the content been removed ? Spamming - really ?

• Like 1

I've been given two warnings over the years for posting inappropriate content, namely linking Youtube videos that included lots of cussing. And in retrospect, I'm OK with these warnings.

It's these rules and our good helpful members that make Tamiyaclub a friendly place on the web that stands out in between all those other nasty forums, where trolling, swearing and spamming is daily routine.

TomEG, please think again. If you still decide to leave, then farewell.

Accounts aren't deleted, if you wish for your account to be closed, that is possible.
Deleting accounts leaves gaps all over the forum.

You were sent a warning for 'spamming' as a reason has to be given in order to despatch the message and it was the most appropriate given that you kept posting up on 'dormant' threads that you predicted the release of the Optima, even though you'd already taken credit for it here;

To save you all a click;

By piecing together things I now hear and see :o from various solid sources, my bet are still on the Optima for the next re-release from Kyosho. At least now I'm 100% sure they are currently working on the re-design* of the Optima chassis. They could, of course, already have finished re-designing the Ultima, and they're now working on the Optima for re-release AFTER that, but I have not seen any sorts of evidence of that from those same sources. The only place I have heard about the Ultima being the next one up, is in this thread. When it comes to the Optima, on the other hand..... :ph34r:

*When I say re-design, it's because some of the oldest Kyoshos (at least the Circuit 1000 series) were designed with pen and paper, while the "Legendary Series" of re-release are being re-designed in Solidworks 3D CAD, by the same designer who drew them by hand 30 years ago. Also the fact that Kyosho have destroyed all their old manufacturing equipment like moulds etc, calls for a re-design of everything.

I'm not sure how many times you need to post up you're great at guessing, but three times was enough for me to receive PMs on the issue from other members.

The message of the warning should've clarified the issue; "Please stop bumping old Kyosho threads when the relevant one is already running.!"

• Like 1

There's an elitist attitude around here, that I don't like. The total number of posts one have achieved decides if you're right or wrong, and what you can say/do. This is not a friendly forum, unless you obey and accept you are wrong, even if your're right.

I have been and am on many forums and am moderator as well on some.

This forum is tight but also the nicest I have known.

Don't leave over a warning, they exist to show us the boundaries not to upset us.

• Like 2

....and I was trying to close the discussion in a thread that obviously was wrong. Trying to conclude it for new people who find it, and could be confused if it was the Ultima or Optima that was re-released. But you Sir, kept deleting that last post, keeping it hanging in the air.

. The total number of posts one have achieved decides if you're right or wrong, and what you can say/do. .

If this would be true, I wouldn't have gotten warned myself. :)

• Like 1

I have been and am on many forums and am moderator as well on some.

This forum is tight but also the nicest I have known.

Don't leave over a warning, they exist to show us the boundaries not to upset us.

Pretty much this ^^^^

Tom, I can see where you are coming from, but you would be mad to leave. You are a good member who has made valuable contributions in the past and would be missed. Just accept the warning and move on from it. No point in cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I think the warning was very appropriate. I wasn't one of the members that complained to the admin, but admittedly, I'm happy somebody did. I think I saw most of your numerous recent posts about "knowing" about the Optima re-re in advance and other bold and blatant statements of knowing exactly how things are at Kyosho, and I now understand I'm not the only one to think it was very annoying. More the so because several members pointed out and proved that statements you literally claimed to be facts, were either completely wrong or in best case, things that were predictable to just about anyone with even the slightest of knowledge about Kyosho anyway.

I think this is a very friendly forum, not the least because it administrated pretty tightly, but one of the things that for good reasons isn't very popular here, are statements from members who claim to have "inside information", but can't prove anything or immediately get extremely fuzzy when asked to be a little more concrete or proven to be wrong. Also, guessing new (re-)releases is hardly science, but sometimes qualified.....yes.....guesses. Even if it had been a science, repeatedly pointing out how splendid oneself is at it, is irritating. Once would suffice.

And in the cases someone has guessed right (and "half" of the TC members had made the same guess), pointing out "I knew it!" doesn't count as credible. Funnily, the absolute majority of the thankfully few members who behave like this, never come back and admit they were wrong when "inside information" (ie. guesses) turn out to be wrong. Instead, they let the threads with their statements die and probably hope for them never to get revived.

Except in very few cases, "inside information" and "facts" presented, would in my humble opinion be confidential information that most likely just a little core of the employees at for instance Tamiya or Kyosho know about and wouldn't leak even to close friends (any close friends of Mr. Kyosho, Mr. Tamiya or their staff here? :P ) because it's valuable and a factor for ensuring that their employer survives (and they keep their jobs).

Furthermore, I worked for 17 years for a Tamiya distributor myself and had friends in several countries working for other hobby distributors, and I was as eager to get information about future products back then as I am now. NOT EVEN ONCE did I get even the tiniest piece of information of this type. God knows I tried! The closest I was to a tiny hint, was at the Tamiya Cup Eurofinal in Kloten (Zurich, Switzerland) in 1996, where a meeting between Tamiya Japan representatives and European Tamiya distributors took place. A Tamiya Japan representative asked what we would think about the Wild Willy being re-released. The question was raised in such a nonchalant way that it didn't even remotely strike me that a Wild Willy re-release of any kind could eventually happen. And in the dinner we had afterwards, I can't recall that anyone touched this topic.

Enough said.

July 2015 in a design office

tomeg1.jpg

August 2015 in a design office

tomeg2.jpg

December 2015 in a design office

tomeg3.jpg

Sometimes it's all about paying attention, and not how many post you have made or where you have worked.

I think the warning was very appropriate. I wasn't one of the members that complained to the admin, but admittedly, I'm happy somebody did. I think I saw most of your numerous recent posts about "knowing" about the Optima re-re in advance and other bold and blatant statements of knowing exactly how things are at Kyosho, and I now understand I'm not the only one to think it was very annoying. More the so because several members pointed out and proved that statements you literally claimed to be facts, were either completely wrong or in best case, things that were predictable to just about anyone with even the slightest of knowledge about Kyosho anyway.

I think this is a very friendly forum, not the least because it administrated pretty tightly, but one of the things that for good reasons isn't very popular here, are statements from members who claim to have "inside information", but can't prove anything or immediately get extremely fuzzy when asked to be a little more concrete or proven to be wrong. Also, guessing new (re-)releases is hardly science, but sometimes qualified.....yes.....guesses. Even if it had been a science, repeatedly pointing out how splendid oneself is at it, is irritating. Once would suffice.

And in the cases someone has guessed right (and "half" of the TC members had made the same guess), pointing out "I knew it!" doesn't count as credible. Funnily, the absolutely majority of the thankfully few members who behave like this, never come back and admit they were wrong when "inside information" (ie. guesses) turn out to be wrong. Instead, they let the threads with their statements die and probably hope for them never to get revived.

Except in very few cases, "inside information" and "facts" presented, would in my humble opinion be confidential information that most likely just a little core of the employees at for instance Tamiya or Kyosho know about and wouldn't leak even to close friends (any close friends of Mr. Kyosho, Mr. Tamiya or their staff here? :P ) because it's valuable and a factor for ensuring that their employer survives (and they keep their jobs).

Furthermore, I worked for 17 years for a Tamiya distributor myself and had friends in several countries working for other hobby distributors, and I was as eager to get information about future products back then as I am now. NOT EVEN ONCE did I get even the tiniest piece of information of this type. God knows I tried! The closest I was to a tiny hint, was at the Tamiya Cup Eurofinal in Kloten (Zurich, Switzerland) in 1996, where a meeting between Tamiya Japan representatives and European Tamiya distributors took place. A Tamiya Japan representative asked what we would think about the Wild Willy being re-released. The question was raised in such a nonchalant way that it didn't even remotely strike me that a Wild Willy re-release of any kind could eventually happen. And in the dinner we had afterwards, I can't recall that anyone touched this topic.

Enough said.

To be honest I am amazed that, in this day and age, at least some information of this kind does not get leaked onto the internet. The Japanese seem to be very good at keeping secrets.

• Like 1

The only "fact" I (maybe) was wrong about was Kyosho destroying their old tooling, which actually was secondary to my main point, that everything was re-designed. I have never claimed to "know" anything, I merely dropped hints that I had pieced together, eg the pictures above. I could add more, but I won't out of respect for others.

No one asked me to provide anything, or be more concrete. But since you brought that up, I gave you the photos above.

And in the cases someone has guessed right (and "half" of the TC members had made the same guess), pointing out "I knew it!" doesn't count as credible. Funnily, the absolutely majority of the thankfully few members who behave like this, never come back and admit they were wrong when "inside information" (ie. guesses) turn out to be wrong. Instead, they let the threads with their statements die and probably hope for them never to get revived.

Again, I never claimed to have any secret inside information. Like you I made a prediction, but I based it on watching details from various places, as well as conversations, not just pure speculation. By piecing together all information I had gathered for months, I concluded on December 31st (new years eve) that the Optima was very close to a rerelease. If you can't accept that others take different approaches to this prediction/guessing game than yourself, your're the perfect example of the elitist culture I mentioned before.

Once again, I never claimed to have any secret inside information, I just pieced together whatever was out there, and if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Some answer in riddles, some with a smile, and some with a "thi-hi-hi". You can actually learn much from observing people and their responses, even in the response itself is not revealing. If you know that 100 + X should be 150, then you'll know what X is.

Enough said.

Elitist statement, again.

But don't worry people, I have deleted most of my posts, back to 2011. Just in case they should bother anyone.

The only "fact" I (maybe) was wrong about was Kyosho destroying their old tooling, which actually was secondary to my main point, that everything was re-designed. I have never claimed to "know" anything, I merely dropped hints that I had pieced together, eg the pictures above. I could add more, but I won't out of respect for others.

You weren't maybe wrong. Another member with real facts (that are those that represent reality) proved you wrong with hard evidence. Several times....

Well, I noticed that you used the word "fact" about several things you wrote, and most times when other members pointed out and proved you were wrong, you generally replied that what they pointed out (and was the opposite of what you first stated) was what you actually meant. You can't expect people to approve of such behaviour. And like most members before you who have claimed to have this category of information, you "of course" "could provide much more, but don't." "Out of respect for others", whatever that means in this specific case.

T

No one asked me to provide anything, or be more concrete. But since you brought that up, I gave you the photos above.

Sorry, I may have given the impression that I thought you did. I didn't. What I referred to were other members in the past who have turned from "I have facts" to totally fuzzy once confronted with critical questions or evidence they were wrong. You instead turned around and confirmed that you "actually" meant the opposite of what you first stated. Your photos prove absolutely nothing to me.

Again, I never claimed to have any secret inside information. Like you I made a prediction, but I based it on watching details from various places, as well as conversations, not just pure speculation. By piecing together all information I had gathered for months, I concluded on December 31st (new years eve) that the Optima was very close to a rerelease. If you can't accept that others take different approaches to this prediction/guessing game than yourself, your're the perfect example of the elitist culture I mentioned before.

Someone who uses the word "fact" about what they say, would need to have inside information to know.......well.....inside information. But OK, I see you now admit that you just did exactly what countless other members did; you made a pretty qualified guess about the Optima re-release. I know very little about Kyosho, but even I guessed that the Optima would materialize after the Tomahawk. I could have been wrong, that's why I never presented my guess and called it a fact. Simply because we all owe each other to be honest. Most anyone on this forum are in here to get credible and solid information and any member who dilutes the credibility of the forum by claiming to have "facts" and to "know" something when they don't at all, needs to be corrected to keep the generally high standard of information here. Speculations are OK, but for God's sake, call it a speculation and not a fact, and do it BEFORE you get proven wrong, not AFTER.

Elitist statement, again.

Simple question: Who's the elitist? The person who openly admits knowing nothing, or the person who claims to know a lot he doesn't and even calls it facts and brags about being right even when he isn't?
  • Like 1

But don't worry people, I have deleted most of my posts, back to 2011. Just in case they should bother anyone.

Seriously? Why would you do this, other than out of spite? Grow up. I valued your posts and replies and now they are gone so any searches and conversations leave holes in threads. So childish, but if damage to the forum was what you wanted, you've succeeded.

Look, I get your frustration in the heat of the moment, but take a step back and look at it from the outside after you've calmed down.

• Like 1

TomEG can no longer post here, the same limitation is put on to anyone who goes back and delete posts etc.

• Like 4

If someone wants to leave they should just do that, making a thread about it is just being a drama queen.

• Like 3

Wow there was some drama here! LOL

Aren't we all here because we are grown men (and a few ladies) who play with certain toys?

• Like 4

How do I delete my forum account?

Apparently you go back and delete all of your previous posts effectively carving up other members unrelated topics because you have your nose out of joint elsewhere in the forum. Mission accomplished.

I've had another ex-member completely carve up one of my topics that is important to me. I'll refrain here from expressing my opinion on this type of behaviour but needless to say, it's dissapointing. So what else does it achieve other than dissapointing other members......satisfaction at the inconvenience of others.

Nice one !

• Like 2

So can his post's be undeleted Twinset ? . Or are the gone forever ?.

It doesn't sit in a deleted folder 1st & can then be retrieved before

it goes ?.

If not Maybe this needs to be setup ( if it could ) , so if this happens again , it can be retrieved .

Thanks .

• Like 1

No member can delete their own posts, what he did was edit most of his previous 214 post, eg; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78719&page=3#entry617130

That can't be reversed as it would mean rolling back the forum to the state it was in when he started which would, as a consequence, delete any new content.

I have found a setting which stops all members editing posts older than 14 days, if someone wants to test it please let me know if it works - I can't test it myself as my access overrides that setting

Just pick a post older than 2 weeks and try to add a full stop (period) or summat like that

• Like 3

just out of curiousity, what happens when a member is banned? I noticed on one of my topics (this was a few weeks ago now), that one of the people responding was banned, and all his replies got changed. Does this mean he did that himself?

I've changed their status to banned just so their posting rights aren't reinstated, they edited their own content prior to being 'banned' which is why some of TomEG's posts remain intact - he didn't edit them and I'm not going to

All that banning does is remove all rights from that member so I don't have to untick every access option in their profile

By editing years worth of threads it's clear they no longer want to be part of TC, so it's the easiest way for me to help them on their way.

• Like 3