Sign in to follow this  
salvine

Trying to find wider wheel adapters

So I bought a TT01 kit a couple years ago and I'm pretty sure it came with a sprue that had two extra hex wheel adapters that were about 10mm wide instead of the usual 5mm. Any idea what the part number for the sprue would be? I think these also would be used with a TG10 since those have longer axle stubs. TIA

Here's how to find out - locate a manual for the TT-01 chassis (clue: tamiyausa.com has them) then look at the parts listing at the back. It'll show the part number next to the picture of the sprue.

They were originally called the TG10 axle set.

Now they pretty much exist on the WR02, so a Willy 2 manual will help too.

Ah, they were in the Ferrari Enzo TT01 kit.

They were fitted to the back of the Enzo because the bodyshell was so incredibly wide. The standard wheels already had +2mm offset I believe.

Yes they are to be used with the TG10 Long Rear wheel axles. As standard TG10 axles are just regular length. The wider hexes can also be found on the M03 toe in rear upright set too.

James

:)

Of course I moved the manual out of the way as I'm looking through my box of TT01 parts! Doh!

• Like 1

The TT02 also gave you a pair of wider hex hubs (with the nifty disc brake detail) too. Might be worth sticking up a wanted post in the classified section as there's bound to be someone that doesn't need them in their spares box.

Is it just the 2 plastic hex hubs you need? As I have a spare 2 doing nothing in my parts box. You are free to have them if you like?

James

You can get those 10mm hexes in alloy aswell, even from tamiya.

Is it just the 2 plastic hex hubs you need? As I have a spare 2 doing nothing in my parts box. You are free to have them if you like?

James

Did you get my PM James?

Hi, sorry, i did but totally forgot :( , i do appologise. In the middle of moving house at the moment so everything is hectic.

I will get them sent tomorrow. I will take a picture of them later to send you and make sure i am sending you the right bits.

James

Ok, so i have looked everywhere, but i can only find 1 wide hex adaptor :( I know i have 2 as they were purchased brand new and never used. I will have another look and see if i can find it.

James