shozz

fried everything

Hi

I have a CC01 and i have running it with no problems for about 20 or so charges. I use the tamiya TBLE-02 and the tamiya torque tuned motor running with a 2c. i run a Fly sky gt3b receiver and a metal gear servo. It was working fine then i lost steering still had motor then lost motor. took the shell off and smelled burnt electric the receiver was no longer turning on and the esc was blinking green and beeping the servo was very hard to move turned out to have burnt part of the circuit board. the receiver smelled burnt. Any ideas on what happend would be great thanks i am just at a loss

An odd one to be sure. It sounds like the servo may have somehow jammed resulting in it drawing too much current, damaging itself and the receiver in the process.

There is also a small chance your BEC may have somehow failed and overloaded the receiver and servo, although this is a lot less likely. In my experience, BEC failures normally result in no power rather than too much. Best to check it to be on the safe side though.

Hi yeah i am shocked that this happened the way it did its like the servo burnt up and when i went to see if it would steer again it sent the power that would normally go to the servo motor and sent it up the ground shorting everything in its path but thats just a guess; I just have never seen it. Now the ESC just blinks green and beeps it does not send any power to the receiver and the manual does not say anything about what a blinking green light means so your guess is as good as mine

I don't know much about the TBLE-02S, but for older Tamiya ESCs blinking and beeping meant there were missing receiver signal or power.

I believe it is the same for this one. This suggests that the servo overloaded the ESC BEC and/or receiver by drawing too much current.

Are you sure the ESC is sending no power to the receiver, or is the receiver itself perhaps fried?

Hi yeah i know that the receiver is good it works with my other car and its alright, As far as the beeping and the flashing they do it at the same time and its a faster then normal beep from no signal. The thing that i find the most strange is how hard it is to turn the servo i mean it takes a set of pliers to do so. whats the deal with that ?

Does the ESC act this way if the dodgy servo is not connected to the receiver? If you have to use pliers to move it, it's likely seized up and if the radio is trying to center it upon switch on it might be drawing too much current from the ESC's BEC circuit. Just an idea.

yeah i opened up that receiver and its toast one of the chips is burnt up i am wondering if that was what fried the servo i wish i knew what went first due to having that same servo in my TT02

If the receiver somehow fried the servo (which is very unlikely), it would fry its electronics. This would not make it any stiffer to turn than normal.

A far more likely scenario is that the servo suffered a mechanical failure of some sort, making it jam. This caused the motor to draw far more current than normal, frying the servo and receiver electronics.

Basically, the stiffness of the servo is likely to be the cause of the fried electronics, not the result of them.

• Like 1

Hi yeah that was what i was thinking its just something that i have never heard of. I hope that i will never see it happen another time. other then that i am very glad that i have made the switch over to tamiya not just the CC01 but my TT02 as well i really like everything about them. I think i will be a lifer with Tamiya

Just out of interest, what did you drive before?

He well i use to only run HPI. Biut i just really like tamiya its more of a hobby guys car i love the endless tunabilty