Wild Willy Speed Shop

WW2 + Boost

Hello,

Thought I would share my WW2 currently in the build, body is nearly finished and still waiting on some bits for the chassis.

Will be running,
9t, 7.4 5000 NIMH (or a lipo if i can fit one), traxxas water proof servo, rc4wd 1.9s, adjustable turnbuckles, custom extra long sprung wheelie bar, oil filled shocks, alloy shock mounts & full bearings

Its also been channeled to sit nice and low.

Would love to be able to put a few unsuspecting traxxas, hpi's and nitros away in dirt drags and sand drags with this one.

Thanks

post-30913-0-63554100-1350130658_thumb.j

post-30913-0-51331400-1350130713_thumb.j

• Like 1

Looks great !! . So you are in perth , Good to see another one from WA .

Love the paintwork, looks fantastic. Not 100% convinced with the roll cage covering though, are you going to paint it?

Really like the alloy rear shock mount, who makes them?

cheers,

Rob

Thanks. Definitely good to see some perth members! if there is ever a big bash session I would be in for sure.

Do you race anywhere?

Welcome. Check out our thread in Meetings & Events. From page 6 you will find pics from our last get together. Here is the line up from that day. As you can see, we definately need some Willy's :D

WATC220412001.jpg

Hi guys, sorry for lack of updates things have been crazy busy.

IBIFTKH - Thanks for the kind words, was pretty happy with the finish. Thinking of leaving the cage white for a contrast although will be covering another cage in black for a comparison so will post some pics up, the shock mounts were from ebay, can't remember the brand although there are plenty up there under a wild willy search. The quality is top notch although the price is hefty $50ish per shock mount, they make a nice wheelie bar also.

Wolfdogstinkus - Check ebay under a wild willy search, can't remember the brand but they do lots of goodies for WR02

Simensays - Cheers dude, and that is hands down the best weathering job i have ever seen. fantastic work there!

Thommo - Looks like an awesome meet! so glad to see there are plenty of Tamiya's in Perth!

Should have an update soon for this build

Shock tower looks like the Tech Racing items, available out of Japan from Jason's store ?

Wolfdogstinkus - Check ebay under a wild willy search, can't remember the brand but they do lots of goodies for WR02

Thanks Wildwillyspeedshop, I couldn't find anything on there just now but I will keep looking.Thanks Percymon, I will have a look.

Thanks Wildwillyspeedshop, I couldn't find anything on there just now but I will keep looking.Thanks Percymon, I will have a look.

Just open your search to worldwide

Some progress shots, no steering, motor or electronics in at this stage also needs a new gearbox. but happy with the overall stance and look so far. The Team Blue Star shocks are brilliant quality.

WW24.jpg

WW23.jpg

WW22.jpg

WW21.jpg

Comments welcome,

Cheers.

• Like 2

Wow, those tires are HUGE! Look a little too big in my opinion, I much prefer the paddle look, but that only really has use on the beach.

Gonna be hard to keep the front end on the ground at all with a lot of power and those huge tires!

Looks pretty awesome though!

Cheers,

Skottoman

The paddles look neat but I would un-white-wall the fronts (personal taste and all that).

And it seems such a shame to see those horrible body posts sticking out of that beautifully painted shell! Sorry, pet peeve - I hate body posts!!

Haven't had the chance to do much on this lately but have a few small updates;

And yeah will probably clean up the white walls or try to redo them neatly.

Added some stickers and decided to ditch the winch and chuck a rego plate on there

IMAG0386_zps6d5c4604.jpg

New Alloy wheelie bar and servo mounts

IMAG0385_zpsc95551e2.jpg

Chrome painted the gearbox housing

IMAG0383_zpseeb4d03a.jpg

Want to add a huge turbo hanging out the bonnet. Has any one made one? thinking of a bottle top as a base?

IMAG0383_zpseeb4d03a.jpg

Also want to add a braided fuel line or fuel pump, any ideas?

IMAG0380_zps6bd00c05.jpg

IMAG0375_zps3d40abd7.jpg

Thoughts comments welcome

Cheers

I'm liking the turbo idea - not sure on a Willy, but that bottle top is a good start to a mod for sure !

• Like 1

More pictures of the gearbox assembled please. And how did you make the rollbar look that way? Tape?

Does anyone know if the Tech Racing Wild Willy suspension arms are any longer than stock? They say long, but by how much? I am looking to lengthen the arms on my WW2 but I don't want to go as extreme as adding the Manta Ray arms.

James.

I'm liking the turbo idea - not sure on a Willy, but that bottle top is a good start to a mod for sure !

This is my inspiration - 8 sec Honda S600!

article_s600p_zps8d63e05a.jpg

article_s600q_zpsfdb04b38.jpg

This Pipe should come in handy

IMAG0387_zps9690b66c.jpg

Will also need some fat dumper exhausts

IMAG0388_zpsb39b2070.jpg

I really like the paddle tires on it! Very cool looking!

OSR

Cheers dude, the 1.9s are out for sure

More pictures of the gearbox assembled please. And how did you make the rollbar look that way? Tape?

Does anyone know if the Tech Racing Wild Willy suspension arms are any longer than stock? They say long, but by how much? I am looking to lengthen the arms on my WW2 but I don't want to go as extreme as adding the Manta Ray arms.

James.

Should have the gearbox assembled tonight, I will post up some pics.

The cage effect is electrical tape very tightly wrapped then given a squirt of clear as well as shrink wrap on all the ends to stop it peeling off.

Good if you want a 'padded' look plus the whole thing is rigid as and good padding for big roll overs!

Not to sure about the arm width sorry mate.

Cheers