Kevin_Mc

European van bodies

I'm really asking about Lexan bodies here but hard bodies would also suit if they're all that's available.

What i'm looking for is a 1:10 scale body of a European van. Something like a Ford Transit, Merc Sprinter, VW Transporter. I'm after something that's well detailed and actually does look like the 1:1 version.

At a push an american style van/truck would do but ideally i'm after a Euro spec vehicle.

Has anyone come across any?

It depends on in which scale you want it.

German company Bruder has several versions of the MB Sprinter in 1/16 scale, and the body is often used for RC-conversions among 1/14.5 and 1/16 scale truck fans.

Robbe made a lexan VW T4 Transporter body in 1/10 scale which is still pretty easy to source. Quality isn't great, but not bad for being Robbe. ;-)

Maisto has a hard plastic VW T1 Samba in 1/10 scale. A great body, btw!

HPI made a lexan VW T1 in roughly 1/12 scale. The original is pretty hard to find, but copies exist.

I don't know the manufacturer, but both the VW T2 and T3 exist in roughly 1/12 scale from a minor manufacturer. Quality is mediocre though.

Also, a Ford Transit Mk.II lexan 1/12 scale (?) body was made back in the eighties and copies are possible to source.

• Like 1

The mk2 transit Kamtec do looks like what i'm after.

I'm really wanting something 1:10 scale but i really just need the front section so could make almost anything work.

The vw t1 is too old for what i need, 80s onwards - do you have any links to the ones you mentioned?

On 12/18/2014 at 12:25 PM, StrokerBoy said:

I'd be very keen on a VW T5 shell but not managed to find one yet.

Still searching?

On 1/26/2019 at 1:03 PM, Mokei Kagaku said:

Still searching?

I've not been on here for 3 months or so, too many other things going on.  Not given RC any thought at all lately.

I might still be interested in a T5 shell if there's a good one out there.  Only because that's what I drive every day.