DaveB

Avante 2011 becoming scarce

So I bought an Avante 2011 last year and was just having a scan on ebay and it looks like they are becoming quite scarce - none of the usual Chinese hobby shops seem to have stock and there are only a handful at fairly steep prices on ebay.

I managed to get mine from RCMart last year for just over £240 delivered which I think was pretty good. I'm wondering if demand is going to start to rise again for this kit..?

I think you're right. I bought my first one back in early 2012 and then another in February this year. I felt lucky to get the second one. I am sure I read somewhere that they are making more of them though.

I think you'll find that Tamiya is just batching production, so they are only made every so often - controlling stocks and ensuring supply just meets demand

It would be really interesting to see the sales figures for both the Avante 1988 and the Avante 2011. I wonder if the re-re out-sold the original.

• Like 1

They announced in March that they will be doing another production run, so those kits will no doubt be hitting the stores soon. It's obviously been a very good seller.

Yes, the Avante will be re re released soon.

Max

still waiting for this batch to come so I can get a pair :) but has been a long wait so far :(

I think Tamiya made sure all their models will never command the prices for the 2nd hand market like they did 5-6 years ago before opening the flood gates of re release. Some models still commands a good prize, but if and when is re release, their bottom will fall out.
I would say it will take another 50 years before the collectibility will heat up again.

A RE of a RE?????

Really. The avante is not a cheap kit. Lucky for me I bought my RE re Avante cheap & half built as he lost interested. Otherwise I would not have one.

Why not do a Re of the RE of the Top Force & EVO, Thunder Shot & Dyna Storm as well Mr Tamiya. ;)

Tamiya always knows how to hit our brains..:-)

Ahhhh minor correction if I may....Tamiya always knows how to hit our wallet. :lol:

Ahhhh minor correction if I may....Tamiya always knows how to hit our wallet. :lol:

Hahaha..this is indeed true

Does anyone know if this has been re-re-released yet?

I've recently seen a few reappearing on eBay from the Honk Kong retailers.

Stella have stock

or did when I got the email about a month ago:/

Hmm, this, an egress or wait for the top force evo to come (if it ever does!)

Hmm, this, an egress or wait for the top force evo to come (if it ever does!)

There's no "or", you get this, and an Egress, and the Evo when it comes out ;)

I wish they did a Re Re of the Boomerang...

My Local RC shop has an Avante 2011 re-released version... he's asking way too much for it though... so I just look at the box and feel like I'm 10 years old again, wanting something I can't have. :(

One day... ONE day... ;)

• Like 1

No Avante rere down here (don't think Oz even got any! First batch or subsequent)

but the LHSes currently seem flooded with Egress. And RC10WCs.

Scorpion has landed too.

LHS here still have RC10 in stock and many Tamiya's re res, getting ready for Xmas season stock up. So anyone is thinking about a re re for self present, better get it now or take a chance .

Yours truly

Your Local Chamber of Commerce

Tamiya USA has had it listed as discontinued for some time now.