sparkysx

Tiny ESC?

Anyone know where I can get a really small esc? I want to put one on my 959, but want to conceal it, so it needs to be small.

Thanks.

looks like you need a pc interface with this, very nice but far too flashy for the kind of driving this will be doing.

It's going to be a technigold or technigold copy, so no problem there! cheers.

no problem - happy to help

Mtroniks Viper 10 measures 26x26x9mm. It's what I got for my Kyosho motocycle and its about the size of a postage stamp.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=320840300312

The first one didn't work but I should be getting its replacement this week and I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Advantages are it has built in BEC, failsafe and it's waterproof with a simple set up.

• Like 1

It does 10 Amps, so that's 1:32 scale and such.

i think the one i linked to may be more suitable ?

• Like 1

Dont get fooled by the LRP 100% waterproof statement, I toasted three of their ESCs in humid conditions.

Sparksy,

One thing that you may not have considered, and that is the possibility that by hiding the ESC you could reduce the cooling airflow across the ESC, and as such effectively reduce the motor limit that it can handle as a result..

• Like 1

How about a Nosram dominator they are small and rated for low turn motors...see pic on mine in the Madcap below

• Like 1

I have the LRP Runner Plus Reverse in my TT01RA, where it has survived numerous watery encounters with no issues, and runs faultlessly under the car's chassis dust cover without overheating despite having minimal airflow. And with a 12t limit, running a Technigold is well within its capabilities.

I bought it after seeing how well my father's one worked, buried deep within the bowels of his TL01RA yet running cool despite powering a LRP 19t Rally Special motor for pack after pack in the middle of Summer.

• Like 2

Anyone know where I can get a really small esc? I want to put one on my 959, but want to conceal it, so it needs to be small.

Thanks.

Lipo ready or not?

• Like 1

The one i linked to is non Lipo but a really good piece of kit . No messing about with settings as it ' learns ' your end points ect . it really is plug and play .

Some may find it too basis but for a small and reliable ESC its really excellent .

Not tiny, but its not huge either. Easy to setup and lipo capable if you later upgrade, just by moving a jumper. Can be had for £14 delivered of the bay too.