After a couple of mishaps and some electronics changes, I have finally "finished" my fAV. It still needs Wild One dampers, but this is how it will run for now.

finalFAVsetup.jpg

The body is unpainted, with factory sticker job.

finalFAVside.jpg

The drivers arm wouldn't stay on at all, so I just screwed it on.

finalFAVdriver.jpg

Some top mesh for a little shade

finalFAVtop.jpg

And the Knight Customs engine. I'm not much of a painter, so I just sprayed it light gunmetal TS-42. I'll have some nicer pics of it later.

finalFAVengine.jpg

Not the best example of a FAV, but I'm happy with it, and ready to have some fun.

Justin

• Like 1

Looks good.

glue the drivers arm on with goop or goop shoe goo glue put the screw back in and after it dries take the screw out and fill the hole and paint it and his arm will never come off!

Looks great if you ask me, those factory stickers really make a big difference. Makes me want to build a camo version too.

If you want an easy tip on painting the engine? Take a small amount of black and add 5 parts (5times as much) thinner to water it down. Then using a large brush, paint the engine liberally and let the paint wash over everything. Allow to dry and you'll see the black gets in all the small details to make them pop.

Oh, and cool mesh, where did you get it? I could use some like that.

Thanks for the comments.

Shenloco, the mesh on top makes it difficult to get the driver out when needed. The screw allows me to move his arm just slightly to help get him out. At some point I will paint the screw to hide it a bit more.

Toykid, I was actually going to some black accenting on the engine. It my mind the ideas always look great, then I end up making something I'm not happy with. The engine looked good all gunmetal, so I left it, instead of being bummed when I couldn't get the vision in my head to look right on the real piece.

As for the mesh, it's from the craft store. It has something to do with knitting/crocheting as it is near the yarns. It comes in many different colors, and an 8" x 11" sheet is about $1.

Justin

• Like 1

Thanks Justin, those craft stores are a gold mine if you know what you are looking for.