Skottoman

RC4WD Gelande Land Rover Build

Here's what I've been up to lately. I cheated on Tamiya and am trying an RC4WD Gelande chassis with the China built Land Rover body.

I will say that I've had to throw a lot of $ at this chassis to make it reliable. It does scream "Made in China", but the parts are well done. It's the things like driveshafts, screws, universals, etc, that I've had to replace. Body is a Toy quality item out of China, but can really be made nice, as many people have proved, and I'm finding that this is really turning out to be an awesome looking scale truck!!! :)

Just want to put this on Tamiyaclub, as most of my builds are on here, even though I don't think many people check these "Other makes" threads...

Photos of the build!

lr_1.jpg

lr_2.jpg

lr_3.jpg

lr_4.jpg

lr_5.jpg

As someone who has taken over 3 months messing about with a Sand Scorcher and still doesn't have something that can be driven, I am in awe of the work that's gone into this and the excellent result. Well done.

Thank you! But I'm not even close to being done.... Hahaha.....

I like it a lot and i know the scale options are limitless . Nice job so far Buddie . :)

Wow!, I would have posted yesterday but there was drool all over my keyboard :blink: . That is an amzing build Skottoman, even the Mrs was impressed and she hardly ever shows an interest in R/C.

Can I just ask what the driver figure has in his hand?, Is it a flask of tea?

Can I just ask what the driver figure has in his hand?, Is it a flask of tea?

It's a Beer Stein! Now sitting in the console inside the truck...

Still a lot more to do.

lr_48.jpg

lr_49.jpg

lr_50.jpg

Looking great. The only thing i'd maybe add is some plating

http://store.rc4wd.com/Land-Rover-Defender...Set_p_1519.html and light guards http://store.rc4wd.com/Land-Rover-Defender...rds_p_1558.html in black .

Thanks! While both of those items are out of stock, I did already do a custom center diamond plate hood panel. I may do the rear quarter panels too...

I don't see a need for light guards, as I have mesh already installed on my bumper, but the possibilities are endless, yah?!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Looking great. The only thing i'd maybe add is ................................

One of those upside-down stickers that read "If you can read this, Flip me over" :P

post-23151-1334027282_thumb.jpg

This just gets better every time I look at it. I keep noticing new things as well, you did a great job.

Once again skottoman , Exceptional job . Love all the detail in your work .

Gee i have miss this for too days , All the way down the page . Had to

adventure all the way down , Glade i did :P .

One of those upside-down stickers that read "If you can read this, Flip me over" :)

Done! Added to the details... more pix later on...

Cheers,

Skottoman

Looks great!! Loving the Union jack/flag roof!! The exo-cage and rack is cool and it all looks sooo scale!! Who is your driver?

Whoa, she's a beauty !

Not sure about the beerstein and handgun in the cabin though - that's a wild fella :lol: !

Sweet ride, gives us all something to aim for.