Sign in to follow this  
lee1980

Kyosho mini-z's

I have always wanted a mini-z and now they have just released a mini-z buggy with an optima body I want lol.

It comes with a 2.4ghz reciever with usual bind button etc, will it only work with a kyosho prefix type transmitter? as the prefix transmitter is about £60 or so and the car

will be about £120.

Be good if I can use my spektrum transmitter.

I have always wanted a mini-z and now they have just released a mini-z buggy with an optima body I want lol.

It comes with a 2.4ghz reciever with usual bind button etc, will it only work with a kyosho prefix type transmitter? as the prefix transmitter is about £60 or so and the car

will be about £120.

Be good if I can use my spektrum transmitter.

You'll need a Kyosho 2.4 GHz ASF compatible transmitter. As far as I know only the Kyosho Perfex transmitters are compatible.

The standard one is the KT-18

There is an upgraded model as well, EX-5UR:

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/PERFEX-EX-5UR...TTER-_p_37.html

I do not think the FHSS transmitters from Kyosho will work:

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/deta...oduct_id=107243

It could be possible to replace the receiver, but I think it has an integrated receiver/ESC and the fit is very tight in there.

Thanks Yonez, I guess its the ASF part that needs to match etc. Shame will need to wait a while to order as getting from HK to the UK and be best of ordering car and transmitter together.

Or just order car first and try it out!

for sure it won't be Spektrum compatible

KO used to sell a Mini-Z AM module for its transmitters, don't know if they do a 2.4 version lately

or does Mini-Z just run the same system as KO's usual 2.4 gear and don't need another module

for sure it won't be Spektrum compatible

KO used to sell a Mini-Z AM module for its transmitters, don't know if they do a 2.4 version lately

or does Mini-Z just run the same system as KO's usual 2.4 gear and don't need another module

Thanks If I do get it best get the transmitter to then or it be an expensive shelf model lol.

I can look at the manual if you want, I'm pretty sure that I read something either in the paper manual it came with or the .pdf on Kyosho's website about compatibility with other transmitters. The thing I think I remember was it saying it works with some Futaba transmitters but not supported by Kyosho.

I can look at the manual if you want, I'm pretty sure that I read something either in the paper manual it came with or the .pdf on Kyosho's website about compatibility with other transmitters. The thing I think I remember was it saying it works with some Futaba transmitters but not supported by Kyosho.

Thanks i have seen the manual and did see about some futuba ones working but I only have a spektrum and if need to buy another will get the kyosho transmitter from HK at same time as get car.

They come with either AM or 2.4ghz. Newer ones are all 2.4ghz. Kyosho do make their own 2.4 transmitter but if you prefer, you can use KO Propo and install a module specifically for Mini-z. I don't know if that is really practical if you want to use the transmitter with other cars if you need to remove the module every time you switch between cars. I have the Kyosho one and it works fine. If you buy one from Nanotrax, look in their discounted items as they often sell the Kyosho ones quite cheap.

I have seen a guy offering to convert your AM mini-z chassis to Spektrum 2.4 but you need to send him your chassis and it isn't cheap. I think I saw the mention of it on mini-zracer.com.