Tetsu0san

Help with some identification

Morning all

I recently bought a car from evilbay and I have no idea what it is. It's cheap but well made, hasn't had a lot of use and I think once I replace or fix the shocks it will be a nice little car. However I don't want to use it until I know I can get spares!

Anyway, this is it:

post-38174-0-41469100-1412149540_thumb.j

post-38174-0-68823400-1412149550_thumb.j

Cheers

Can't find a picture of a Duratrax B3 but all the buggies I can find that they do have a link across the top of the shock mount. So I don't think it's a Duratrax either...

Can't find a picture of a Duratrax B3 but all the buggies I can find that they do have a link across the top of the shock mount. So I don't think it's a Duratrax either...

thunder tiger ?

Don't think so. What is very confusing is the Tamiya style speed controller, but even that looks slightly different to a genuine Tamiya one.

It has to be a clone of some desciption as none of the main makes seem to have one that is similar. I thought the yellow battery clip would be a dead give away for someone, but it seems that it's not that easy...

thunder tiger ?

. I wondered that as the AT -10 was a clone of the associated B3. But like the Duratrax evader series buggies it too had a top cross brace on the front shock tower. The battery stay could be RPM or Andys after market -it's certainly their colour!

The front arms to me suggest it's quite a poor clone of an associated B//3/4 - their design just looks too basic and the plastics too smooth for Duratrax , TT or associated.

it sure is an odd one , i know there was a chinese company a few years back that did a B3 clone that had the brace-less shock tower and that same ribbed front upper brace but i cant find it now, i am not sure if it was on the RCU forums or RCTALK , i did a search on both but came up with nothing ,

Traxxas !?

The problem is they all look so similar. But no, I don't think it's an eary Bandit. I used to have an early Rustler and the plastic doesn't feel the same (if that makes sense).

I think that you lot have found it. Excellent stuff, thanks.

Funnily enough I almost bought one of these in my last car fetish period, but didn't.