Sign in to follow this  
steponit!

Aluminium Servo Saver for HiTec HS-645MG

Hi Good People!

Does anyone know what 'Aluminium (or metal) Servo Saver' is best for my 'HiTec HS-645MG' servo? Before that, I was using the 'Tamiya Hi - Torque servo Saver [51000]' on my Tamiya High Lift truck....until it got ruined!

Any help / advise is highly appreciated.

Thank you, Good People !!

Servo needs saving??? If you are running a Metal Gear servo, then you might not need a servo saver at all?? A servo saver is good at protecting the fine pitch plastic gears, splines and mounting points from stripping / breaking when the front wheels are smashed into something solid, but the newer generation servos ( hi-torque / brushless motor type etc ) are pretty tough. However, I guess it could also be a case like the $1000 HD LCD TV screen protecting a 10 cent fuse!!!!!

I find just replacing with another 51000 or the 3Racing equivalent is the most straightforward thing to do. They rarely break and if they do then they have kind of done their job. I managed to knacker another Hitec plastic geared servo this morning because I was a fool and ran it without a saver (just a direct horn). Not worth the risk, even with cheap servos, it's a pain to keep replacing them.

using a servo saver depends on what purpose u use your car.

for slow driving like scale and crawling a alloy servo horn for directer steering works great.

faster speeds and bashing, yes a servo saver saves the servo. :rolleyes: