Sign in to follow this  
HornetRacer 1971

Formula One

Well I can't seem to find a Formula One related thread so I thought I had better start one of my own!!

Been into F1 since aged about 7 yrs old........now 43....so a long time lol

Big Hamilton fan......really want him to win his second title this year.......

Silverstone at the weekend........!!!!

Any other F1 fans in the Forum??

Introduce yourself here :)

I like ANY motor sport with 4 wheels - but especially the B.T.C.C / tin top racing

Yes into f1 btcc moto gp and bsb Iam a raikkonen fan

F1 has had its day for me I am afraid and being honest most motorsport has went of the boil for me now. there is to many rules and regulations that have ruined it for me.

the only ones I watch from time to time are the bike racing, drifting and drag racing. like the US street drag cars the best.
watch the video below much better than F1 redneck engineering.

I think F1 is great, but here in Canada it does not have the same kind of coverage as it does in the rest of the world - a bit like soc- ah, football!

That being said, I find its history way more interesting than the present, due to the different cars and personalities in the day...

One of my favourite books was Gregor Grant's "World Champion," published in 1959, and covering the inaugural season to 1958. That must have influenced me, and with 'Rush' having been released, the 1970s look glorious again.

But I still take pleasure in catching a race today - the technology development may not relate to cars that much anymore, but it all has fascinating applications elsewhere. I read some of McLaren's technology now goes into offshore oil drilling!

So I am sure you will find plenty of F1 fans on this forum! Now, to find Tamiya's Ferrari 312T3...

Oh, and sidewaysdave69: have a look at 24 Hours of LeMons for some real engineering ;)

• Like 1

No question F1 is the top dog in motor racing where money buys championship. The technologies just blows me away, but i know few years later will likely appear in the top end cars and few more years later in your family car.

I can see regular joe or jane just not into it where nascar , rally or dragster are more in their comfort zone or can relate to and F1 is for theelites, which is partly true.

There is no F1 racing here and i am not about to spend serious money to countries that have F1.

I think F1 needs to appear more on TV like Top Gear and make regular job feel right at home.

Modern F1 in my opinion is boring <_< and in Italy is particularly boring due to Ferrari oriented F1 thinking :mellow: .

In my opinion watching motorsports at TV is boring. I prefer broadcasts concerning cars restoration and building (as I prefer building and modifying my little cars).
  • Like 2

I think f1 should run any one of their cars again a gti, M3, GTR, GT3, 911 TURBO etc... and see how their car can just run rings around any super cars in the market.

F1 wants to make it interesting by changing the rules from limiting electronic control, tires, ground effects. They know the same team winning year after year is just not exciting and the underdog winning makes it much more exciting.