Sign in to follow this  
backtomyroots

Juggernaut 2 - Complete Transformation

Just arrived via Ebay:

img7434_03072014213852_1.jpg

Nearly new built, body was damaged and cracked in shipping but otherwise near mint condition. Came with a Novak Super Rooster ESC and the Tamiya Optional Light Set installed.

Big plans to strip and rebuild into a more realistic truck.

Parts currently shipping to me:

• XtremeRacing Carbon fibre behind the axle steering - installing on both front and rear axles for 4 wheel steer (also ordered the lock out in case I change my mind)
  • Tamiya TEU-103BK Dual motor ESC
  • New bearings
  • Axial LED Set (light bar & headlights)
  • 2.4 ghz Radio/Receiver - compliments of Hobby King

To be found/purchased yet is a new Juggernaut Body set - not going to settle for the F350 set.

Stay tuned !

• Like 2

Can I also suggest a set of round ally bar suspension rods to replace the plastic ones.

TXT axles, hubs, and wheels to give a slightly wider track, makes the truck more stable, and stops the tires rubbing on the edges of the axle guards.

Hi Lift dampers to replace the stock plastic shocks.

I'm biased, but I think they look good on mine :)

img33435_25052011231430_2.jpg

I pretty sure in this pic that the TXT axles are fitted as well, put the wheels out slightly wider than stock.
img33435_25052011231430_3.jpg

Can I also suggest a set of round ally bar suspension rods to replace the plastic ones.

TXT axles, hubs, and wheels to give a slightly wider track, makes the truck more stable, and stops the tires rubbing on the edges of the axle guards.

Hi Lift dampers to replace the stock plastic shocks.

I'm biased, but I think they look good on mine :)

I pretty sure in this pic that the TXT axles are fitted as well, put the wheels out slightly wider than stock.

Great ideas - the suspension rods are in the mail ! It's life will be on the shelf so not worried about width and I'm partial to the Jugg wheels and tires.

The F350 shocks are also a good idea - look sharp. May consider . . . .

All my bits, including a new mint unpainted body are in the mail !

Now, what colour to choose . . . . :o .

I got a hi lift earlier this year which I painted Ford Azure blue. It's a deep metallic blue, and I was very pleased with the result.

Just a note for anyone on the wheels and tires, TXT wheels are the same size for tire fit as the Jugg2 items, the only difference between them is the size of the drive lugs on the inside of the wheel, so you could keep the Jugg2 tires and still widen the track. (This was what I did originally with mine, I've now pulled the wide track bits for my runner Jugg2, and returned the one in the pictures to stock, apart from the Hi-Lift shell of course.)

As it arrived:

img7434_03072014213852_2.jpg

img7434_03072014213852_3.jpg

Hop-ups (excluding bearings still lost in the mail):

img7434_03072014213852_4.jpg

In the meantime I wonder the following:

What colour to paint the body ?

Set up with front steer and rear lock out or 4 wheel steer ?

Tear down starts when bearings arrive !

Looks pretty good :wub: I would leave it 4 wheel steering to start. But, I am curious how the rear wheel steering lock out affects the overall turning radius, cant be good? But, I am sure it is more stable with just front wheel steering.

I need to get on the ball with my Juggernaut build. Hope to start chassis assembly this weekend, and maybe get some paint sprayed :)

EDIT - Looks like your body got damaged in the same spot mine was, right around the front cab screw holes :( I am going to use my current "repaired" body for running, need to find another Juggernaut body for shelf duty, though B)

Looks pretty good :wub: I would leave it 4 wheel steering to start. But, I am curious how the rear wheel steering lock out affects the overall turning radius, cant be good? But, I am sure it is more stable with just front wheel steering.

I need to get on the ball with my Juggernaut build. Hope to start chassis assembly this weekend, and maybe get some paint sprayed :)

EDIT - Looks like your body got damaged in the same spot mine was, right around the front cab screw holes :( I am going to use my current "repaired" body for running, need to find another Juggernaut body for shelf duty, though B)

Going with 4 wheel steer - stock silver cans and shelf duty so should be safe !

Body colour on - TS-23 Light Blue. Could use another coat if I can find a can in stock anywhere.

img7434_03072014213852_5.jpg

Still waiting for my bearings - 1 month later <_< .

Stripped down, truck in mint condition, do not think it was even run by the original owner.

img7434_25072014230553_3.jpg

Stripped down, replaced the bearings and built it "dry" as it's a shelfer.

Installed Xtreme Racing carbon fiber BTA steering both front and rear for full time 4 wheel steering. Aluminum 4 links replaced the plastic stockers.

Utilized the 3rd channel mixing on the Turnigy 3XS FHSS 2.4 GHZ radio. Great price and all the features you need - recommended - receiver is super compact as well.

img7434_25072014230553_5.jpg

Set back - screwing tailgate bracket on and screw came right through the tailgate. Had selected the wrong length screw while half paying attention to the build and Star Wars playing on the tv.

:(

New one ordered. For now, the hole is covered by a decal. Ordered a new front grill and bumper too as there were some minor wear marks.

LEDS hooked up in the roll bar and headlights with an Axial Simple LED kit.

Well, still to do:

• Paint black trim on front and rear bumpers, front grill (New ones in the mail)
  • Paint and add new tailgate (In the mail)
  • Attach mirrors (painted body colour)

Project "paused" until new bits arrive. Here is a sneak peak of how it will look (Body colour is actually a touch darker but shows lighter in photos):

img7434_27072014142207_1.jpg

Full LED treatment

img7434_27072014142207_2.jpg

Decals strategically placed to hide holes in gate from too long screws :o

img7434_27072014142207_3.jpg

Update when new parts finished and added to truck.

• Like 1