Grandmasterflash

Any Aussies In Qld Keen For A Bash?

I've searched on this forum for old threads re Aussie Tamiya racers/basher events and most seem to have been in Sydney or Melbourne.

Are there any guys in QLD keen to meet up @ some point in the near future for a bash?

Hi mate .

A couple of guys who posted in this thread http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50885 come from Brisbane and were talking about getting together for a bash (If my memory serves me right) .

I know how it can be not to have anyone to fang around with .

Gets kinda boring on your own .

Drop them a PM you never know they might be keen .

Hope that helps mate ;)

Take care.

Stuart

I would be keen to meet up for a bash.

I don't live far from the CBD so I can get to most places fairly easy but I don't know of anywhere that is particularly suitable for a bash (I usually go down to the local park).

It has been too long since I have run any of my cars (abut 5-6 months) so I would be keen to meet up if I can fit it in around my weird work schedule.

I would be keen to meet up for a bash.

I don't live far from the CBD so I can get to most places fairly easy but I don't know of anywhere that is particularly suitable for a bash (I usually go down to the local park).

It has been too long since I have run any of my cars (abut 5-6 months) so I would be keen to meet up if I can fit it in around my weird work schedule.

I'll do some searching for local TC members and try and PM a few like 'Swarm' suggested.... maybe we can arrange something. I'd prefer to race around on hard sand or dirt if possible. I don't mind travelling so keep an eye out for suitable locations if you get a chance.

hey there, i'm one of the guys mentioned in that thread. myself and a couple of mates go to a park at the end of fishermans road, maroochydore. it is used for sunday morning markets, any other time than that is good to go, its a public park. it has crusher dust laneways and small pebbles etc, between patches of grass. you can even make a "circuit" out of some sections! it doesnt really have any jumps, but there is plenty of area for power slides. we just run rally cars, stadium trucks, and my runner sand scorcher. send me a PM with your phone number if you're keen, we might even be going there possibly this weekend!

Glad to see you guys getting something together perhaps .

Should be loads of fun enjoy yourself guys ;)

Hey! That's my thread... I'm famous :D

I'm in Brisbane on the southside but have wheels and will travel.

Just waiting on the last of my WO parts to arrive from thew UK then I will be keen to run with anyone and everyone who wants to. I also now have a Frog and RC10 almost running.

There are some guys on RCTech who used to run vintage at Boondall. I am thinking to maybe re-energize that thread for a once a month vintage social.

Please post here and hopefully we can get something happening one weekend in September.

Cheers

Mark

OK Guys. Looks like Vintage Meets @ Boondal is back on again :P

Had a chat with security there and nitro trucks are banned so the track can be maintained so we don't destroy our cars.

The guys from rctech are keen to go starting tomorrow - Saturday 12 Sept from 11am. Unfornunately I am busy but will make the next one with more notice.

I will post times and details here for anyone that wants to come along.

OK... I have sent PMs to all that have posted here.

I had a run with some guys from RCTech on the weekend and had a great time. We are trying to arrange a regular social Saturday get together at 930am for a few hours.

Below is a map of the exact location:

boondall.jpg

There are photos of the track in the Australian Racing section on RCTech.

Don't be shy, if there are any others in South East Qld who want to catch up or have questions please post here. Even if you can't make Saturdays we may do other times that suit people better.

Cheers

Mark - ap6318

I have been out to Boondal before but I forgot that it even existed until I was reminded the other week.

I am working Saturday mornings for the next month but I finish at 12:30 so I will see if anyone is still around at about 1pm.

Right guys. This Saturday 24th Oct 930am at Boondall.

Bring along anything electric that you want to get dirty :P

I should actually make it this time.

I have been preparing some cars but I have been finding breakage sand cracks all over the place.

I should have some re-releases and maybe a Wildone and a Fox to run.

not sure if i will make it by 9:30 (big night planned friday) saturday but i'll try :P might bring a rally car and the scorcher. the blitzer beetle is kinda broken and needs money spent on it lol (shocks)

Finally our a day we are all free. How cool to have 2 Wild Ones running together!

Make sure to bring cameras!

not gonna make it sorry guys, didnt end up heading to brisbane. have a blast!

WOW! What a great day!! Good to meet up finally. For those of you who didn't make it see the photos below :unsure:

dsc0009le.jpg

dsc0022vn.jpg

dsc0063hg.jpg

dsc0060vj.jpg

dsc0065ap.jpg

dsc0073vb.jpg

It was a really good day.

I had a great time and not to much broken (Fox only made about two laps before the front shock mount broke).

Next time I will have the glitch in the Wild One worked out so that I can give it a proper run.

Looks like it was a great day out. I'll try and make it to the next bash if possible... leave at 5am I should get there in time :unsure:

I didn't know there was a track there at the entertainment centre. Little birdie tells me there is a lake there for electric rc boats as well, is that right?

Looks like it was a great day out. I'll try and make it to the next bash if possible... leave at 5am I should get there in time :)

I didn't know there was a track there at the entertainment centre. Little birdie tells me there is a lake there for electric rc boats as well, is that right?

There is a boat club that uses the Entertainment Centre, the Triple S Model Boat Club. The lake that they use is across the main loop road from the car track and is quite close by.

Hey guys

Boondall is on again Saturday the 7th Nov at 930am - weather permitting.

I've just finished restoring a Super Hornet to break.

TA-Mark - You should definately try and make the trip one Saturday. We are trying to do them every 2 weeks if you need to plan ahead. PM me if you need any info.

The boat guys seem very friendly - we use their frequency board so there are no clashes for us old schoolers using AM still :rolleyes:

Hope to see you all there.

Mark

TA-Mark - You should definately try and make the trip one Saturday. We are trying to do them every 2 weeks if you need to plan ahead. PM me if you need any info.

This weekend I have things on so sadly can't make the trip. I will keep the 21st Nov free and have my cars ready to go for that day.

Hope the weather plays ball for you guys tomorrow and yas all have a great day.

Cheers, Mark

This weekend I have things on so sadly can't make the trip. I will keep the 21st Nov free and have my cars ready to go for that day.

Hope the weather plays ball for you guys tomorrow and yas all have a great day.

Cheers, Mark

Looks like it hasn't :lol: Got a heap of rain this morning so doesn't look good. Anyone live close by to look at the track conditions?

Lets aim for a big turnout on the 21st.

Only a small gathering on Saturday due to bad weather on one side of the bridge. No pictures either sorry :o

Planning a run again this Saturday the 14th and then having a break for a few weeks.

Message me if you need any further info.

All welcome!

Cheers

Mark - ap6318