mr crispy

Shermans in the open!

My brother took some photos of his Heng Long and Mato Shermans at the weekend. They came out so well I thought I'd share them :)

456f98ccf97305aee7f7d016fd69dec7.jpg4ae8d853fcd73c952234e45a34a371e0.jpgcb079b643244c0fc376eac718a9cd397.jpg25f5e72876a1e6bdc417e1807090f072.jpg68ace2753fbe312ffde81c4e2be870fa.jpg

He's done a good job of detailing and repainting them.

• Like 4

pure magic , i simply cant take pictures of that quality, top job,

the heng long tanks look really nice , would love to read your thoughts on them ;)

Are the tank commanders crazy? Look carefully by the hedges, there is a Tiger with its 88 locked on and about to make molten metal out of you yankee steel. :P

The quality looks good.

Yeah I'll have to teach him some British tactics once I get my Firefly conversion done :) It's some way off though...

null_zpsb9d99f96.jpg

Heng Long tanks have come on a long way over the last 10 years. I bought a basic HL Tiger one back in 2004 when I sold my Tamiya full option T1 and wasn't that impressed. Well not with the sound and control as back then they didn't have any proportional control so it was full speed in whatever direction you pushed the stick. They use to put the machine gun flashing LED in the most random places, the StuG3's was in the drivers vision port! It's a shame as the plastic parts are pretty good, almost on a par with Tamiya. I suspect a lot of them have been mould from Tamiya parts as most can be refitted. You get annoying issues with tools moulded into the hull and they all come preassembled by some glue monkey that clearly was paid by the amount of glue he'd used per day!

But it seems HL actually take notice of what their customers want... I know, I'll wait until you get back up off the floor and compose yourself :) Lots of tankers had emailed HL to say please don't do this anymore and how about that... and they've actually taken it on board! Not bad for a kiddy toy company that's realised us adults like their stuff.

My latest HL purchase was their lovely Sherman (soon to be Firefly as seen above), it had hardly any excess glue, all the tools come as separate parts on sprues to be added by yourself and the machine gun LED is where it should be! Detail is as good as Tamiya parts, the ESC units are getting better with more options. The sound is still the same in every tank but you don't notice if you only have the one, besides the start up and idle noise still makes me smile.

You can get main gun flash upgrades, slower gearboxes, proportional smoke units, 2.4 ghz upgrades and all manner of detail parts for them and best if all, they're about 1/6-1/10th the cost of a Tamiya equivalent! And that's RTR.

They're suppose to be releasing a much anticipated Challenger 2 this year and following it up with an Abrams! Now why Mr T hasn't touched on those is anyone's guess, I can't see them taking too long to fly off the shelves.

• Like 1

They need some dirt/weathering otherwise very scenic.

just pulled the trigger on a German Tiger with metal gears tracks and sprockets :o:) ,

Oh eck! :D what have I started now!

What one did you go for Alfa? I've got a metal upgraded Tiger 1 that I'm in the process of configuring into a mid-late war tank, the sort of thing that would've seen in Normandy during the invasion.

A friendly helpful tank forum is below:

www.rctankwarfare.co.uk

• Like 1

Oh eck! :D what have I started now!

What one did you go for Alfa? I've got a metal upgraded Tiger 1 that I'm in the process of configuring into a mid-late war tank, the sort of thing that would've seen in Normandy during the invasion.

A friendly helpful tank forum is below:

www.rctankwarfare.co.uk

yip , its all your fault sir :) ,

i think its the early tiger but a few of the details are from the later tigers , air cleaners for instance , http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321010303762?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT , latest rx18 board , smoke , sound ,bb gun and a few metal upgrades , looks like a bargain , cant wait to terrorize the neighbours cat :ph34r:;)

Looks pretty good to me. The metal tracks give it a good scale weight and make it behave a lot more like a real tank. These HL are suppose to be able to handle 7.4v lipos but you'll need a low voltage buzzer as the ESC arnt set for them.

• Like 1

Looks pretty good to me. The metal tracks give it a good scale weight and make it behave a lot more like a real tank. These HL are suppose to be able to handle 7.4v lipos but you'll need a low voltage buzzer as the ESC arnt set for them.

was thinking the same , i have a couple of spare alarms kicking around , it would have been awesome if there was a spare couple servo port's on the control unit to run proper esc's but for the price i will be happy with the two speed .

have you tried fitting a better speaker at all ?

thankyou my friend , will get one ordered ,

, i swear i saw the neighbours cat giving me a dirty look this morning on my way to work , he's gonna get a fright when he meets the Tiger :)

yip , its all your fault sir  :) ,

i think its the early tiger but a few of the details are from the later tigers , air cleaners for instance , http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321010303762?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT    , latest rx18 board , smoke , sound ,bb gun and a few metal upgrades , looks like a bargain , cant wait to terrorize the neighbours cat  :ph34r:  ;)

He did it to me a while back mate when he sold me his Stug 3 (sorry Nic, couldn't resist)

That reminds me, can the Stug be converted to BB from infra red as I fancy shooting some stuff?

Posted Image

• Like 1

He did it to me a while back mate when he sold me his Stug 3 (sorry Nic, couldn't resist)

That reminds me, can the Stug be converted to BB from infra red as I fancy shooting some stuff?

f0ad43b51ac3c441eaeccb449a0054f5.jpg

:lol:

from what i have seen when looking at the masses of options you just get a new bb gun and swap em over ,

Oh Christ, they're ganging up on me now! :D

TBH I'm not sure if it's possible to swap out the IR for the BB mechanism. Once you get your Tiger you'll see it's quite I chunk inside the turret. I'll stick a post up on tankwarfare if you want, someone's bound to have done it.

An easy upgrade for more BB power would be to go over the seals around the BB barrel with silicone grease and put some tape over a vent hole that's usually drilled halfway down the inner barrel. HL do that to reduce the velocity and make the tanks more child friendly. For some proper cat worrying you'll probably want a bit more oomph :)

• Like 1

just been having a hunt for the stug bb gun , it would appear that they only do it with the ir system now , perhaps space is a bit tight in the stug? could you fit the jagdpanther gun ?? , worth a look as its a BIG gun and size does matter

:)

My brother took some photos of his Heng Long and Mato Shermans at the weekend. They came out so well I thought I'd share them :)

456f98ccf97305aee7f7d016fd69dec7.jpg4ae8d853fcd73c952234e45a34a371e0.jpgcb079b643244c0fc376eac718a9cd397.jpg25f5e72876a1e6bdc417e1807090f072.jpg68ace2753fbe312ffde81c4e2be870fa.jpg

He's done a good job of detailing and repainting them.

Two easy prey for german Tiger ;-)