i_am_scarecrow

Sussex meet 2017

***BETTER LATE THAN NEVER, UPDATED INFO A BIT FURTHER DOWN!!!***

Hey chaps, I have decided the southerners need some kind of meet soon so I have contacted the Adur Touring car club about maybe hiring their track for the day.

At the moment it is very much in the planning stage as I'd like to get an idea of numbers but the plan would be to run various classes like m chassis, touring cars and buggies and as the wheelie races at the northern meets seem so popular why not do that too? Maybe even a drift event aswell?

I think a kids race would be great for the younger fans.

There are actually two tracks at the venue, a large purpose built on road track-

BRCA8thRd3-1.jpg

And a smaller oval track-

1506889_10152079952141158_75135526342523x

There is also a bmx track I use for bashing but it's a little overgrown since this pic was taken.

As said it is very much in the early stages but the club Vice Chairman has contacted me so that's a start. There may be a small charge involved in hiring the track but that can be discussed at a later date with the club, this post is mainly to get an idea of who would be interested, what cars they would like to run and so on.

Personally I'd try to run one car in each class but obviously what you run is entirely down to you!

Anyway please comment if you are interested in taking part, spectators will also be most welcome.

All the best,

Shane

• Like 5

Hi Shane, all looks/sounds good, to me, having 2 areas to run, plus your suggestion of kids being able to run, should make it very appealing to many members. I just hope you get enough interest and get this off the ground. I'm DEFINITELY interested, please keep us all informed if a date is set, I'd make the effort to join you.

I know this is not the first time someone has suggested a more 'southern' location, so hopefully they'll be enough interest.

Just a suggestion - the oval track would be great for stock cars/Mardaves!!

• Like 2

Great stuff guys, I'll give the club a bell and see what they can do for us. I'm sure we'll get some more interest. If I get a confirmed date I'll put the details on Iconic RC's Facebook page too, plenty of Tamiya fans on there aswell.

Think I best get my mo3 built!

• Like 2

I guess it depends when the club can fit us in and also what kind of interest I can drum up. So far it looks good for something this year, maybe to test the water and then if it goes ok I'll look to organise something bigger for next year. :)

• Like 1

Hey chaps, apologies for not having jumped on this a little quicker, a new job has meant my spare time has suffered of late but I'm back on the case either with this track meet or a similar local meet, possibly off road?

What would you guys prefer? What cars do you run and what would you like to bring along?

All the best,

Shane

Personally I'd like Tarmac track time. I would be bringing 3 others too.

yeh agree - as its a tarmac track, would bring 'mostly' intend to use on-road, but of course always bring a few vintage off-road of course!. Its so easy to go to your local park and use a modern off-road buggy, but not so easy to use on-road F1, Le Mans style endurance, touring cars, road-rally stuff etc.

Hi,

I'd be interested in this. Very, very new to everything, at the moment just running a 2010 Holiday Buggy. I'm exploring local tracks/ clubs (live in Winchester) but I'm keen to explore some more and also meet others who share the same hobby.

My son William (6) is also enjoying racing the buggy so if he is able to run on the meet that'd be great, and also help me secure the vital "pass out" to come along.

Timing wise - I'm assuming this would be held on a weekend?

Doesn't time fly!!! 

Well almost three years on from my original post and I still haven't arranged anything at all!

In that time I've joined the club, raced a full season of TT-01's and am about to start my second season in a month or so. I've built countless cars and have more projects than I remember buying!

Things have progressed and permission has been given for me to organise a meet at the track for a day when no other racing is on. I'm thinking nothing too serious, no transponders etc.....just a day to drive any Tamiya you wish to bring along and possibly even a show and shine for those cars you can't bring yourself to get dirty!

If anybody is still up for this I'm aiming for a Saturday in May or June depending on the club calender.

Give me a shout if you fancy it or have any other ideas, should be a fun day if all goes well.

Shane

I'm interested in a practice day. We have done a few at Snetterton and WLRC on the this forum. I am sure you'll find the threads with a bit of googlings. jweston and smitchos arranged them.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2017 at 6:14 PM, i_am_scarecrow said:

Doesn't time fly!!! 

Well almost three years on from my original post and I still haven't arranged anything at all!

In that time I've joined the club, raced a full season of TT-01's and am about to start my second season in a month or so. I've built countless cars and have more projects than I remember buying!

Things have progressed and permission has been given for me to organise a meet at the track for a day when no other racing is on. I'm thinking nothing too serious, no transponders etc.....just a day to drive any Tamiya you wish to bring along and possibly even a show and shine for those cars you can't bring yourself to get dirty!

If anybody is still up for this I'm aiming for a Saturday in May or June depending on the club calender.

Give me a shout if you fancy it or have any other ideas, should be a fun day if all goes well.

Shane

Yep, interested - will send PM :) 

• Like 1

I'm just getting this organised now but in addition would any body be interested in racing in an M chassis class at the club? M03 and M05 chassis only and probably the M07 when it arrives.

I'm interested in coming along with my son.

Neo and Rising fighters respectively.

Just interested in having a spot of fun, nothing competitive as the cars are what they are and I don't really want to spend time and money going through any race scrutiny etc

Just have a bit of fun.

I'm also terrible at looking at all of the site as I go straight to "General Discussions", hence my late reply to this thread!

This little meeting will be all about fun!  Any Tamiya is welcome be they standard, modified, race car or monster truck! I might even bring my Rising Fighter along too, I've not driven that one for a while!

Any idea of a date yet? I best get on with get on with finishing an on road build!

I'm just waiting for the club to confirm which Saturdays the track will be free for, hopefully I should know for sure over the weekend.