tri_fin

Sand Scorcher front dampers

I am looking for a new set of front dampers for my Sand Scorcher.

I have a pair of Tamiya TRF Special Dampers F103GT on the rear and they are amazing. I'd like to get a pair of Tamiya's for the front. I am not interested in a stock look as I use this car all the time and just want some great dampers.

I thought the Tamiya Low Friction Aluminium damper 53155 would be good but they appear to be too short - 62mm. I believe 70mm is correct for the front of a SS?

There are so many Tamiya dampers out there... Any advice would be great!

Thanks.

After hours of looking I am not sure if there are any 70mm aluminium Tamiya dampers.

What would be the deal with using a slightly shorter damper?

For anyone looking...

The Tamiya TRF 54028 Buggy Aeration Dampers are 75mm and 90mm front & rear. They are 16mm diameter - which might make them too big for a SS - anyone tried?

Cant seem to find them in pairs - only the full set..

Hornet dampers are a straight bolt on fit but springs need to be a bit stronger and lower fixing needs swapping from the ball type. Also 3 racing used to do dampers for the gb01 series which again with stronger springs work very well.

• Like 1

Hornet dampers are a straight bolt on fit but springs need to be a bit stronger and lower fixing needs swapping from the ball type. Also 3 racing used to do dampers for the gb01 series which again with stronger springs work very well.

Thanks, I think my Wild One dampers are the same as the Hornet ones? They are ok and better than the original SS ones but those TRF Special dampers I have on the rear are so nice I was looking for something similar.

So far I have found these:

1. Tamiya 42102 TRF Special Hard black Damper 61mm
  2. Tamiya 42273 TRF Short Type Dampers 57mm
  3. Tamiya 54000 M Chassis Aluminium Damper 55mm
  4. Tamiya 53155 Low Friction Aluminium damper set 55mm or 62mm
  5. Tamiya 54028 TRF Buggy Aeration damper 75mm front - 90mm rear (16mm diameter springs)
  6. Tamiya 54504 Buggy Big Bore Damper Front - Aeration Type
  7. Tamiya 54505 Buggy Big Bore Damper Rear - Aeration Type

8. Tamiya 54341 RM-01 Aluminum Pitch Damper Set

9. Tamiya 53901 TRF Special Damper F103GT - 55mm (?) (16mm diameter)

The following are all spring shocks no damper (i believe):

There appear to be loads of GPM Racing dampers - here is what I have found from GPM at 70mm - I have no idea what the differences are!

1. GPM DT3070F/PBT Tamiya DT-03 Aluminum Front Adjustable Plastic Ball Top 70mm Damper

2. GPM M8373R

3. GPM MB370

4. GPM Tamiya VW TOUAREG CC-01 NYLON FRONT BALL TOP DAMPER (70MM) WITH WASHERS & SCREWS - 1PR SET - GPM CC070F
  5. GPM DT3070F
  6. GPM TT2B070F
  1. ARB Nitrocharger Sport Shock 'Old Man EMU' 70mm (55.5mm compressed) 10mm diameter
  2. RC4WD Ultimate Scale Shock 70mm (55.5mm compressed) 9mm diameter
  3. King Off-Road Scale Dual Spring Shocks 70mm (58mm compressed) 14.5mm diameter

** If there is no measurement it is because I can't find it. **

Edited by tri_fin

You could try RC4WD.

Plenty of 70mm options. I particularly love their Old Man Emu ones in 70mm which is a perfect fit. It is just a pity they don't do them in 60mm to match.

• Like 1