bromvw

New releases

58602 PAJERO RALLY SPORT (CC-01)
58605 R34 GT-R Z TUNE (TT-02D)
58608 SANDSHAKER (TT-02T)

Anyone have any images yet ?

I hope that Sandshaker TT02T is T for Truck ! Just purely out of interest.

no idea Tommo - just something i read on another forum .

Very excited about the CC-01 and TT-02T.

I'm a big fan of both chassis and can only hope that the TT-02T gives us some more tuning options.

Dorvack.

I'm a fan of the CC01 as well, but I already have two. I really need them to make a new XC chassis so I can be excited about purchasing the new release rather than thinking I'm being tricked into overpaying for a bodyshell.

• Like 2

i'd like to see a redesign of the cc-01 too with all its flaws ironed out . Better steering , live front axle with 4links and more suspension travel would be fantastic ,

Not too exciting news for me :(

I started my RC madness in 1986/1987, so I need some rere's from that era again. 959, Celica Gr. B, Monster Beetle, Bigwig, HS II, and well I even fancy a Striker a bit :)

• Like 5

^^^ AS Above , BUT i repeat BUT!! Without the striker :D <<< Not my cup of tea :P ..

• Like 1

Isnt it about time we got a CC-02?

I'm guessing if the TT-02T is a truck, it'll just have longer shocks, CC-01 tyres with the LandFreeder or Nissan Titan bodyshell on top :(

But hey, they might at least give it some new decals!

I'm guessing if the TT-02T is a truck, it'll just have longer shocks, CC-01 tyres with the LandFreeder or Nissan Titan bodyshell on top :(

I can't find it now, but wasn't there talk of the TB-01 coming back as a truck recently(ish)?

HA, i forgot Tamiya does put out new models other than the re releases. But so far nothing flaged my interest.Maybe 2015 will be a new chapter for Tamiya....fingers crossed.

I like the sound of the TT02T, might hit the spot for me... although it probably wont be out soon enough to satisfy :)

The TT02T kinda surprises me - it sounds like it will be something similar to the XV01T and TA02T, neither of which I thought had sold all that well. I suppose a new bodyshell would be too much to hope for?

TT02T does sound kind of interesting, in a bizarre sort of way - in that I'm not sure what the point is?

The TA02T has been around for donkeys, it's really tough, makes a great basher and IMO is a good, solid chassis for making scale trucks with independent suspension. Nobody really races them seriously but they make a good budget scaler as they'll take parts from other Tamiyas to improve suspension travel. TA01/02 parts can be combined to make various lengths too.

The XV01T is a more serious chassis but seems to be competing in a marketplace all to itself; the TA02T is its only real competition. It's vastly superior but also much more expensive. I don't see anyone racing 1:10 scale trophy trucks so it's really just a parts-bin special.

So what's the TT02T for? I guess it will never compete in stock trim with the XV01T. All I can assume here is that Tamiya are phasing out the TA02T chassis. It will be interesting to see if it's an improvement over the TA02T (long-travel shocks, adjustable wheelbase, lockable diffs) and remains as robust, or if it's just a TT02 with big wheels and longer body posts.

Watching with nervous excitement to see what shell they put out on this - given the name, I guess it won't be a licenced scale truck but probably another generic Landfreeder / Asterion style shell but I'll be happy if it's a faithful reproduction of one of the many independently-sprung and capable 4x4s that litter our trails today.

I don't see anyone racing 1:10 scale trophy trucks so it's really just a parts-bin special.

After the re-release of the TA02T Ford, Tamiya had a separate racing class for the TA02T's in Japan. I don't know if this class still exists, but if so, the XV01T and TT02T will most likely be allowed in this class too.

After the re-release of the TA02T Ford, Tamiya had a separate racing class for the TA02T's in Japan.

Shame we don't have one in Britain - unfortunately everybody over this way seems to take everything far too seriously and won't consider a race series unless it's Schumacher this and Associated that and you have to have a bunch of hop-ups to be competitive. I bet a bunch of TA02T trucks with limited hop-ups for reliability would be awesome on a 1:10 astro track.

• Like 1