commiedoor

marui big bear !

hey , i won a big bear on fleabay , just to keep my hunter , galaxy and galaxy/hunter hybrid company . it was half completed with only the chassis put together . by the looks it has been runaround a bit with out the shell as a few scuff marks and a missing rear mounting post pointed out !

maruibigbear.jpg

a good wash and a bit of painting and the old bear looks real nice ! ..i think any way .. :o

FOO014.jpg

FOO018.jpg

FOO017.jpg

• Like 1

They do look nice. As far as 1/12th monsters go, Tamiya did not even come close with the Pump/boxes.

I must get around to putting mine back together. I pulled it down about 7 years ago to clean and stuff and well.... lol.

Gotta do the same with mine, strip, clean, repair, photograph.

Got a big box of parts aswell, so will hopefully get at least 2 cars out of it, and then keep the best one, sell off the other one, and then sell all the parts aswell.

Just gotta get motivated :)

Oh, WOW!

That BIG BEAR sure looks SWEET!!!

Congrats on getting such a lovely piece of RC history. Love it! :)

I got to get around to mine too, i.e, getting one!

Would love one of these, when I was about 7 one of the kids up the road had one, and I was jealous!

This was before I saw anything Tamiya too, so it was huge compared to my toy grade remote-wired 190e lol.

Nice example!

Gotta do the same with mine, strip, clean, repair, photograph.

You ever got around doing that, mate?

I'd love to see more pictures of the legendary Datsun BIG BEAR! ;)

I've almost got the parts to bring mine back to life.

I just need the body mount for the front and a couple of tires.

Great looking Big Bear!

You ever got around doing that, mate?

I'd love to see more pictures of the legendary Datsun BIG BEAR! ;)

Not yet Erich, still sitting on its block next to my Lunchbox, Bigwig is currently on the workbench

i have a couple big bear parts NOS.. lmk what you need

Just text me what you have Matt. You know I'll most likely take them.

hmm - i have a chance to get a bunch of big bear parts, a couple chassis, etc and i wasn't sure i wanted to bother - but this looks really good. you guys with big bears, do you think it's something i should just jump on? basically it's a mixed RC parts lot that's local, and it has a monster beetle box and mixed parts (no chassis or body), two marui big bear chassis, wheels, parts, etc, and a decent looking RC10 with box. for $175 (picked up). heck let me post a couple pics. let me know your opinions. the only thing i was actually interested in was the MB box.

8562191819_21dfda0261_b.jpg

8562191797_0a6cbf5542_b.jpg

8562191773_ba295b2202_b.jpg

8563299040_9023d108b1.jpg

8563299122_e18ebe0f65_b.jpg

• Like 1

Beef, the big bear is a BLAST to drive. You'll love it. It's a simple truck, but it's just one of those RCs that's spot on. Marui got it right with the big bear.

DO IT!

Also, I'd help ya off set the cost of that lot if ya wanna sell me a set of Big Bear tires.... And a body mount. :)

hmm - i have a chance to get a bunch of big bear parts, a couple chassis, etc and i wasn't sure i wanted to bother - but this looks really good. you guys with big bears, do you think it's something i should just jump on? basically it's a mixed RC parts lot that's local, and it has a monster beetle box and mixed parts (no chassis or body), two marui big bear chassis, wheels, parts, etc, and a decent looking RC10 with box. for $175 (picked up). heck let me post a couple pics. let me know your opinions. the only thing i was actually interested in was the MB box.

8562191819_21dfda0261_b.jpg

8562191797_0a6cbf5542_b.jpg

8562191773_ba295b2202_b.jpg

8563299040_9023d108b1.jpg

8563299122_e18ebe0f65_b.jpg

Man that has got to be a good deal . At least one Big Bear chassis could be built from the two there , add in the RC 10 and part out the rest and you'll easy cover the $175 - might even make a few bucks profit .

Man that has got to be a good deal . At least one Big Bear chassis could be built from the two there , add in the RC 10 and part out the rest and you'll easy cover the $175 - might even make a few bucks profit.

Yes Ben, bromvw's idea is pretty good. If you only want the MB box and parts you can always sell the rest as parts and you might end up making over $200 and keep the box for yourself. Or you can even get some help from fellow TCers, too, which would round the deal a much better thing karma-wise, haha. :D;)

Man that has got to be a good deal . At least one Big Bear chassis could be built from the two there , add in the RC 10 and part out the rest and you'll easy cover the $175 - might even make a few bucks profit .

well, it may be a good deal. but man that would be a lot of parting out to do. i don't need an RC10 - though i'd take one - but it isn't something i actually _want_. so i sort of feel like the big bear is the lynch pin of it being worth my while for the time to go pick it up, th money, and the effort of sorting through it and resurrecting the big bear. i don't think that's the original body, so there would be additional investment before i'd have a gorgeous one like the one at the top of this thread.

well, it may be a good deal. but man that would be a lot of parting out to do. i don't need an RC10 - though i'd take one - but it isn't something i actually _want_. so i sort of feel like the big bear is the lynch pin of it being worth my while for the time to go pick it up, th money, and the effort of sorting through it and resurrecting the big bear. i don't think that's the original body, so there would be additional investment before i'd have a gorgeous one like the one at the top of this thread.

I see.

Anyway, if -unlike me- you have no problems with lexan, chances are you might be interested in this: http://www.ebay.com/...=item2322c65238

well i did see that, and i also saw the matching decals, but i'm not sure that would satisfy me. i'd want to fully restore it, since given its historic nature i'd probably consider it a shelfer rather than a runner. i have three lunchbox variants to run, so if i wanted to make a runner i'd probably pass on this and go for a clod runner - been meaning to try one. it's just one of those dilemmas, whether to grab it before it's gone.

for that money i would jump right in a lot of moneys worth there beefie and hours of fun in the restore of a few of them

• Like 1

Beef, you are under estimating the appeal of the Big Bear. It's one of the few trucks of the day that Tamiya couldn't capture the fun of. There are 3 chassis in there. I'd buy the Big Bear parts fom that lot if you don't want 'me, but want the other stuff. Besides, I'd bet you could scoop that lot, keep what you want and sell the ret off for a profit in a couple of auctions on eBay.

Man, I want those tires!!