It's probably been asked before but I am unable to find a simple answer; Do Clod Buster/Super Clod Buster tires fit on Juggernaut 2 wheels. My Jugg's tires have split and I don't relish the thought of spending a lot of money on the original tires. Hence my interest in Clod tires.

Thanks for any help.

Yes
They're pretty much the same wheel except for the drive pins on the back.
Pretty sure TXT uses 'Jugg' wheels and that's got Clod tyres

It's compatibility with these drive plates which makes the wheels Clod/Bullhead or TXT/Jugg
(Clod/Bullhead on left)
TXTClod.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent, thank you muchly. I will now feel confident when I buy new tires for my Juggy. Not right now as it's in the middle of a strip, clean and respray.

Thanks again.

Just wanted to point out that the Jugg2 and TXT-1 wheels look the same from the outside, but the TXT-1 wheel has larger lugs on the back, and the Jugg2 has the smaller 'Clod' sized drive lugs (Same as the clod/bullhead). Clod wheels are a direct replacement for the Jugg2 wheels, but the TXT-1 wheels won't fit the Jugg2 drive hubs. Tires are all intercompatible as twinset said.

• Like 2

I stand corrected - Always thought TXT and Jugg had the same pin size :unsure:

Just to throw another spanner in the works, I've also heard a couple people mention that Jugg1 and Jugg2 wheels are different too, would be cool if anyone could confirm and possibly explain the differences :)

After reading this thread I just took a wheel off my Clod, Txt-1 and Jugg2.

The stub axle is 5mm longer on the txt-2 and consequently has a wider drive plate to suit. The Jugg2 and Txt-1 wheels both have the same offset though, but the clod wheel is 5mm deeper than both the jugg2 and txt-1 wheel (neg offset in 1:1, +5mm in rc world).

The txt-1 has a 380mm track width, the clod 370mm, and the jugg2 a measly 350mm!

The jugg2 tyres have (apart from thier roundness) 10mm per tyre less width than the txt-1 and clod tyre.

I would also estimate the Jugg to have the highest COG with the upper plate and styrene shell so that isn't helping lol.

Food for though...

All pics L-R Txt-2, clod, Jugg2

20141028_182701_zpsttwgukov.jpg

20141028_181527_zpst71p0d93.jpg

20141028_181540_zpshmubxz9g.jpg

• Like 2

Yes Clod tyres will fit on Jugg 2 wheels BUT they will "bulge" as Jugg 1 and 2 wheels are narrower than Clod or TXT-1 wheels.

Tried to fit Jugg tyres onto Clod wheels and they looked ridiculous the side walls of the tyres were massively stretched.

"Bulge" being the opposite to stretched LOL. Clod, Jugg 1 & 2, TXT-1 wheels are all different from one another. None are inter changeable UNLESS you swap wheel axles/ plastic hub adapters.

Even Clod, Jugg 1 & 2 and TXT-1 wheel axles are different Juggs being the shortest and TXT-1's the longest.

Funnily enough though TXT-2 wheel axles are identical to TXT-1 wheel axles so if you are nuts enough to buy a TXT-2 (like me) you just need to get yourself a set of TXT-1 wheels and off you go with Clod tyre action yey. TXT-2 hub adapters are the same as TXT-1 hub adapters as well just different plastic compound.

Ok I will shut up now LOL :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Thanks for the input guys. I didn't think such a simple question would spark off such a conversation. It seems there are more to Clod/Jugg tires than meets the eye.

I don't mind a bit of a bulge on the tire. The Juggy tires are so round anyway, it does make for some unstable running. Slightly bulging Clod tires might make things more stable.

Thanks

Tony

Im going to wake this up again as this was the best info i could fine googling for Tires what will fit Agrios TXT-2.

So what i got out off this is that i must buy TXT-2 Tires if im not buying new Rims and the E3 part in the picture (found no name for it), which i will need to fit TXT-1 wheels?.

To make it simple for me, what must i buy to fit TXT-1 Tires?.

I can just find standard TXT-2 tires, is there alternatives that will fit the original Rims?

3B8872EA-8168-492B-9409-A6338B4A707B.jpeg

If you want to run TXT-1 wheels on the Agrios you can simply use the E3 adapters, no other changes necessary.  If you want to run Clod wheels you'll need to swap the stub axles to Clod units (That's what I did on my TXT-2).  If you want to run aftermarket wheels (JConcepts Tribute for example), just use the stock 12mm hex with no adapter.  

• Thanks 1

@87lc2 - Thank you very much, i have been looking all over for that info, it was very hard to find a straight answear :). Thank you very much again :)

TXT aliminium Rims - I almost ordred Alimimium Rims that should fit directly on 12mm hex on TXT-2 as you can also adjust how far Hex goes into the rim. But that **** Sense stopped me in the last second an told me that is the same cost as a tt-02 rally kit that you want, and you still need clodbuster Tires (first time i try to oppload imgur photo, seems im out off space to upload more pics):

https://imgur.com/a/hNbPSzf

edit: insert media from url did not work, probably do not support imgur

No problem, glad it was helpful.  I've never had a set of those Clod/TXT aluminum wheels, way too expensive and also way too heavy if you actually use the truck.  If you have a set of TXT-1 wheels that's a good way to go, but if not it's probably easier/cheaper to get a hold of some Clod wheels.  I prefer the JConcepts Tribute wheels, very scale looking and you get three different offset hub options so you can space them wherever you want.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 87lc2 said:

I prefer the JConcepts Tribute wheels, very scale looking and you get three different offset hub options so you can space them wherever you want

Sounds like my way to go as well, but i can only find Tyres and some colourful plastic rings to attach on tyre on Ebay, do you happen to know where i csn buy those?

Looks like they're having inventory issues (again).  They're even out of stock on the JConcepts website.  I could only find Black versions on Ebay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/JCO3377B-Tribute-Black-2-6-x-3-6-Monster-Truck-Wheel-w-Adaptors-2pc/174545796139?epid=2010838426&hash=item28a3bd7c2b:g:1LUAAOSwaDRfyqhe

I much prefer the white or grey, but I usually paint or dye them anyway.  Clod wheels are also good to use and they're cheap and usually available in chrome these days.  

My new favorite Clod wheel is the RC4WD Ignitor, it's a true beadlock in plastic.  I have a few sets and was looking for another, but seems they're out of stock at the moment as well - https://store.rc4wd.com/Ignitor-26-Monster-Truck-Racing-Beadlock-Wheels_p_7600.html

• Thanks 1

Sadly that Ebay seller do not send to Norway, but atleast i know much more regarding what i must look for to my TXT-2 Agrios (only have stock parts now). Thanka again!

@87lc2So i take if i have 4 of those i could buy any wheels for clodbuster (Sellers give very litle information on these products on EBay, frustrating)spacer.png

Oh sorry, didnt realize you were in Norway.  Those adapters will only fit the JConcepts Tribute wheel so dont bother with them, they won't help you.  

If you want to put stock Clod Buster wheels on a TXT-2, you just need the stub axles from a Clod (PN 9805230 > in Parts Bag 9400110) & stock Clod wheel adapters (B Parts Tree 0005294).  That's what I run on my Agrios.  

• Thanks 1

Was impossible  for me to find a good price, actually cheaper to buy the Alminium solution linked to earlier.

You find bag with Wheel adapter but it have only 2 adapters and lots of others stuff i do not need for 13 GBP + shipping + vat x 2. Stub Axel i found loose but again only 2 and high price. Found 3d printed Wheel adapters but im not a fan of 3d printed stuff.

Ebay Do not know if this wil fit TXT-2 (or if this also is 3d printed, probably is) but only complete solution i have found this far that ship to Norway. 
BsKc8cm.jpg
spacer.png

Too bad you can't find the parts reasonably.  I am not a fan of functional 3D parts either, but I have used similar adapters from CPE on my brushless TXT-1 and they were fine.  I used the stock width adapters which attach using the stock M4 lock nut - https://teamcpe.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=123_162&product_id=2241

The adapters in your photo are for a wider stance and look like theymount using a screw.  I would go with the original style, not a fan of attaching hubs to a truck that heave with a tiny M3 screw.

• Thanks 1

I have many M4 Lock Nuts (in Different colours even hehe).

But yeah, looks like 3d hubs and the stub Axels are the choice that are within reason to buy for a M. Truck you are going to use a lot.

Thanks again mate, had a very hard time figuring out exactly what i needed as these products are not very well explained, not even in webshops

No problem and I totally agree about things not being explained well.  You would think if someone is going through the trouble to produce and market a product they would be very clear about it's purpose and what's needed to properly use it.  When i first got my Agrios I went through a few different parts until I found the right combination that worked for me to mount the Clod wheels/tires.  I think once you start modifying it things become more clear and you'll understand exactly what you need to do and which part will work.

• Like 1