kontemax

Best online shop for Clod Buster optionals

It seem Clod Buster optionals are going out of production.

Probably better monster crawler trucks are arriving on the market. The Clod design is 25 years old so I can understand it but I like the vintage look of the Clod so would like to see if some of these optional spares are still available on the market.

So, where's the best place to buy these parts please?

On Ebay I didn't see too many auctions and RC4WD has no more Clod parts listed...

Max

TCS do a bit for the Clod still, search 'Clod' at the top left; http://www.tcscrawlers.com/

Thundertech Racing; http://www.thundertechracing.com/clodbust.htm

Junfac; http://www.junfac.co...=1&keyword=Clod

New Era; http://neweramodels....per-clodbuster/

Integy; http://www.integy.com/ - search 'Clod' top right

Alu B11; http://www.tamiyaclu...c=69520&hl=clod

And for a parts directory; http://www.clodparts.com/

Hi everybody, thank you for the infos.

My idea is make a pure monster truck (not crawler, just speed and jumps) with vintage look.

Clod and Bull Head are the best choice.

They should have 8 ammos directly on the axles, a tube chassis would be good, their look should be more scaler than a crawler.

Do you think that Clod is too old and over as a model?

Thanks

Max

[...] Do you think that Clod is too old and over as a model?

To me, nothing beats a good workin' all-stock Clod Buster truck!

I was a huge fan of monster truck racing back in the late 80's, therefore my "connection" with this particular model, but to respond your question, I guess it would be rather hard to explain what was a Monster truck to anybody 20-years old or younger. But for those of us who remember that Monster trucks were street-legal high-lifted pick-up trucks modified with military axles, the Clod Buster is nothing but eye-candy! ;)

New Era used to make a great tube chassis, they still crop up on eBay periodically;

eratuber.jpg

If you just wanted to reduce the articulation on a crawler, extend the chassis plates out towards the axles, that'll give you a mounting point for near-vertical shocks;

img169_21092005214708_6.jpg

cr002.jpg

cr003.jpg

You just need a way to mount the shocks to the axles then;

cr004.jpg

I know about the dampers and the articulation. I'll use the original damper configuration to obtain the 80ies scaler look.

A tuber chassis like that, in black or in red, will be a goal.

Max

I know about the dampers and the articulation. I'll use the original damper configuration to obtain the 80ies scaler look.

A tuber chassis like that, in black or in red, will be a goal.

Max

Two things to comment about your idea, Max. I see no need for special shocks for a model like the Clod because most of its weight is located in the axles themselves. Also, the original pogos are much bigger than the ones the real trucks used back in the day. I like them, but they're not scale. Anyway, I hope you start your project truck soon. Don't forget to share pictures of it! ;)

RC4WD carries "scale shocks" as well as the scale wheels...

there is a chassis like that on eBay US right now for $500... IF you want the scale look you need a TXT-1 w/ a standard shock conversion or Juggernaut 2

The Clod Buster body mounted on the stock chassis without the body posts and eight Bruiser shocks come to mind as the most scale mid 80's monster truck ever. ;)

This project is an embryo at the moment. The truck must be a runner also so it needs strong parts and decent ammos. Pogo stick ammos are terrible.

Yes the weight of the truck is located on axles and wheels but I can't watch that bouncing cab when the car run... ;)

Probably will go to RC4WD shocks.

500 $ for a tuber are really too much, I preffer to buy the pipes, the solder, the bender and build it by myself. Anyway at the end probably I will use the stock chassis with some modification to allows direct links to the axles.

Max

The Clod Buster body mounted on the stock chassis without the body posts and eight Bruiser shocks come to mind as the most scale mid 80's monster truck ever. ;)

What about springs?

What about springs?

Good question. Since modifying the stock Clod Buster chassis for leaf springs might be a little too complex, here's what I had in mind. Using these with Bruiser shock boots might work for both, looks and functionality.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4d0bc3ba1b

[by the way, please check your inbox, Chris]

Here's some inspiring pictures:

USA-1 Suspension config. as of 1987:

usa-1suspension1987_zpsb3682cf8.jpg?t=1366572440

Some people think Samson-1 Inspired the Clod Buster...

samson1_zps3ee3cb34.jpg?t=1366572372

..But because of the Chevrolet model and the wheel/tire combination I think the 1986 Bear Foot is what the Clod was modeled after:

bearfoot1987_zps1ce45644.jpg?t=1366572344

Wow these pictures are useful!

Did you note the rear bed of the Bear Foot? It's longer than Clod Buster one...

Do you think a longer wheelbase with a longer body is needed to have a scaler?

Max

Wow these pictures are useful!

Did you note the rear bed of the Bear Foot? It's longer than Clod Buster one...

Do you think a longer wheelbase with a longer body is needed to have a scaler?

Max

Not at all a problem! Have a look at this one:

019.jpg

And here's the Mad Dog II scale vehicle done with a stock Clod Buster chassis. Awesome, isn't it? ;)

HPIM3766.jpg

Love the color, but the Clod Buster is already too "lifted" to use those ESP bits. Real monster trucks had very little suspension travel.

Wow! Beautiful models!

But I was speaking about the rear bed length, not the crew cab length. ;)

LunghezzaClod_zps66c8f1d7.jpg

Probably I'll need two Clod Bodies...

Max

That's one awesome double Clod, TWINSET!

Max: unless you want to build an exact scale version of the 1987 Bear Foot you can still use the stock body.

I think Tamiya scaled down the 1986 Silverado C-10 version, not the C-30 that I believe Bear Foot was.

Here's a picture:

524385_633764503304517_951114295_n.jpg

Those Clodbusters are amazing . If you like the vintage look , Sassy made a metal chassis that pop up on ebay occasionally or the current Sassy style chassis on ebay are very nice . Just built this using mostly available parts , probaly not very scale but I wanted it look like the old school clod from the 80's and 90's . The orange one has a ccp chrome chassis and several Esp part's .

Clodbuster_zps6d50e9c1.jpg

Clod1-3.jpg

Wow! The black one has a church organ on the bonnet! Nice!

i really like the orange one also!

Max

Now that the Bruiser cabextension is not attached to the rear bed anymore and sells for cheap you can also try to make a scale Terminator. I tested it on the Clod and it fits. Here's a couple of pics.

031.jpg

021.jpg