Indetrucks

[Wanted] Vintage Wild Willy Axle Tube & Gear Case

So I'm trying to bring an old Willy's back to life and upon disassembly I found a couple broken bits on the rear end. I will describe them to the best of my ability.

1) One of sides of the gear housing has a hairline crack (transmission case)? Does anyone have a spare? The side needed is the longer of the two (can confirm when I get home).

2) One of the axle tubes that presses in to the transmission case (similar to the pic below) has broken off right at where the bearing is pressed on. Cannot remember which side (I think the longer one), can confrim later as well but maybe they are the same size?

DSC01662.jpg

I have been searching eBay but always seem to get beaten out on the bidding.

Anybody have these two bits or even one of them laying around?

If so, please message me price + shipping to Southern CA 90717 :)

Cheers!

Now thats a nice picture, we also have that nice orange tablecloth. :rolleyes:

both the ball end are the same, its just the aluminium axles that have a different length.

I still have my project in the drawer for making these part, just need to win the lotery and buy a cnc lathe <_<

alternative is only making the axle and press fit plastic balls

M38%2520rear%2520joint.png

Now thats a nice picture, we also have that nice orange tablecloth. :rolleyes:

both the ball end are the same, its just the aluminium axles that have a different length.

I still have my project in the drawer for making these part, just need to win the lotery and buy a cnc lathe <_<

alternative is only making the axle and press fit plastic balls

M38%2520rear%2520joint.png

Yep, I got the pics from this forum as I am at work and don't have my axles in front of me :)

I'm hoping someone here has a parts car and one of those axles still in tact they are willing to sell. That would be great!

Update, it's the smaller of the two tranny cases that has the hairline crack.

Does anyone have this half of the case and one pot metal axle tube as pictures above?

Also while I'm here, also need a windshield and metal side mounts for it :)

Spare tire and gas can anyone?

Yes sir!

Let me know what ya got and how much shipped to california 90717

Thanks

Found it, I'll send you a pm.

Also once I've finished my swb and lwb resto's I will have heaps of parts avail, wind shield brackets, wheelie springs, wheels & tires, probably 3 cars in parts.

I am aiming to have these finished as soon as possible as I'm trying to clean up a bit.

IMAG0942_zps20991fa3.jpg

Bump, still need just about everything here:

-Axle tube

-Aluminum Windshield Mounts

-Windshield Frame (with or without glass)

-Wheely Springs

-Wheely Spring Tube +screws

-One side of the transmission case (smaller/shorter of the two)

Bump..

I can't build this poor Willy's without that pot metal axle tube.

At this point it wont even roll without it :(

Anyone?

So I just bought a fixer upper as I mentioned and with any ebay purchase we take our chances, my list of I need parts just grew. To where I'm ready to offer you an excellent deal on everything you need to put your truck right. Let me know if your interested.

So I just bought a fixer upper as I mentioned and with any ebay purchase we take our chances, my list of I need parts just grew. To where I'm ready to offer you an excellent deal on everything you need to put your truck right. Let me know if your interested.

Sure, can ya shoot me an email with pictures of what's included?

emailchristian(at)gmail(dot)com

So, if I could produce X number of these parts what would the be worth to you? I'm a former machinist and reached out to an old colleague to potentially make 10 sets..... Let me know a dollar amount your comfortable with.