Sign in to follow this  
camy67

spektrum tx

Hi. I have a spektrum dx2, i cant get it to bind to a maverick rx. am i doing something wrong or is it true that it will only bind to spektrum rx?

I am not 100% sure about the compatibility Spektrum DX2 and the Maverick Receiver, (I don't know who makes the Maverick radios) BUT I do know that not all transmitters will bind with all brands of receivers..

Spektrum uses DSM technology, and will only bind with receivers of that type.. Spektrum systems are not forward compatable either.. This means that DSM transmitters like the DX2 will not bind with Spektrum DSM2 receivers..

I'm not sure about now, but a few years ago Losi was using rebadged Spektrum systems in their RTR vehicles..

The only non genuine receiver that that I'm aware of that will bind with the DSM2 Transmitters is the one from Orange RC..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__23784__OrangeRx_GR300_DSM2_compatible_3Ch_2_4Ghz_Ground_Receiver.html

Says on their site that the dx2 is dsm and dsm2 compatible. Will just need to get new rx. Will try the orange.thanks.

What site?? The Spektrum website?

Is the DX2 that you have one of the old silver JR lookalike type units, or the newer DX2E radio..??

The black DX2e is relatively recent and will happily bind with all Spektrum surface receivers using DSM, DSM2 and DSMR. If you have the V3 firmware it will even work with AVC.

However it won't bind with receivers from other manufacturers. Even Orange receivers have been reported as not working with it - apparently the new firmware can tell the difference between real and fake RXes. (Although Orange may have since released more convincing fakes - I don't know the latest developments on this front?)

Isn't it amazing what a difference one little letter can make when describing a product.. ;-)

XV Pilot, I did not know that about the new transmitters and the Orange Receivers.. Looks like I'll be keeping my DX3R then..