Sign in to follow this  
vrs55

different ales or vodkas

Hello guys I quite like trying different ales I have just gotten 2 bottles of cairngorm trade winds beer also like trying different vodkas from around the world one of my favorite vodkas is finlandia vodka any of you like trying different beers or vodkas and if so which one do you like or recommend

My wife bought be a case of this for Christmas, loved it;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/CHILI-Chili-Flavoured-Lager-Bottle/dp/B004EAJ0GW

Each bottle has a chili in it, some are a lot more potent than others, but I'd say 10 out of 12 were good n hot.

Obviously has a pretty weird taste, but not unpleasant if you're ok with chilies

Also tried some Iron Maiden Trooper beer - not a beer expert by any means, but it was a good drink

http://www.ironmaidenbeer.com/#

• Like 2

My wife bought be a case of this for Christmas, loved it;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CHILI-Chili-Flavoured-Lager-Bottle/dp/B004EAJ0GW

Each bottle has a chili in it, some are a lot more potent than others, but I'd say 10 out of 12 were good n hot.

Obviously has a pretty weird taste, but not unpleasant if you're ok with chilies

Also tried some Iron Maiden Trooper beer - not a beer expert by any means, but it was a good drink

http://www.ironmaidenbeer.com/#

nice I like the look of the Iron maiden trooper beer thats for the links B)

I used to be a big fan of smirnoff black label but now I wouldn't thank you for it. vodka gives me the worst hang overs in the world.

as for the beers try http://www.brewdog.com/beer some of their stuff is nice the stronger the % the less I enjoyed it. punk is the nicest I have tried.

but living in Scotland should you not be drinking whiskey?

Living in Scotland, you should be drinking Cairn o' mohr.

Not ale or vodka, I am not a wine drinker but do like Cairn o mohr.

• Like 1

I used to be a big fan of smirnoff black label but now I wouldn't thank you for it. vodka gives me the worst hang overs in the world.

as for the beers try http://www.brewdog.com/beer some of their stuff is nice the stronger the % the less I enjoyed it. punk is the nicest I have tried.

but living in Scotland should you not be drinking whiskey?

Hi yes just tasted the pale ale make of brewdog so far but heard good things about it lol not a fan of whisky have you tried any of the scandinavian vodkas like finlandia,absolut,koskenkorva, they are very nice with water no hangover as long as you don't drink to much of it :D

Living in Scotland, you should be drinking Cairn o' mohr.

Not ale or vodka, I am not a wine drinker but do like Cairn o mohr.

no not a fan of wine must be a good wine if your not a wine drinker but like it

It's fruit wine, there is an autumn oak leaf that is well worth a try.

probably be wasted on me only tried red wine a few time but not really be a fan of the wines I have tasted :D

No problem, I don't work for them or anything, just thought I'd offer an alternative. :D

lol I will keep the name of they wine for friends that like wine

Don't know where abouts you are, but they make it in Errol, and sell it locally, as far as Asda in Perth.

great thanks i'am in orkney just have tesco,lidl,co-op here

Ah now we come to my other hobby - Beer :D. I've being a member of CAMRA for over 15 years so obviously I love Real Ale . But i'll not become the Beer Bore on here :lol: . All I will say is that if you want a quality beer track down a micro brewery that makes traditional hand crafted ales . Some of the ones I've tried at Beer Festivals have being outstanding in recent years .

Oh and join CAMRA - real Ale NEEDS YOU .

• Like 1

Cairn o' mohr is nice as said most asda's sell it.

vrs55 you stay in Orkney and you don't like whiskey! i am surprised you haven't been thrown off the island.

• Like 2

Cairn o' mohr is nice as said most asda's sell it.

vrs55 you stay in Orkney and you don't like whiskey! i am surprised you haven't been thrown off the island.

Lol do you like whiskey

Vrs55 does a bear releave itself in the woods?

at the moment i am getting stuck in about a bottle of Jim Beam honey, that's my favourite at the moment.

Scottish whiskey is just as nice. Don't bother with the western isles, to peaty.

Vrs55 does a bear releave itself in the woods?

at the moment i am getting stuck in about a bottle of Jim Beam honey, that's my favourite at the moment.

Scottish whiskey is just as nice. Don't bother with the western isles, to peaty.

where about are in scotland are you from

Kilmarnock, not the scheme!

Seems to be a few members from Scotland on here

Yeah, but spread well apart. Are you the furthest north?

what do you run? And do you get much chance between the wind and rain to run them?

• Like 1

Yeah, but spread well apart. Are you the furthest north?

what do you run? And do you get much chance between the wind and rain to run them?

No Shetland is the furthest north I just got into the hobby last august I have a Durga which I just fitted a etronix photon 12t brushless into also have a hotshot with a tamiya tz motor and in the middle of building a tt02 lancia delta which I am going to be putting a etronix 12t brushless in aswell lol your right about the wind and rain

I meant are you the furthest north member, my sister stays in scalloway Shetland.

the durga looks good fun. I prefer the vintage tamiya's

I meant are you the furthest north member, my sister stays in scalloway Shetland.

the durga looks good fun. I prefer the vintage tamiya's

Oh lol sorry what models do you have?

Have you tried the polish vodka with buffalo grass in it ? . Really smooth and unusual . Like all vodka its best to keep it in the deep freeze .