Enjoy painting warhammer from time to time but haven't do much for a while so ended up buying an army painter mega paint set and also the dark vengeance box set you get 48 models in it so will keeping busy painting for a while lol do any of you guys play or collect and paint I just paint no idea how to play lol

I use to play a lot of the GW games in my teens. Started 40K back in the Rogue Trader days. Found I loved building Orks as it allows you a lot of freedom to scratch build your own stuff.

Gave it up in my twenties when it started getting crazy expensive and the plastic kits weren't that good, but a few years ago I was in Hobbycraft looking at the starter set Assault on Black Rock and thought the plastic figures looked great so I bought it. Began building up an Ork army mostly for the modelling but I've tried to make sure it could work with in the rules should I ever get around to playing again. I didn't start painting them as I was alway in two minds about which clans to go for or even make up my own? Anyway here's some of my conversions and builds.

AoBR warboss

16093526-B452-4EF2-B43E-7BD81B59D2F8_zps

A05388EF-EB74-47C2-8A15-D5F8B921D373_zps

Big Mek with force field generator.

1B131688-410E-4C8B-9100-62F467F6EE49_zps

69BCE487-28BB-4711-9FDB-C66F5F1E4E1F_zps

Beginnings of a biker gang

17CA4F7E-00A3-4A71-8B63-7AE39D8C9945_zps

Loved the AoBR deffcoptas but thought the rotors needed beefing up Huey style :)

BAF65E01-7064-41BA-8332-1AE47807200F_zps

The GW war buggies have always looked pants so I built this mostly from a trukk kit do it's easy to replicate

9F6672A5-90B2-4402-A13A-6B0D3A44C27D_zps

F0D354F3-441C-481F-BA97-A0C622BE06C7_zps

Got a couple of deff dredds with magnetic arms to allow different weapon combos and show damage

5CA78ABC-93E2-46CC-B755-1151DBCD98EA_zps

2D7EBF9E-8B96-4974-AC99-317576260E03_zps

And some killa kans also with magnetic arms

619A93E9-5EBD-4FB8-933A-FCFD1BC28630_zps

Those 3 remind me of the robots from the film Silent Running :)

Speaking of walkers I had to get my own take on a Stompa

0906231C-370E-4242-806A-EAAF51CFEBD1_zps

0F0AB35F-CA11-4181-8DC0-D76C6AAB3239_zps

21A991A6-9DE4-4C44-AF6A-4689505403B3_zps

Battle wagon with magnetic turrets

59C71F2B-CCB5-437B-8A61-F2B26E4494BD_zps

And this guy was going to be a gyro stabilised mono wheeled Mek Dredd

80B39650-4656-4099-8AF8-210BF5AD8ADE_zps

And then a few looted vehicles. Here's the Demolisha

E2EDFF42-E552-4FDA-A641-B80A8BDB3807_zps

56343AEA-0F4F-47EE-9099-B6C40142098E_zps

And Piranha

F9E83E02-7D73-46B2-BDD9-882D9BF1C21B_zps

And a fun little stormboy grot

194062D7-407A-4267-8013-AD9F5C1C3E1D_zps

I dip into it every now and then when I feel like it. I suppose one day I'd better start painting the things... let's hope my figure painting skills haven't completely deserted me over the last 20 odd years :)

• Like 2

Wow very very nice I really like the biker gang and the tank looks great what paints do you use I have used citadel but saw the army painter mega set and thought it would be good value for money

I used citadel back in the day and thought they were the best for brush painting, their metallics are still top notch. Need to replace a lot of mine as they've dried out and died. Ink and oil washes are a good, easy easy to bring out the details and work well with a bit of dry brushing.

I used to be into 40k as well, I had loads of imperial guards and orks. as well as all the paints and washes all sadly gone now.

I had a imperial guard battle tank, that was the last of the collection. I stupidly looked them up on eBay and they were going for good money. up the loft I went to find mines, it was in really good condition when it went up.

some 2 hours later and every box in the loft checked and I must have thrown it out :(.

I bought my son literally thousands of dollars of that stuff. So many tanks and different army's. He's 18 now and has outgrown it. I've been telling him to sell that stuff on eBay and get some money out of it for stuff he likes to do now.

I literally chucked most of my old collection in the bin having held on on to it for years... about 6 months later I discovered eBay... DOH!

I've been collecting bits to make a small Catachan Imperial Guard force. I like the idea of giving them a Vietnam War look with a few world helicopters and vehicle. Found these great heads and weapons for a Veteran squad

2E32C50D-A10B-4714-8223-E3BF385FD3E0_zps

I've also got a 1/48 scale Russian Hind Helicopter gun ship and a US CH53. Saying that I was playing around with some Imperial vehicle parts and found if you flip some Chimera tracks over, stretch them a bit and add a Rhino roof, you get an APC that looks like a slightly smaller old skool Land Raider

93A9544B-F0F6-45F1-9579-82BE6B16EB1D_zps

• Like 1

Is this warhammer like 21st century chest? I can see it will take many hrs. to paint just one figure and the collecting never ends. A complete set or series all painted must worth a lot. These are real little gems.

Is this warhammer like 21st century chest? I can see it will take many hrs. to paint just one figure and the collecting never ends. A complete set or series all painted must worth a lot. These are real little gems.

I don't play just paint heres the boxset I have just bought

Wow, that should keep you going for a while! Nice :)

Yes lol although I don't play I thought the dark vengeance box set was a bargain as you get 48 minitures also though the paint set was quite a good deal

What are the miniatures like?

Think my love of Orks is pretty obvious, so I've gotta get this guy for the RC fun factor

http://bit.ly/1m7kC6p

You get dark angels and chaos space marines in the set

I used to be the Manager of The Aberdeen Games Workshop.. was there for over 2 years, had a lot of fun. I actually won a golden demon award for speed painting once.

I'll admit to not been involved in table top gaming much since but after seeing this post I went looking for the only shop in Malta that sells the stuff, luckily it's like 10 mins walk from where I live (win).

So I thought 'excellent something I can do when it's raining that's cheaper than RC' wow was I wrong, omg the prices these day's. Holy white metal batman... 21 euro's for a single 'named' miniature.. good god haha.

Anyway.. I got myself some paints, brushes, Undercoat and a Wolf Pack tactical squad... 110 Euro's .. sheesh. I'm really looking forward to painting them up though :) and a couple guys at work have small 40k armies.

Next I'm gonna get a terminator Squad and a Dreadnaught .. another 66 euros. I guess I'll need to wait for next month to order the Wild Willy I wanted for September :D

I'll post again once I've got some painted but here are half of them glued up :) The quality of the plastics these days are excellent.

WolfPack_01.jpg

K

• Like 1

I got all my dark angels put together yesterday and started to paint 4 of them will put pics up when I finish them what was it like being a manger at a games workshop shop

It waz fun vrs55.. pay was ******* mind you lol. But painting up minitures and runing a few games every day is not that demanding. Granted stock take was a nightmare... and we worked long hours what with games night twice a week till 10pm. Still it kinda gave me my break into the computer games industry which ive been in ever since, good times :-)

Man my eye sight has dropped a bit in the 20 years uts been since i painted figures... resorted to using drybrushing, will show soon :-)

K

Could you recommend any books that I could read the background story of 40k I really enjoy painting and would like to read up on the story no idea how to play lol as don't have anyone to play only went for the box set as thought it was a good price for all the models the came with it looking toward to seeing your models you will make my painting look rubbish lol

There are dozens of novels... but for the real background the rules are actually the best source or the individual codex's and army lists..

I challenged myself a little with these speed painting wise... ended up about 25 mins per figure. I'll dress them up and detail the faces etc once I get a magnifying glass so I can actually see them LOL

IMG_0350.JPG

• Like 2

There are dozens of novels... but for the real background the rules are actually the best source or the individual codex's and army lists..

I challenged myself a little with these speed painting wise... ended up about 25 mins per figure. I'll dress them up and detail the faces etc once I get a magnifying glass so I can actually see them LOL

IMG_0350.JPG

Ok great thank you I got a mini rule book in the box set but haven't had a look at it yet wow 25mins a model is quick lol I will get a photo up of some of my dark angels when I get them finished

heres my dark angels must still do bases sorry not very good pics

004_zps93aecfcb.jpg

006_zps131d8d6d.jpg

• Like 2

And now.. Just an HQ unit required... TERMINATORS!!

WolvesRock.jpg

WolvesRock02.jpg

Got some details to do.. but I'm quite happy with em :)

K

• Like 2

I have heaps of 40k minis, but dare I say, I've never played a game lol. I did just receive this. I was upset that I never got the 3rd edition reprint in '09, so happy to have the 4th edition. Should I paint up the minis, I'll post some pics here.

20140923_095544_zps9lgqyc1g.jpg

20140923_095558_zpsrj3zfhti.jpg

• Like 2