Sign in to follow this  
vtgrrrs

1/10 buggy 2wd racing rules?

Hi, I'm thinking about taking the leap from bashing to racing. What I'm wondering is are there any regulations as to what motor you can use, tyres etc? Are there different categories for racing such as brushless, non-brushless?

If anyone could point me in the right direction or give the answers it would be great. I'm uk based. Thanks.

• Like 1

NEAM (North East Amateur Motorsport) meets at Seaham Youth centre, Sunday evenings from 6 - 10pm

Tynemet meet in Newcastle on a Monday evening

Teeside meet Wednesday & Saturday evenings

Benfield RC club meets Friday evenings 6-10pm at Benfield sports centre, Newcastle

York meet at Huntingdon School, York on a Saturday evening.

All race 1/10 off road 2 & 4WD - for more info check out the club section on Oople.

Get yourself along to one of the clubs and talk to the members, who will tell you all you need to know. I will be at Seaham on Sunday with my son.

We started racing in 2013 with a Desert Gator and a brushed 540 silver can. On 7th Feb my son is racing in the British Winter Championships at Worksop, with a brushless C4.2; it's addictive! You won't look back.

That's great, thank you. Trying to find info for Google was difficult. How did you get on with the Desert Gator? I guess that there are different categories for brushed and non-bushed races?

That's great, thank you. Trying to find info for Google was difficult. How did you get on with the Desert Gator? I guess that there are different categories for brushed and non-bushed races?

The Gator was fine to start with but we soon progressed to a 2nd hand B4 as skills developed etc.

Generally no brushed, it's all brushless although I believe York run a brushed class. That's not to say you can't race brushed with brushless. To be honest the rules at club level are not overly tight, it's more about joining in and having fun etc.

Like I say, pop down to one of the clubs for a chat; all will become clear :-)