breck

Super Shot Re Release

COOL! That's the best bit or re-re news so far as far as I'm concerned. It also puts to rest once and for all the whole two re-releases per chassis argument some poeple here were convinced existed at Tamiya.

COOL! That's the best bit or re-re news so far as far as I'm concerned. It also puts to rest once and for all the whole two re-releases per chassis argument some poeple here were convinced existed at Tamiya.

Er, that is the second release on the hotshot chassis, so doesn't that confirm rather than deny the 2 chassis argument B)

And yes, the best re-re in a long time (Since the boomer)

Er, that is the second release on the hotshot chassis, so doesn't that confirm rather than deny the 2 chassis argument B)

And yes, the best re-re in a long time (Since the boomer)

3rd release on the Hotshot chassis, you just mentioned the Boomer.

[sarcasm]

Assuming of course it's released on the HotShot chassis and not a TT01.

[/sarcasm]

[sarcasm]

Assuming of course it's released on the HotShot chassis and not a TT01.

[/sarcasm]

B)

Just a question... Does everyone think that picture on the Blog is the actual re-release or the original?

I don't count the boomer, it has the same gearboxes as the hotshot, but the chassis is different.

Just a question... Does everyone think that picture on the Blog is the actual re-release or the original?

It's the original, the photo is from one of the old RC guide books from the eighties, I remember drooling over it back then. (not literally of course B) )

It's the original, the photo is from one of the old RC guide books from the eighties, I remember drooling over it back then. (not literally of course :o )

I thought it looked a little to good. B)

Mobias, people said it because up until the news of this was released, it was fact my friend.

It was a fact but I always said it was part of a pattern that had emerged and not part of some sort of golden rule laid down by Tamiya at the start of the re-re's. Some people here were very certain the Supershot, Bigwig etc would never be re-re'd because there was this golden rule put in place. I've no idea why that rule would ever have existed. As you say Tamiya will just do as they please and release whatever it is they think they'll sell.

I don't count the boomer, it has the same gearboxes as the hotshot, but the chassis is different.

Ok but its based on a simlar design like the Bigwig etc. People group them together.

It was a fact but I always said it was part of a pattern that had emerged and not part of some sort of golden rule laid down by Tamiya at the start of the re-re's. Some people here were very certain the Supershot, Bigwig etc would never be re-re'd because there was this golden rule put in place. I've no idea why that rule would ever have existed. As you say Tamiya will just do as they please and release whatever it is they think they'll sell.

It was never a golden rule as such but all the evidence is there to suggest that it was a strategy that they were following for 6 years. Just because they have upped the ante over the last 12 months and started to bring everything back and create new cars on an old chassis does not mean that the pattern from the earlier years should be discounted. It is a fact that between 2004 and 2010 they re-released one car every 12 to 18 months and then followed it up with a sibling within the following 6 months.

I thought it looked a little to good. B)

The re-release will still look identical at 1st glance though, until you go hunting for the fine details.

And you know this how????

I'd assume it's as close to the original as the Hostshot Re-re was. But we can only speculate until it shows itself.

And you know this how????

Based on the fact that the Hotshot re-re is also identical to the original at 1st glance.

Disclaimer : Yes, I realise that us fanatics are very good at spotting small differences. I'm talking about those who aren't particularly familiar with these cars.

It'll be interesting to see what Tamiya are going to price it at. Obviously more than the Hotshot but hopefully considerably less than the Avante. £250-£275?

It'll be interesting to see what Tamiya are going to price it at. Obviously more than the Hotshot but hopefully considerably less than the Avante. £250-£275?

Stella have been able to offer most of the re-releases at ~55 to 60% of the RRP so I think it will cost around the $250 mark from them, which means roughly £200 delivered to your door in the UK if you manage to avoid import duty.

Just having a quick look around the net and it's frightening how much the Hotshot now costs in the UK. Based on that car's current price I think those wishing to purchase a Supershot within the UK are going to have to shell out nearly £300. :o

Just having a quick look around the net and it's frightening how much the Hotshot now costs in the UK.

I remember paying £110 for my re-re Hotshot in late 2007. Oh how times have changed.

I remember paying £110 for my re-re Hotshot in late 2007. Oh how times have changed.

Me too, and I can remember paying £106 for one in 1986, so the 2007 model felt like a real bargain.

Yep, I think I actually paid even less than that for mine. This was when the dollar/gbp ratio was 2:1 though. Those were the days. Sigh.