Yeah they work.

Full ball bearings is good, oil shocks can help.

Hiya,

Beside those bits is there anything I should know about them? Also looking at the condition in the pics what would be a fair price?

Suxtyfiffe squid? Dunno what resale prices are like on TGS, yeah it's not too bad if it's worth that to you.

Used nitro cars may have worn (ie abused more than wornout) engine or various impact damage but that's for you the buyer to assess... worth the $$ fixing/renewing vs buying new?

Yeah that's a fair comment, I've not been in the RC scene for a while so not sure what's good or not.

TGS is the basic nitro chassis based on the TT02 generation, they're utilitarian and designed for simple ruggedness over speed/performance.

Previously the TG10 was based on TB01 electric cousin.

Like all Xpert Build sets, at least there's no nooby-built errors to look forward to when buying used... just the usual abuse from running with bad tune or running without filters or neglect from no afterrun procedures or being put away wet, etc etc

Cheers for you replys mate they aere very helpful. As to tamiya nitro cars, I used to have a HPI RS4 3 evo and loved it. Is there a tamiya equalivent to it?

Cheers for you replys mate they aere very helpful. As to tamiya nitro cars, I used to have a HPI RS4 3 evo and loved it. Is there a tamiya equalivent to it?

thankfully no! :P

HPI had a decently competitive (for tis time) chassis with the NRS4 #1 then #2; way better & it'll run rings around TG10s.

Later NRS4 3 was a more 'consumer' type design and less hardcore performer, then they did Drift etc versions. HPI kinda lost interest after that... might still be able to buy a NSR4 3 brandnew in some places?

They also shared similarity with the "Super" size, like Super RS4 vs TGR.

Tamiya had some tarted up sets like TG10R but they weren't anywhere competitive designs for serious racing.

At least today its not too hard to buy spareparts for Tamiya vs vintage HPI. :(