MAD RACER

My Love for vintage motors & brushed

Found this pic of my motors.

I have a soft spot for Kyosho Le Mans motors as I raced most of the Le Mans motors back in the 80's in my quest for speed & run time against the mighty PB Mini Mustangs in 4wd mod. I love all brushed motors& raced with mostly Trinity & Orion before brushless came out. I do some Dyno work now & again with the Tekin Dyno.. Am I sick or not LOL.

MotorCollection.jpg

lemansmotors.jpg

MotorDynoETC.jpg

• Like 7

no you are not sick , truth is ,without guys like you around all us guys that dont have much of a clue would be left clueless :D

nice collection , all in working order?

• Like 2

Love the Le Man's motors as well . I had the 480 gold .

I have tracked down a few & ONE NIB .

Not to sure why , But i have been collecting motors NIB or used .

So NO your not nuts :P .

I just can't get over how great looking the Le Mans look .

You have a fantastic collection .

• Like 1

The peak vantage motors with thier 'dalek' end bells were one of the last of the best with the brushes angled in a 'V' for great power.

Only really supast by the fantastic checkpoint modified motors. I still have my 10double.

The vantage and checkpoint motors needed far less maintenance than conventional stand up or lay down square/rectangular brushed motors.

even so some people still felt the need to destroy them with over skimming !

A comm stick, some carburetor cleaner and knowing what you are doing when stripping them down and cleaning them always made them last a lot longer than skimming the comm everytime.

• Like 1

A great collection Mad Racer, those Le Mans motors are like pieces of jewellery to us fellas!

I'm collecting too, have 3x NIB Le Mans and 6 or 7 nice ones. Also like the vintage standard motors, like MG (you guys down under probably haven't heard of those), but back in the day, some of the standard 27t motors could keep up with some of the modifies.

Those AYK Magnums look good too don't they.

Nick

• Like 1

i just put a lemans 240s in my fox runner - super fast and looks great with the hot trick rear suspension arms!

i had to work around some tatty old connections and add longer connector wires, so the soldering job was a little ... gloppy. but i wanted to make sure it wasn't going to shake loose.

8524236553_2a5f83d300_b.jpg

• Like 3

No you are not mad, Glad to see someone else still does work on brushed motors.

I have a fair old collection of brushed motors too, will get some pics up in the week(the photos are on my workshop PC)

I also rebuild brushed motor`s for some members of the scale and crawler society in the UK. Have also rebuilt a Tamiya Technigold last year for a member on here. Although I had to reuse the brushes as they are like rocking horse brains.

I have those brushes NIP..... Am I rich ?

A great collection Mad Racer, those Le Mans motors are like pieces of jewellery to us fellas!

I'm collecting too, have 3x NIB Le Mans and 6 or 7 nice ones. Also like the vintage standard motors, like MG (you guys down under probably haven't heard of those), but back in the day, some of the standard 27t motors could keep up with some of the modifies.

Those AYK Magnums look good too don't they.

Nick

Thanks Guys.

Yeah they are all in working order. Some are new others near new & some garbage Le Mans but as long as the label is good I will try to get it. Problem is a lot of Le Mans motors are from the States & won't post to me. I only buy one now & again if my wallet lets me. Over time it all builds up. Yes the AYK motors looked great too.

Yes I herd of MG and I think you could order custom winds from the dealer in Melbourne here in OZ. Problem is i never new much about winds.We just bolted the motor in & geared it to get run time.

One other motor I had that was a B'Day present from my great Aunt in the U.K was a modified DEMON . Now that was a great motor. :) :) :) :)

I am a brushed motor fanatic too. Glad to see others like me.

IMG_1723.jpg

• Like 4

Found this pic of my motors.

I have a soft spot for Kyosho Le Mans motors as I raced most of the Le Mans motors back in the 80's in my quest for speed & run time against the mighty PB Mini Mustangs in 4wd mod. I love all brushed motors& raced with mostly Trinity & Orion before brushless came out. I do some Dyno work now & again with the Tekin Dyno.. Am I sick or not LOL.

lemansmotors.jpg

Nice collection.

I too prefer the brushed motor and are much cheaper now. The brushless is just too clean and modern for my vantage standard.

Noticed Tamiya is the only motor that is sticking its rod out.

This is another area of RC where we can go nuts. :D

• Like 1

I still remember the ads in the mags for the 'Pretty Puny Sissy Little Wimpy Motors' what a classic they were!

Anyone know what this is? It from an Ultima that was raced before my dad bought it about 20 years ago. I cannot find ANY information on it. It says Trinity on the plastic.

20150228_142911_zps1gomxtk2.jpg

i just put a lemans 240s in my fox runner - super fast and looks great with the hot trick rear suspension arms!i had to work around some tatty old connections and add longer connector wires, so the soldering job was a little ... gloppy. but i wanted to make sure it wasn't going to shake loose.8524236553_2a5f83d300_b.jpg

My brother used to run a me mans 240st in his fox bitd. For a stock motor it used to go pretty well.

Got 3 nodded lrps here 2 work really well the other has masses of float and is really hit and miss

Brushed motors have so much more character and that is why is resisted brushless motor dispite i hear all their advantages. One more reason staying with brush is they are cheaper.

• Like 1

Sick?? My wife would have me locked up in a heart beat. Love your motors, and the great part, there is not one of those motors that cares:-

how many motors you have,

how much time or $ you spend on any of them,

how dirty they are,

how often you run them,

how hard you run them,

…………………………..

sweet collection, I love the graphics on many of the old motors really cool and nostalgic, but then I run a retro toy shop selling old toys and the like so I would