Nobbi1977

Nice servo needed

We get a few threads wanting cheap as chips servos and I run them in my basher buggies and trucks but I am going to start my CC-01 and want something with a bit more fine control.

I do not have money to burn but something that could come in about £20 posted should be doable.

Any suggestions and links welcomed

Alturn every time. You can get a very nice metal geared high-torque servo for £18:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-usa-high-performance-race-servo-high-torque-/rc-car-products/359784

Looks like a good option. Need to count the pennies now, a few things ending this weekend on eBay, if I do not win them I can start the Unimog :-)

I'm trying out a tower pro mg high torque from eBay. I usually buy Carson standard servos but this was a whole pound more @£5 delivered i went for it. My boys hyper h2 has no servo saver it strips plastic gears so it needs something better.

I'm trying out a tower pro mg high torque from eBay. I usually buy Carson standard servos but this was a whole pound more @£5 delivered i went for it. My boys hyper h2 has no servo saver it strips plastic gears so it needs something better.

I have the tower pro ones for my bashers, they are good but a bit slow and imprecise for a slow speed crawler I think.

Another vote for the Alturn here. Given your needs and pricepoint, it should do the trick nicely. I haven't had any issues with my Alturn servos.

• Like 1

Great. About to order but thought about pinion.

There site is terrible to navigate, any idea what steel pinion I need? I am going to start out running an 80t motor I have in the box

I have had excellent service from the mod .6 16t RW Racing steel pinion I have been running in mine for the last few years.

I can recommend Savöx metal geared servos, even though they might not fit within your budget. I think a waterproof servo could be useful for your CC-01?