ChrisRx718

Display Stands

With the recent advent of being allowed to display some of my models on some new shelving I'm wondering about how best to display the cars.

Do you just sit them on their wheels at a jaunty-angle? Or do you put them on some form of plinth? Wheels raised or sat on the wheels?

Most of my flat-bottomed road cars could probably be put on an acrylic display stand like you get in shop POS displays, but the buggies / CC01s are less straightforward.

I also used to have shelving at home and noticed that some of my shock absorbers (usually the GPM stuff or the plastic CVAs) would leak - is that because they are slightly compressed or is it purely the fatigue in the rubber seals finally letting oil by?

Can we also turn this thread into a 'Let's See your Display'? That could give inspiration to others. There are some great examples on the main site already, mostly all of which look very expensive!

[...] Can we also turn this thread into a 'Let's See your Display'?

That's a good idea! ;)

Edit: Found the pic. This was the East wall of our TV room here two or three years ago:

DSCN3628_zps7ba0669e.jpg

You can see the broken wall. With the massive 8.8ยบ richter earthquake from 2010 we are lucky the building is still up!

I have mine on these small white bowls from Ikea. Very neutral and very cheap. The Clod is too big, so it is on an old shoebox :)

IMG_1758_zps6b0dfc77.jpg

I have yet to have success in getting the management to let cars into the house,so have made makeshift shelving in the garage out of some mdf.Means I get greeted with this view each time I walk in.sketch-1425090482410.jpg

post-38371-0-47593700-1425090551_thumb.j

I save used wheels/tires as well as caps from spent spray paint, and they make good stands for most vehicles. I store all my vehicles with the tires raised from the shelf.

Mrs managed to find this cabinet for me, foc. Local pet food store was going to skip it because they lost the key and lights didn't work. I fixed the lights and don't need the key as I can turn the lock with my finger! One of our book libraries made way for this;

med_gallery_28308_3756_56732.jpg

It's not often I luck into things like this, over the moon with it. The display as a bit of a mess at the mo, lots of projects on the go and some awaiting commencement!

Cheers

Nito

• Like 1