vtecboost

NEW Porsche 911GT2 Club Sport TA02SW

This is basically the Taisan Porsche coming back in original form, right? Or am I missing something here?

Wasn't the Taisan the only bodyshell to use that chassis?

Nice to see the TA02 return albeit the swb, I like the TA02's and really like the TA03F chassis! Nice honest chassis!!

• Like 1

gearbox cover will be interesting to see, get some of my shelfers looking nice all black and silver xD with some new silver covers

• Like 1

Looks like a street version of the Taisan porsche, I'm willing to bet it doesn't have silver gear cases, though I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised!

But I geuss were all betting on a TA02 right, there's no "current" chassis that they could have moded for the body ?

I'm surprised it's on the TA-02. They could have made a TA-05 fit this body.

• Like 3

Too right. Shame there's only the picture of a picture on tamiyablog and not of the actual car. Hope to see more soon as this looks really interesting

And it's actually the boxart from the 1/24 static kit: # 24247 Porsche 911 GT2 Road Version Club Sport. I reckon it will be used for the RC kit too, as several other static model boxarts have been reused for RC kits during the last years (Honda CRX, Mazda RX-7, Nismo R34 Z-Tune, Nissan Silvia S13 etc.)

Tamiya24247Porsche_wm.jpg

• Like 2

I'm surprised it's on the TA-02. They could have made a TA-05 fit this body.

Is it possible to make a TA05 fit without new parts?

Is it possible to make a TA05 fit without new parts?

You need different front and rear arms. When Tamiya released the Taisan body they included instructions on how to make it fit to the TA-05 chassis.

• Like 1

wow and to think that I picked up an original TA02SW Porsche in the beginning of last year, and sold it midway through the year, because there is very little support. I turned a profit, but was left wanting to use her as a runner as it was no shelf queen. Well now that we are getting this rere TA02SW I'm sure that now parts a will be abundant, and the pricing will be down to earth.

wow and to think that I picked up an original TA02SW Porsche in the beginning of last year, and sold it midway through the year, because there is very little support. I turned a profit, but was left wanting to use her as a runner as it was no shelf queen. Well now that we are getting this rere TA02SW I'm sure that now parts a will be abundant, and the pricing will be down to earth.

It would be nice to see TA02 hop ups at a reasonable price too!

• Like 1

You need different front and rear arms. When Tamiya released the Taisan body they included instructions on how to make it fit to the TA-05 chassis.

You don't happen to know which arms do you?

I think it's really great that Tamiya continues to produce the Ta02 chassis and its variants, however, what isn't so great is that all of the Tamiya-made hop ups remain discontinued. I wish that would change as long as they keep popping out this chassis.

Steve

• Like 1

I want that shell, it looks lovely!

I've got an original Taisan GT2, it's the finest on-road car Tamiya have produced IMO.

10_zpsc75b3eb0.jpg

• Like 3

Got paint those gold bbs wheels with gold paint. That would make them pop out against the black and rex background. And apply the STP logo. It's the seal/kiss of approval. :rolleyes:

I think the R91CP and the Flat Abrath were nice body too. I like the abrath because of the rear motot compartment.

And it's actually the boxart from the 1/24 static kit: # 24247 Porsche 911 GT2 Road Version Club Sport. I reckon it will be used for the RC kit too, as several other static model boxarts have been reused for RC kits during the last years (Honda CRX, Mazda RX-7, Nismo R34 Z-Tune, Nissan Silvia S13 etc.)

Tamiya24247Porsche_wm.jpg

Here is a pic from the Toy Fair Catalogue. It is the same Picture like the static Kit boxart but a little bit modified in details. Looks like the RC Version comes with the high Rear Wing.

img_20150202_1005220ao1u.jpg

The good thing about this rerelease is that I can easily get body shells to make different liveries.

I don't understand why they have not just re-released it in the Taisan livery. Surely it cannot be down to licencing with this one?

I don't understand why they have not just re-released it in the Taisan livery. Surely it cannot be down to licencing with this one?

The Taisan Livery is ugly as sin. Releasing it with any other different livery would be an improvement.

• Like 3

The Taisan Livery is ugly as sin. Releasing it with any other different livery would be an improvement.

Shodog

I'm with you on this, I've truly never been a fan of the Taisan Livery. What I do love is that Porsche body, and now how we can get to work on designing new Livery or radical Street Porsche Builds.

• Like 2