Sign in to follow this  
matman

LOOKS like i got ripped off - ozracer89

vintage Tamiya Ford Blackfoot Kit $410. cost me on the 04 April .

vintage Tamiya Boomerang kit $595. cost me on the 03 April .

Vintage Tamiya Avante new built $500. cost me on the 06 April .

vintage Tamiya Madcap kit $300 cost me & it was sold to someone else .

vintage Tamiya Monster Beetle new built $300.

+ freight so it could be more .

This is alot of money too lose ;( .

I screwed up & listened to him on the phone & took the case off on pay pal ( dumb move on my B1/2 ) As he said it was sent etc etc .

So what can i do ??

Debit collectors , cops ?? . Is there a way ?...... ;( ...

Now above is to rules ? . Hope i have not done the wrong thing to the forums rules .

I purchased some items from a guy in europe, everthing seemed to go well except the items didnt turn up as expected. I did get my money back from paypal thru the resolution center.

However the items did arrive eventually (2 + months) so i repaid for the goods. Some times the mail can be very very slow and what may seem dishonest can turn out to be bad post.

Just a thought.

Did you get refunded on the Madcap?

No , not a thing :lol: . He was going to give me New rebuilt grasshopper + motors . We had agreed on by phone .

I purchased some items from a guy in europe, everthing seemed to go well except the items didnt turn up as expected. I did get my money back from paypal thru the resolution center.

However the items did arrive eventually (2 + months) so i repaid for the goods. Some times the mail can be very very slow and what may seem dishonest can turn out to be bad post.

Just a thought.

Well i hope so as he is in Australia in melbourne , So it should be here by now . Reg post , I did get two other cars off him & turned up . But he won't answer the phone , messages & emails .

A say day for me & ebay :P , Don't know if i want to use it anymore .

Paypal would have if i keeped the case open , but got conned on the phone . :lol: .

Paypal would have if i keeped the case open , but got conned on the phone . :lol: .

Yup, once you close a case, that's it :P

I take it you've left the appropriate negative feedback for all the transactions? - That's sometimes enough to reopen the communication channels, especially if they've good feedback so far.

Also, seeing as the seller's in the same country, did you contact the police yet? - you got nothing to lose by contacting them, or even a citizen's advice centre etc?

Once you've left him negative FB for the items, feel free to name him and post up his eBay ID, just so others can avoid him - this thread can also then be moved to the suspicious trader's forum for a bit more 'exposure'

Yup, once you close a case, that's it :lol:

I take it you've left the appropriate negative feedback for all the transactions? - That's sometimes enough to reopen the communication channels, especially if they've good feedback so far.

Also, seeing as the seller's in the same country, did you contact the police yet? - you got nothing to lose by contacting them, or even a citizen's advice centre etc?

Once you've left him negative FB for the items, feel free to name him and post up his eBay ID, just so others can avoid him - this thread can also then be moved to the suspicious trader's forum for a bit more 'exposure'

Oh yes i have left negative feedback , but not on two as they had gone by on time & i had payed one with bank , as it was out of ebay deal . As i said i got two cars out of 7 .

Police i will be doing , as i have done this B4 and the guy i did do that to had 13 counts of fraud & was in WA of Aus where i live . So i will be going to the police again & through about debit collectors to see if they can do some thing .

Twinset i will PM you the name , then you can look at his feedback & then you can see if it is worth putting on this site + you can see that i'm not tell lie's etc.

Thanks .

Shame you live on the other side of the country, you could've paid him a visit. :lol:

I hope you get this sorted.

Shame you live on the other side of the country, you could've paid him a visit. :lol:

I hope you get this sorted.

I hope so to . But the way it's going , I don't think so :P .

Thanks .

Sorry to hear bout this mate, looks like there is yet another ebay seller to avoid :lol:

vintage Tamiya Ford Blackfoot Kit $410. cost me on the 04 April .

vintage Tamiya Boomerang kit $595. cost me on the 03 April .

Vintage Tamiya Avante new built $500. cost me on the 06 April .

vintage Tamiya Madcap kit $300 cost me & it was sold to someone else .

vintage Tamiya Monster Beetle new built $300.

+ freight so it could be more .

This is alot of money too lose ;( .

I screwed up & listened to him on the phone & took the case off on pay pal ( dumb move on my B1/2 ) As he said it was sent etc etc .

So what can i do ??

Debit collectors , cops ?? . Is there a way ?...... ;( ...

Now above is to rules ? . Hope i have not done the wrong thing to the forums rules .

He's in Melbourne......hehehehe.....

Does he have a shop? I could scope him out for you if you could find out where he is.

I've sent him this message via Ebay:

Hey mate,

I understand that you haven't shipped out some vintage kits to a fella called Matman, who bought and paid for them. He's asked for some help, so I'm wondering if you intend to ship the stuff to him or not. I'm in Melb quite a lot, so I'd be happy to meet up in person to discuss this and get it sorted.

Cheers.

See if I get a response.

He's in Melbourne......hehehehe.....

Does he have a shop? I could scope him out for you if you could find out where he is.

I've sent him this message via Ebay:

Hey mate,

I understand that you haven't shipped out some vintage kits to a fella called Matman, who bought and paid for them. He's asked for some help, so I'm wondering if you intend to ship the stuff to him or not. I'm in Melb quite a lot, so I'd be happy to meet up in person to discuss this and get it sorted.

Cheers.

See if I get a response.

Well, ream me out with a post-hole digger!

I got a response!! :lol:

Hello there,

I am more than happy to meet up with you to discuss as I mentioned to him previously that I have not been real well!!!

Look at my feedback of other cars I have sold and they all gave me positive feedback!

I see you might live in Melbourne too?? If you travel back and forth to where he is then I am quite happy to give them to you but I am not sending them as he has given me negative feedback!!!!!!!!!!! I am not happy about that and he knew my situation.

If this email is to intimidate me in anyways then I keep them all. Here is my mobile you can call me today to discuss **********...

I will not tolerate any intimidation or any bullying from anybody.

Call me...

Regards,

Han

Matman, did he tell you he was not well?

Anyway, still no excuse for not sending the cars. He's admitted that he still has them....so maybe re-open discussions with him and get him to send? Offer to withdraw feedback?

I shall await your response before replying to him again.

The name sounded familiar, so I had a look through the history on my watch list.

Found some of the items he had listed.

I remember he had a LOT of great cars/NIBs for sale.

The excuses he has given are pretty frail.

He says he won't give matman his cars because he left him negative feedback about not getting his cars? :unsure:

I found nothing in the message that was intimidating, or could be construed as bullying.

This is disappointing to read. I hate sellers like this. It doesn't matter that they've got positive feedback because the dealing was outside of eBay and once you dropped your claim he was basically given free licence to screw you.

I am more than happy to meet up with you to discuss as I mentioned to him previously that I have not been real well!!!

Look at my feedback of other cars I have sold and they all gave me positive feedback!

I see you might live in Melbourne too?? If you travel back and forth to where he is then I am quite happy to give them to you but I am not sending them as he has given me negative feedback!!!!!!!!!!! I am not happy about that and he knew my situation.

This is the kind of thing I love about TC. The way help like this becomes an option in these circumstances. Seeing as he won't send the items, he isn't compelled to give a refund and another Paypal claim can't be started, I say meet up with him and take the models from him then you can sort out things with matman. If there's still links to the auction listing then you can use the listings pics for verification of item and condition. It'd be a lot more reliable than waiting for this guy to be decent and honest.

Hey Matman, you still interested in getting these cars?

Would be good if you could sort it out with him direct.....interested in what you think of what he said above.

Hey Matman, you still interested in getting these cars?

Would be good if you could sort it out with him direct.....interested in what you think of what he said above.

According to the mail I received from Matman over the weekend, your contact with the seller hasn't improved the situation at all

He's incommunicado for a couple of days but will no doubt update us shortly.

Until then people, please don't take it upon yourselves to contact the seller, you probably won't be helping!

This forum is to make people aware of dodgy dealers, not whip up a posse.

Ok , i have been taking to him & things are getting there & i should see a car next week .

He had a Very good reason why they have not been sent . So i will see how things go .

Please people if some one puts a post up like this one , B4 you do anything ask the person 1st . :blink:

I won't go into details , as i don't think it needs to be said . Will update on the progress with receiving items .

Just can't wait to get them . B)

Thank you .

Ok , i have been taking to him & things are getting there & i should see a car next week .

He had a Very good reason why they have not been sent . So i will see how things go .

Please people if some one puts a post up like this one , B4 you do anything ask the person 1st . :huh:

I won't go into details , as i don't think it needs to be said . Will update on the progress with receiving items .

Just can't wait to get them . :lol:

Thank you .

Good Luck getting it sorted

Well lets hope something turns up tomorrow.

To not send goods because the buyer left you negative feedback is a lame excuse - as a seller, i alwyas send the day or at worst case the following day funds are cleared.

He has a contract with you, he has your money - he should send the goods. If he did have genuine health issues and was laid up in hospital for months with no-one to handle this then fair enough, send the goods and ask for the negative feedback to be retracted.

Have you contacted the seller again? What's the excuse now?

Tryed , text message twice . No response . Will try again Wednesday , Then maybe the cops i feel . It's getting way to long & the excuses are not going to work . Fair is fair & i have been very FAIR .

It don't take long to go & post stuff . How long do i have to wait ?. B)

Tryed , text message twice . No response . Will try again Wednesday , Then maybe the cops i feel . It's getting way to long & the excuses are not going to work . Fair is fair & i have been very FAIR .

It don't take long to go & post stuff . How long do i have to wait ?. B)

He has been posting stuff, just no to you;

Bearing in mind your auction end dates

This one ended after yours (but before your negs) and he's received FB for it on May 22

This one ended after yours, (but before your negs) and he's received FB for it on May 18

This one ended after yours, (but before your negs) and he's received FB for it on May 22

This one ended the day before yours and he received FB by May 12