StrokerBoy

New member introduction

Hi. This is my first post. I've managed to log in, at last. Complicated innit ? I'm a bit lost as to what I've actually joined now tbh - feels like I've got one account for the 'club' :unsure: and another for the forum, each with different usernames and passwords ? Wondered if it was all just a secret interview for MI5 at one point...

(Context : I've been a full-time professional software developer for 30 years, a regular user of dozens of online forums over the last 12, designer and admin for a couple of long-running websites, and the creator and sole admin of my own forum for the last 7 years.)

Anyway, I'm in now.

RC-wise, I built a Midnight Pumpkin in 1989 and a Kyosho ZX-Sport-based RS500 a couple of years later. I've still got them, but I've not done a lot with them over the last 20 years. I built my missus a M03 Mini Cooper in 2002 (still not painted...) and I've got a brand-new CW-01 Unimog ready to start building with some upgrades and ideas. There's a couple of old Tamiya cars I'd still like to get if I can find them. But first, inspired by some of the epic builds on here, I've just bought a secondhand Wild Willy 2 that I've got some twisted plans for... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Welcome to the club!

You're right - the club and forums have separate logins. Can't remember why?

Looking forwards to seeing what you come up with for the WW...

• Like 1

That's a nice Midnight Pumpkin, and welcome to the Club, StrokerBoy! :)

Oh, and that Willy Jeep looks great in red. By the look in his eye the driver there seems to have gone through some serious stunts the minute before. :lol:

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! Hold onto your wallet tightly, these forums give you ideas that can get you in trouble! :D

• Like 1

Welcome to the club, love the cossi ... My mate had the same body kit with the texico decals fitted to a mardave if I remember correctly, was a long time ago.

Oh by the way lock up your wallet!

Chris

• Like 1

Welcome, all very nice looking builds and the Pumpkin in blue, you don't see that every day. That is cheating on the Mini with that lovely front grill full of chrome and lights and the box isn't the same one. I am just bitter as I don't have the chrome on my Mini, it is the painted lexan version and I would really like the 3D chrome bits with lights, but don't have the heart to punch holes in mine, but then of course that isn't how it is done.

You don't have to lock up your wallet as much as getting yourself a post office box that your wife doesn't see all your new toys arriving at all times. Enjoy and I think the double layer of signing it was to protect some of our passwords and keep autorobots from invading our forum and peaceful bubble of all things Tamiya. Just a guess though.

• Like 1

Yeah, I wanted the Monte Carlo kit but couldn't find one at the time. I've bought the Monte body bits since and bodged 'em on. We'll see what it looks like when my missus finally paints it (to match her 1:1 Cooper)...

Nice buy, let me know if it is missing any of the little bits as I have parts scattered around here for that chassis. If I can be more negatively influential, I have its brother, the Hilux Racer here in a "kit" form whereas I have almost the entire lot of parts to assemble one truck as well. BTW, you DID sign the legal waiver not condemning or condoning our actions and influence on your character.

• Like 2

Hi. This is my first post. I've managed to log in, at last. Complicated innit ? I'm a bit lost as to what I've actually joined now tbh - feels like I've got one account for the 'club' :unsure: and another for the forum, each with different usernames and passwords ? Wondered if it was all just a secret interview for MI5 at one point...

Love the kingcab. When I was younger that was going to be a christmas present but changed last minute for a bullhead.

Ive only been a member for a few days myself. When you said the above about 2 user names and passwords, how did this come about? I've got one user name and one password. Am I missing one for the club as I've posted on the forum a few times? Might have to contact admin.

Since I got access to the forum, I've never even looked at the other bit, so I don't know what I'm missing out on.

If in meaning, THE OTHER PART, was the full showroom access and posting of each model indivually and such, well I can't say you are missing it all, just partly that I tend to wander around the "FRONT PAGE" more than the Forums, but you know what, I have been on this site for 10 years, perhaps it is time I spend a little more time in the forums and less time looking at all the stuff that everyone else has posted and such??? Let's see if I can make that happen more in 2015.

Welcome and however you enjoy the site, just remember to try to enjoy it and it should be about fun and memories, not serious work and degrading folks for what they don't have and/or do have..

I had a similar set up on my mid in the early 90's, but it was a sapphire 4x4 body.Wish I had kept it, as I haven't seen one since!!

Welcome to the club Stokerboy and Terz1

Be careful, Tamiya cars BREED ;)

• Like 2

Never leave two tamiya in storeage together . Before you know it you will have a collection lol

• Like 1

Never leave two tamiya in storeage together  . Before you know it you will have a collection lol

Indeed, they're like Gremlins! :lol:

That's totally true! 2 months ago I didn't have one tamiya. I bought a hornet and my brother gave me back a baja champ I gave him years back. I went upstairs one day and a blackfoot appeared! :lol:

• Like 1

My one turned turned in to four when I thought it would be good to get the best out of combined postage............

• Like 2

1 or 2 is ok,

Its when you get in to double figures (10+) you are in trouble ;)

I find they are a bit like goldfish. They nreed to fill the space available, then numbers tend to hold steady, unless of course you move them to a bigger "tank".

My fleet was in the 'teens for quite a while, until I got more shelf space and a radio with more memory slots. Now it has gone into the twenties...