MAD RACER

To Sell or Not too Sell ( Super Sprint) Pic's of it.

Well I'm in a little pickle over this Nikko Super Sprint.

I bought My Super Sprint of a Local here who got it in a bulk lot and only collect Tamiya's. I knew it was rare and is in very good nic with the Nikko TX and very rare Gold Top Mod motor. Instructions, New driver figure & stock servos with MSC. The only really bad point is it has a snapped chassis at the front & bumper. It must of happened a little while after the purchase as it has never been repaired. Tyres are half worn .

My Dilemma is I found a add in the local wanted section on another forum for a Dandy Dash or the preferred Super Sprint from a guy O/S and I replied to it saying I have one that i might sell. I will not give it away but not sure what to do. The snapped chassis is a real problem as I still have not seen one come up. I thought it would be really cool to have a Nikko but it's going to take some real $$ or a donar car to fix. My mate has the Brat up grade chassis set for it but he wants $300 for it. I know they are worth that if one comes up but gee i might better selling it. New body is easy from *****.

I pride myself that I collect not sell <_<

Oh well I sell what $$ he will offer.

What will you do?????

Nikko4_zps98a9a5c6.jpg

Nikko2_zps5694cd09.jpg

Nikko3_zps6985b1dc.jpg

Broken chassis piece

Nikko_zps7f983219.jpg

• Like 2

I've no knowledge of the Nikko's but if you spent $280 on the upgrade chassis what is the total car worth ?

Do you really want to spend that money on it if its only worth $400 (or less ??) as a repaired, upgraded car ??

Does it matter that it has a broken chassis as a display model ?? Could you repair the chassis such that it could be run, but the repair not visible from the underside ?

I appreciate you're not in it for the resale value, but sense has to prevail at some stage; then again I watched a used HiLux make $2000 last night :P

Thanks guys.

I agree I was going to do some make shift repairs on the chassis. Order a new shell & custom make some stickers. The chassis can be repaired I say.

Yeah a Brat is worth big $$$ IF you see one. The chassis conversion is stupidly priced too. It will be worth more then all purchase prices combined. The BRAT did run at the 89 Worlds in Sydney. So It's sought after. The Up Motor is super rare too. A new Dandy Dash is on E bay for over $500 and the Super Sprint is a Upgraded Dandy with alloy shocks Hot motor & ball raced I think.

I sent the pics to his e mail & want what i think is a fair price. If not will keep it.

I will post the outcome

M/R

I look forward to seeing this one completed!

Just sourced a 2nd hand Brat chassis with the alloy stand offs. The upper deck will be custom made but the original are just 2 rods with ball links so might make it with carbon fiber rods. This will be run lightly. They are so rare.

Will update as i slowly fix it all up. <_< .

• Like 2

Just sourced a 2nd hand Brat chassis with the alloy stand offs. The upper deck will be custom made but the original are just 2 rods with ball links so might make it with carbon fiber rods. This will be run lightly. They are so rare.

Will update as i slowly fix it all up. <_< .

Hey Mad Racer did you ever finished this project? I bought a Super Sprint from Italy and it will become my next project.

post-43233-0-37355100-1429268335_thumb.j

I also pride myself on being a collector and not a seller .

Don't sell anything ...you will regret it all oneday .

Hoarde everything if you do sell there will come a time when you will want it back even if just to look at guaranteed...I speak from experience I sell nothing anymore !

Stuart

Well a update is order.

As I'm selling most of my non running cars and projects  due to no time and space this Nikko was on the bay for less then 24hrs and it has a new home in Italy. Will be posting her of tomorrow.  Oh yeah the Brat chassis  was advertised with it.

• Like 1

Hi guys, i'm looking for Nikko Super Sprint or Brat parts, or full buggies, have you got something about ?
Thanks in advance for your answer