super gripper

DT02 challange event

Tamiya DT02 Challenge

Proudly hosted by Surrey & Hants RC Club

Sunday 29th September 2013

Farnborough Hampshire GU14 8SN

This is destined to be an annual event, Tamiya DT02 chassis fun racing split in to two categories

1, Holiday Buggy 2010, Sand Rover & Street Rovers

2, Modified DT02 cars

Come along and fun race your mates at a BRCA club, astro turf track with ample parking and a campsite less than 5 miles drive away.

£8 per driver entry fee for one class or just £10 for both classes.

We have the whole track facility to our selves all day, racing starts at 9am until we are finished (depending on numbers)

Burger van on site, toilets and vast pitting area.

Power for those who require for charging.

link for shrccc

http://shrccc.co.uk/

campsite link

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/basingstoke-canal/campsite.htm

Booking in available soon, follow this thread people !

Is this just for Dt-02's?, or if there is enough interest, will you have other cars/ classes?

About 2hrs from me. :)

No, well possibly a Lunchbox/Pumpkin heat.

This event is to emulate the Tamiya Super Fighter Cup (but we cannot call it that)

If I would live nearby, I would really like to participate in this cup. :)

Wouldn't the Super Fighter G / GR classify for category 1, too?

If I would live nearby, I would really like to participate in this cup. :)

Wouldn't the Super Fighter G / GR classify for category 1, too?

Not in this event no, Category 1 is just Holiday Buggy, Sand Rover and Street Rover

But we shall see, depends on numbers plus you haven't seen the rules yet. Not the same as the Tamiya sponsored events.

due to the wheels the street rover might be a bit of a strange duck in the first group :ph34r:

due to the wheels the street rover might be a bit of a strange duck in the first group :ph34r:

it might yes but it shouldn't be excluded :D

here's the rules then chaps, wanted it as a link but wouldn't work

RULES

TAMIYA DT-02 CHALLENGE 2013

These construction rules are here simply ensure fair competition and of course encourage enjoyment for ALL. We therefore ask you to respect them.

GENERAL RULES APPLYING TO 2010 Holiday Buggy & 2011 Sand Rover CLASS

1. Only 2010 Holiday Buggy (Blue or Red body) 2011 Sand Rover & Street Rover cars may be entered.

1. MOTORS – there is a choice of motors (sealed can) where strictly limited to using:-

1. Any Tamiya kit supplied ‘silver can’ 540 motor.
  2. The Tamiya ‘Sport Tuned’ 540 motor.
  3. The Tamiya ‘Torque’ Tuned 540 motor.

IN ALL CASES THE MOTOR MUST BE COMPLETELY AS STANDARD, IT MUST NOT HAVE BEEN OPENED NOR HAVE THE FACTORY TIMING TAMPERED WITH IN ANYWAY.

The use of heat sinks to cool the motor is permitted.

1. Front shock tower braces are permitted.(3Racing,Carson,Tamiya)

1. BODYSHELL - The body-shell must be securely fastened at all times. This can be decorated by the user, but please ensure that decoration is not offensive.
  1. No additional items / components can be added to the car (such as second motors or larger external bumpers etc.) unless clearly stated otherwise herewith.

1. RADIO GEAR - Any commercially available radio control gear conforming to UK law can be used (either frequency of 27MHz, 40MHz or 2.4GHz). Where 27Mhz and 40Mhz is intended for use, please inform the Race Director when booking in at race control.

1. SPEED CONTROLLERS - Any commercially available speed controller (suited to operating the MOTORS listed) can be used.

1. BATTERY PACK - Any commercially available, but only 7.2v Sub C sized NiCd/NiMH or the equivalent dimensioned 7.4v (2S) HARD CASED LiPo battery packs are permitted. For safety reasons, battery packs must have electrical connectors fitted that can be disconnected quickly by a marshal if required during a race, i.e. battery packs must NOT be ‘hard wired’ to the speed-controller.

1. To allow competitive racing, a ‘hand-out’ lap-counting transponder will be provided, where the driver must provide suitable means of securely fastening within and under the car’s body-shell.

1. SUSPENSION – replacement shock absorbers are allowed, as long as a direct replacement / fit onto the standard chassis. Alternative springs and shock oils are permitted.

1. GEARS – differing gear ratios / pinion gears are permitted (17 & 19 tooth pinions).

1. BALL-RACES – replacement ball-races / bearings / bushes are permitted.

1. WHEELS & TYRES – Any wheels & tyres combinations, but limited to those taken from standard kits (of 2010 HB, 2011 SR & Street Rover) ONLY.

1. WATER-PROOFING – Water-proofing of equipment is permitted, including fitment of the ‘Hunter Systems’ chassis cover.

DT02 Chassis Open Class - Modified – rules as above with additions below where applicable.

This class is:-

1. Open to using any of the past or current Tamiya DT-02 based standard kit models.

1. Open to using any body-shell from any past or current Tamiya DT-02 based standard kit model ONLY.

1. Car must use the Tamiya DT02 chassis and gearbox (DT02 geared diff or DT02 ball diff are permitted).

1. Any tyre and any wheel from any manufacturer (1/10th scale car ‘sizes’ only, in keeping with original car).

1. Only commercially available hop ups permitted, ie Tamiya,3racing,GPM,Yeah-Racing.Carson,etc

1. Any commercially available BRUSHED ‘540 size’ motor with 19 turns or more (any 19 turn spec. and any manufacturer allowed - see suggestions as a guide*).

1. Any commercially available BRUSH-LESS ‘540 size’ motor with 10.5 turns or more (any manufacturer allowed).
  1. Any commercially available electronic speed controller (from any manufacturer) to suit any motor as above.

*Brushed motor guide –

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/electric-motors/rc-car-categories/9920/992015&MSAttributeID[25]=575&MSAttributeID[27]=1067

Not in this event no, Category 1 is just Holiday Buggy, Sand Rover and Street Rover

But we shall see, depends on numbers plus you haven't seen the rules yet. Not the same as the Tamiya sponsored events.

Allright. :) I was just asking, as the SFG/-GR are basically the same basic DT-02 cars underneath the bodyshell as the Sand Rover/Holiday Buggy, but with the difference of being supplied with a 540 motor right from the kit instead of the HB/SR's 380 motor.

Allright. :) I was just asking, as the SFG/-GR are basically the same basic DT-02 cars underneath the bodyshell as the Sand Rover/Holiday Buggy, but with the difference of being supplied with a 540 motor right from the kit instead of the HB/SR's 380 motor.

your right they are but we have allowed oil dampers, ball races and a 540 motor from the list in the rules.

Working that weekend i'am afraid . Shame because I was looking forward to meeting some of the Members

This sounds very tempting. Just want to clarify about the DT02 modified chassis class... I have a Kamtec Rough Rider lexan body on a DT02 (ex Violet Racer) chassis. Would that be disallowed as it isn't technically a Tamiya body (although it is a copy of one)?

better sort out my holiday buggy then :) and get a couple of m8's to buy one each :)

• Like 1

> Tamiya monkey.

No BRCA membership is required. Using a BRCA club means everyone is insured :D

> mr crispy

the kamtec rough rider body shell is not from any of the DT02 kits so technically not allowed

> wolfdogstinkus

and why do you say that chap ?? have you not any sort of DT02 what so ever ?

I have a sand rover, it's possible I could enter the modified class after a motor swap.

currently running a 4600kv castle creations lump, proline dirt hawg 1 buggy tyres on rear. and a 3racing front damper mount after breaking two tamiya ones.

I might be able to swap the motor for a 19t brushed.

My mate has a DT-02 as well but his is a neo falcon with a sand viper shell and a 6.5T brushless motor. (Yes they/ we are both nuts :D:D )

I have a couple of questions that other members may also find useful.

As a total noob to organised circuit racing, what's the preferred method to securing these handed out lap times? Cable ties, double sided tape? Just so I know what to bring with me.

Also I no longer have the HB2010 wheels but have fitted a set of the Carson 2wd set on my HB2010. Reading the rules I assume they won't be allowed so can I swap them for my Violet Racer wheels which are effectively the same as the original HB2010's except in colour?

One more thing I just thought of. I've narrowed the front end of my HB2010 by about 12mm. Mods of this nature don't seem to be mentioned in the above rules so would it still be allowed to race? It's not really a performance enhancing mod, if anything Id of thought it makes it less stable when cornering at speed.

> wolfdogstinkus

so swap your motor and race in the open/modified class then B)

same with your mate !

No chance of lowering the turns in brushless modified class then?,

I also have a WR-02 vw wheelie, would that be allowed in a lunchbox race?

> mr crispy

to hold the hand out transponder in your car there is this from Carson

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130853811747?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

OR you can hold on and have one of the free ones I will hand out on the day. Not as funky as the Carson one but it will last the day. You cannot fix the transponder in your car as you will be required to hand it back after every race.

The Violet racers wheels and tyres are allowed in the HB/SR class > it does say any colour wheels that are the same from the kits. You get the black wheels with the RED HB kit.

The narrowing of the width of the car for aesthetics is fine but you will loose out in performance to the standard wide track cars. So up to you.