3271059231_224a6af4dd_ekt9.jpg

You know what guys? I'm really crazy for LEGO space. Next to Tamiya R/C cars, this is my other passion.

Why you ask? Well, it all began in my early childhood, when my parents got me a small LEGO Futuron set. This must have been in the late '80ies. Later in the early '90ies, M:Tron reached the marked, and there's one thing that really blew my mind, when I got the M:Tron Cosmicopter (or Particle Ionizer for those from the US) at my 6th or 7th birthday. WOW! All that neon trans yellow plastic, magnets, hinges, rockets, thrusters, lasers... I was in heaven. I think I might have some photos left somewhere when I assembled the kit for the first time.

20 years later, and my interest in LEGO re-emerged. Since all of the LEGO that had been left in my parent's home got sold, I have started a new collection. My target is to gather the LEGO space sets from the 1988 to 1992 era. Those that I had back in the day, and those that I could only dream about, but never afford.

Luckily, getting parts and complete kits isn't very hard today. There are numerous sellers and websites dedicated to old LEGO bricks, and most small to medium sized sets can be had at fair prices. Only some of the larger kits can be expensive, especially when they come with some rare bricks with prints, or stickers (who doesn't hate stickers on LEGO?).

Do you have any interest in LEGO space? Be it classic space from the late '70ies to late '80ies, the 2nd generation until the mid '90ies, or the recent sets.

Of course other LEGO themes are welcome, too.

• Like 1

Time to show off my collection :D

EDIT: Since then, I decided to show you just one favourite item of each theme/subtheme. You can still view my whole collection by following this link:

http://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-Bricktron

Futuron

th_6884_zpsb8eea0c1.jpg

6884 Aero Module

Blacktron

th_6894_zpsbb37d8ce.jpg

6894 Invader

Space Police

th_6986_zpsdf1a3110.jpg

6986 Mission Commander

M:Tron

th_6923_zpse777ded0.jpg

6923 Particle Ionizer

Blacktron II

th_6887_zpsc59703c0.jpg

6887 Allied Avenger

Space Police II

th_6984_zpsbc6136d9.jpg

6984 Galactic Mediator

TECHNIC

th_8070_zpsad18bb38.jpg

8070 Supercar

Creator

th_5763_zpsdf184dae.jpg

5763 Dune Hopper

• Like 1

I must say the space stuff was my favourite too. Also all the pirate ships and the robin hood stuff.

Tempted to try and source some of my old kits now as mine was given to younger relatives and who knows where it is now. Nice collection by the way

I have all my old lego (minus a few bits) from the 80s and 90s including a few Space kits.

My favourite was the Castle and Robin Hood stuff which I still have now.

I've been really enjoying rebuilding all my old kits with my 3 year old son, takes me right back when flicking through the websites to find instructions, looking for kits I remember having (and some I don't remember too).

I liked Robin Hood, too. I remember having Robin's tree house back in the day.

From the recent released kits, I'm mostly interested in Technic Supercars and bikes, for their working suspension and model motors.

Fun LEGO facts:

bka6iecpgmzchws9v.gif

How to buy LEGO sets when you're over twice the suggested age

To get an extra kick out of buying Lego when you're over twice the suggested age, follow this procedure:

• Go into the toy store and walk up to the Lego shelf.
  • Wait until a little kid comes up to the shelf.
  • Watch the kid carefully considering which set he should spend his hard earned money on.
  • Pick out three sets right in front of the kid.
  • Watch his shock and jealousy. Enjoy the moment.
  • Slowly walk to the counter and pay for your sets.

Source: http://everything2.com/title/How+to+buy+LEGO+sets+when+you're+over+twice+the+suggested+age

• Like 3

I was lucky enough to get my old Legos that I had as a kid roughly 10 years ago. I rebuilt many of the sets I had then. And then I saw the Star wars themed ones so I started collecting those too. Having 3 kids means I have an excuse to buy some more sets! :D

My Mum was bored the other day baby sitting so she and my son made this:

Lego partyyyy!!!!

5EFC80A6-3529-45BC-90F7-9798F0282706_zps

• Like 1

I remember the tree house. It was amazing with a draw bridge type door if I remember correctly.

I had a huge amount of Lego - almost a Tea Chest full when we lived in Africa . Sadly it was all left there with my Dad when I joined the Army . It would have being worth a small fortune now :(. I've asked my Dad about it but it seems most of it was given away to his staffs children years ago . Don't mind as its gone to a good cause :D

• Like 1

The 'Vintage' kits command a small fortune on eBay, the Knights' castle goes for circa £150!!

I liked Robin Hood, too. I remember having Robin's tree house back in the day.From the recent released kits, I'm mostly interested in Technic Supercars and bikes, for their working suspension and model motors.Fun LEGO facts:bka6iecpgmzchws9v.gif Source: http://everything2.com/title/How+to+buy+LEGO+sets+when+you're+over+twice+the+suggested+age

Should be in the Funnies section

Try looking up set #10179 on eBay, its the lego ultimate millenium falcon, some have sold for over 10000$ (yes those are 4 zeros)

I liked Robin Hood, too. I remember having Robin's tree house back in the day.From the recent released kits, I'm mostly interested in Technic Supercars and bikes, for their working suspension and model motors.Fun LEGO facts:bka6iecpgmzchws9v.gif Source: http://everything2.com/title/How+to+buy+LEGO+sets+when+you're+over+twice+the+suggested+age

Thats like the Tourist from China...they would buy 2 of everything in every colour and size within 5 minutes. I am still deciding after looking at it for half hr. thinking can i effort it, do i need it, should i come back after i cleared my head.

I've seen that one before, it's an awesome kit, even the standard millennium falcon is nice. If live to tackle the swathe star too!

I was a big fan on Lego back in the 80's, Technic Lego soon became my favourite and this was the bulldozer that really got me going

77B08D37-0A7B-4D8A-BC57-354F9FC7A39A_zps

shortly followed by these...

317CCD76-D018-4C8B-AFE7-888085BE994D_zps

D52AF2B3-7AA9-4BB1-BE0B-0119DD1FD970_zps

70D4C8B9-36A9-4093-B0C3-3055E4220F2E_zps

Had a brief spell of collecting the early Star Wars bits when the new episodes came out but that all got passed onto my nephews... well apart from the Falcon, that's in bits in a box somewhere in my loft :) I'll have to see if I can download the manual for it and rebuild it.

• Like 2

I had technic used to have a f1 car,bike and helicopter wish I kept them

Try looking up set #10179 on eBay, its the lego ultimate millenium falcon, some have sold for over 10000$ (yes those are 4 zeros)

Dang, I got one on sale back when they were out, cut the manual into several sections and built it with my family over Christmas. Great fun, but it cost me $9700? :o

Ah well, it was well worth it actually. Same reason I will eventually build (almost) all my precious NIB Tamiyas and loose a wad of money in the process.

I sold all my space lego :( a couple of years ago. I spent many an hour finding the instructions and then building it before putting it up for sale. it was great fun reliving my childhood and now I regret selling it, but there is an upside it got me back into Tamiya.

it was all up in the loft, the king cab was sitting on top of the lego, so that came down at the same time. my king cab had a hard life and was what could only describe as used and abused. once the lego got sold off I started on my king cab with the cash from the lego. it took to years and a lot of money just to get the chassis all new vintage items but it was worth it in the end

I personally started collecting Technic stuff from my childhood as well as some of the new stuff.

I went into Toys 'R' Us before christmas and a sales assistant approached me

"Good morning sir how may I help you?"

"I am looking for the LEGO sets" I replied

"Oh yes sir, we have a great selection over here, which age group are you looking for?" she said

"37!" I replied... ;)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I personally started collecting Technic stuff from my childhood as well as some of the new stuff.

I went into Toys 'R' Us before christmas and a sales assistant approached me

"Good morning sir how may I help you?"

"I am looking for the LEGO sets" I replied

"Oh yes sir, we have a great selection over here, which age group are you looking for?" she said

"37!" I replied... ;)

Some of the new technic sets look nice

• Like 1

"37!" I replied...  ;)

I recently bought this 'top up' box of blocks for my son (as if he didn't have enough already) and the age range on the box made me chuckle:

Posted Image

• Like 2

I recently bought this 'top up' box of blocks for my son (as if he didn't have enough already) and the age range on the box made me chuckle:

7CA7ED45-FEB8-492E-AD15-FDD1A39E4B91_zps

Now that is genius :)

But what about the 100+ age groups :(

I was big on technic in the 80s as well, getting the go-kart, bulldozer and forklift that Mr Crispy had, plus a red off roader buggy, tow-truck, helicopter and large tractor. I had fun building them all several years ago, and couldn't bear selling them. Its hard enough just letting my son play with them!

My son is big into Ninjago and Hero Factory now, not really interested in the technical lego kits at the moment, but he's only 8. If I had the money we'd have a death star :) and probably a Millennium Falcon too.

I've being thinking about my Lego a bit more deeply . Strange but in some ways I think it had a bigger impact on me than I have considered before now .

My farther up until he quit the Copper Mines to become a farmer was a civil and structural engineer . At the time I was into Lego I never thought of it as being educational - it was just a toy . Who does think that way at age 10 ish ?

Anyway moving on I went through the Dirt Bike phase , cars ect but always seemed to have a good understanding of how things work . Either my old man was more cunning than I realised with the choice of the toys he bought me or I had just learned as I built the Lego sets . Maybe he had passed on the knowledge via genetics - who can say ?

I didn't have much of a formal education even though I was packed off to a Boarding School - I was far more interested in Rugby, drinking and women than learning lol . Never did A levels or University as I joined the Army at 17 .

I do know that its stood me well all through my life . The ability to repair and make things and think problems through is a real Life Skill and something that modern kids sadly seem to lack .

Lego may well have shaped my life - now there's a thought .

• Like 2

Have anybody bought any of the newer technic kits I have been tempted a few times but never have as I think I could save the for rc stuff instead