Sign in to follow this  
Plopes

TR15t Hop Up Shocks.

I need some help deciding which Hop Up shock to fit to my soon to be built TR15t

I have the choice between the rere Hi Cap dampers and the blue sleeved Dyna Storm dampers.

Which are the period correct dampers to use?

Either case I will probably have to mate them with the TR15t kit springs as the Hi Cap & Dyna Storm spring will most likely be too soft.

Opinions will be greatly appreciated

Paulo..

Firstly, I am jealous, and hope to see pictures of this build soon to drool over ;)

Secondly, I think the Dyna Storm dampers will be a better fit as the TR-15T was somewhat based on the similar (to the Dyna Storm) Dyna Blaster. But I have heard tales of the smoothness of the Hi-Cap dampers...

Do you have easy access to both (i.e.: costs need not be considered)?

Thanks Grastens, I already have the the Hi Caps but I can get a new pair of sleeved dampers locally.

So you think I should have a build thread?

Would be my first one...

Thanks Grastens, I already have the the Hi Caps but I can get a new pair of sleeved dampers locally.

So you think I should have a build thread?

Get to work on it ASAP (-:

The correct period dampers are the Sleeved Dampers also used on Dyna Storm and Dyna Blaster.

The Sleeved Dampers are smoother than the Hi-Cap Dampers (that are very smooth) because the internal and the pistons are made of teflon or similaria. If you find some after part Titanium Nitride damper shafts with silicon O-rings you will be at top of smoothness.

Max

Firstly, I am jealous, and hope to see pictures of this build soon to drool over ;)

Secondly, I think the Dyna Storm dampers will be a better fit as the TR-15T was somewhat based on the similar (to the Dyna Storm) Dyna Blaster. But I have heard tales of the smoothness of the Hi-Cap dampers...

Do you have easy access to both (i.e.: costs need not be considered)?

Thanks guys, Just checked that the hi caps were also a hop up for the Dyna Storm (more like a tuning aid I guess)

So either would be period hop ups... I do like the look of the hi caps more

Decisions...

Yes on the build thread, and as kontemax's insight would suggest, yes to the Hi-Caps!