scootmike

Tires for the Hi Lift Hilux

Looking for tires for my truck, any suggestions?

Want to keep the same size as stock but looking for something taller and beefier.

Thanks

Mike

I could be mistaken but I think 2.2's will fit the Hilux with ease. If not its very simple to lift it a bit to run them. The extra width and cushion from 2.2's really help the Hi Lifts out and give it that old skool MT look.

Here's my old Tamiya Toyota Hilux High-Lift. Sadly I had to let it go a few years back. Anyway, it was a stock truck with regular Kyosho 2.2 wheels + Bruiser tires.

former02.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions guys, not sure if I want to go with the 2.2's or not, I like the scale look of the 1.9's but the stock tires look too small.

Been checking out the Rock Crushers and the Flat Irons, even though they are not the newest tires, I'm liking the look of them

Just trying to fill out the wheels wells more and keep it pretty much Tamiya.

Great looking trucks Roots and Goose!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, not sure if I want to go with the 2.2's or not, I like the scale look of the 1.9's but the stock tires look too small.

Been checking out the Rock Crushers and the Flat Irons, even though they are not the newest tires, I'm liking the look of them

Just trying to fill out the wheels wells more and keep it pretty much Tamiya.

Great looking trucks Roots and Goose!

Thanks.

You can stick with several RC4WD 1.9 size as I've linked to that will fill up the wheel wells for you just look at the measurements on the site for each tire, you'll find one no problem !

Then, post us some photos B) .

Think I'm going with the Rock Crushers, shouldn't have started looking at Hilux stuff, now I'm looking a the truck cap, fender flares etc..

Just ordered my Rock Crushers, Topper, and Flares, will load pics when I get it all together.