Wild Willy Speed Shop

Project Rust Box

Time for a new project. This is how it has started, nothing to special just a standard lunchie. Im thinking lots of rust, custom grille, roof rack, willy driver, opening tailgate, lights and a full interior. Was thinking putting it on an m06 but have decided on the original chassis.

Cheers.

IMAG0685_zps10594806.jpg

IMAG0691_zps520c5910.jpg

• Like 1

If one of the back doors was hinged so it could flap in the breeze, that'd be funny.

haha that would be really funny actually, i just need to figure out how to hinge it. I think if it was mounted on two little springs that would also be a crack up.. any ideas on cutting open the rear doors? I have feeling the Dremel is going to take too much material out, I ran over it a few times with the scalpel but that is going to take a lot of patience for one sitting.

Didn't someone post a link to a youtube video recently where you could cut plastic with basically cotton thread? - sawing it backwards and forwards - produced a very narrow and pretty clean cut...

Someone else chime in please!

Jx

That is an interesting idea, perhaps a thin piece of high tensile wire would also do the trick. I'm also looking for a very thin cutting wheel attachment for the dremel. I have a few ABS off cuts i can test it out on, I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers.

Just not a proper raggedy van without funny windows on the sides in the back. Iron cross, clover, mushroom... shouldn't be too hard to make. Possible eBay product if you could make them

Done a bit more, a few more layers of rust, scuffed up the chrome, put some grille mesh in and painted the lenses. I still have some lights to fit, a willy driver and some chassis tweaks.

Cheers

IMAG0903_zpseb7ed29a.jpg

IMAG0902_zpsca78049e.jpg

IMAG0898_zpsb9d96ef7.jpg

IMAG0897_zps51bbe3ac.jpg

IMAG0896_zps543dc70d.jpg

IMAG0895_zps708239b8.jpg

IMAG0893_zpsf2e7f80d.jpg

• Like 1

Damaged windows and rusty chrome would help. Maybe a missing section of bumper. One headlight?

When you started I wasn't sure, but that's really come together nice. The rust looks proper good, what technique did you use to achieve it?

Cheers dude, I used the weathering kit with the little brush although ended up using chunks of sponge as the little brush doesn't last long.

I did lots of layers of rusting and flat clear to seal each layer. A water spray bottle also came in handy for that running effect as well as flaking big chunks on then spraying with water. The whole thing feels textured now like real rust.

• Like 1