Sign in to follow this  
backtomyroots

Dual Motor Wiring Guide For Mt's. (batteries Too).

Okay. Dual motors in your Monster (Wild Dagger/Twin Detonator, Clodbuster/Super Clodbuster, TXT-1/Juggernaut) ?

If you find that the tires are not all going in the "right" direction, simply reverse the positive & negative wires on the motor going in the "wrong direction".

MT's with independent gearboxes such as the Clodbuster & Twin Detonator use motors with "0" degree timing. (TXT, Juggy, E-Maxx this is not req'd).

Hope this is useful. Also, how to set-up dual packs. (this is all obsolete if you have an esc such as the Traxxas EVX, Novak Super Duty as those are plug & go). Cheers.

post-8889-1183754488.jpg

post-8889-1183754502.jpg

Finally a guide that doesn't tell you to buy a special "duel motor" esc. As long as the turn limit is low enough, a regular esc will be fine - it doesnt know 2 motors are fitted does it :D

Nice info!

Finally a guide that doesn't tell you to buy a special "duel motor" esc. As long as the turn limit is low enough, a regular esc will be fine - it doesnt know 2 motors are fitted does it B)

Nice info!

Tis what i'm intending to do. Preferably a no limit, but if not something like an 11turn Mtroniks and stick a couple of 23 turn motors on

Tis what i'm intending to do. Preferably a no limit, but if not something like an 11turn Mtroniks and stick a couple of 23 turn motors on

Two 23 turn motors will be pushing the limit of an RV 11. I remember when i ran my TXT-1 with a single RV 11 and standard motors; the esc would still heat up but obviously didn't mind 27 turn sliver cans.

Following advice on the club, i'm now running my truck with 2 RV 11's connected via a Y lead - powering two 21 turn motors B)

An RV max shouldnt have many problems running two 23 turn motors though.