Jimbo

Re Release Toyota Hi Hux

Well not quite, but it looks like Tamiya are releasing a new body set for the Hi-Lift!! Could be a 'Special Event' Item thought B)

limited_sale.jpg

Jason from JR-RC mentioned this about a month ago. Got a feeling there will be huge demand for it.

Well must say I prefer the shell to the F350 one.

However please tell me that they are going to change the wheels as it looks dire on that chassis.

Oh yes! MINE! :o

My Japanese is a little rusty B) , is there a release date there?

The body set is a limited edition release for the Tamiya Summer Festival on the 25th/26th August. It's a body set only. Limited to one purchase per person, but no doubt there'll be Japanese ebay sellers that get hold of a few of them. Price works out at $60 or 30, lets see what price they end up with on ebay.

Interestingly there is also a 1/12th scale sports car body going to be on sale as well, I wonder which one of the old cars that will be? B)

Well there is proof tamiya can re release anything plastic!

at least the high lift chassis is not what its intended for, as it looks totally stupid on the F-350

Unless i'm mistaken, and thats totally a new mold, is the main shell in one whole piece?

2007 August 25th (Saturday) ~ August 26th (day)

* Time 10 o'clock in the morning ~ 7 o'clock in the afternoon (last day to 4 o'clock) admission no charge

* Place jaw thin super kids land main office 3F [tamiyawarudo]

New product of topic jostlingThe new product of topic is introduced. Up-to-date work of [tamiya] such as scale model and mechanical the charm fully RC model which are finished beautifully thoroughly viewing.

Yamada Takuji scene art galleryWe display Takuji's the first person and Yamada of the well-known scene writer work especially even in the model specialized magazine. MM diorama of course feelings fully Yamada world such as the work which designates the Showa Japanese nostalgia is made to feel boys as material thoroughly viewing.

Furthermore 26 days (day) we inviting main person of the Yamada Takuji coral, it holds also talk show. It is the chance which can hear the valuable story of Takuji's Yamada who participates with wide genre.

~ Yamada Takuji scene art gallery commemoration talk show ~

* Day and time: August 26th (day) 14:00 ~15: 00

* Place: Jaw thin super kids land main office 3F

[tamiyawarudo] [tamiyasamahuesuteibaru] meeting place

Limited commodity the pleasure special sale corner necessary is seeing!!In addition to [tamiya] product such as scale model and RC car kit, the original goods and the event meeting place limited commodity, the sale corner of the [itareri] product various and the like abundant stock. Those where it introduces here are just part. After after coming to the meeting place, the pleasure ♪

(Indicatory price is price including tax.)

* Scale model

1/20 [taireru] P 341,977 Monaco GP metallic 3,150 Yen specifications

1/24 Porsche 911 turbo '88 metallic 3,780 Yen specifications

1/24 [arupinu] A 1,101,600 SC metallic 3,360 Yen specifications

■RC model

1/10 Toyota hyrax body part 7,350 Yen

1/10 touring cars (sedan) body set 2,310 Yen

1/10 touring cars (hot hatch) body set 2,310 Yen

1/12 sport car body set 2,940 Yen

* Concerning the above-mentioned commodity you you purchase up to one person one.

* Mini- four running

1/32 [naitoreji] Jr. 1,260 Yen metallic specifications

1/10 Toyota hyrax body part

* The photograph is in a state where the paint finish is done

* The chassis does not belong.

* In the limited commodity there is the limit in number. The case of sellout pardon you ask. In addition concerning the popular item you restrict the quantity where one person can purchase. Furthermore, when contents become modification concerning the limited commodity which we have guided, because it is, please acknowledge.

Hows this for a translation?? Google do a "page translation" plug for it's tool bar.

Adam

* Place jaw thin super kids land main office

B) Sounds like there only letting in strange kids LOL

at least the high lift chassis is not what its intended for, as it looks totally stupid on the F-350

I'm with beetle on this one......It looks absolutely terrible on that chassis!!!!

Most excellent news though now i can finally get a bodyshell for my mounty and whats more it'll be brand new...Wooooohooooo...I think i'll get two actually

Matt

Agreed, the Hi-Lux looks horrific on the F-350 chassis. But that's not going to be what 99% of those body sets sold will be used for...

Demand for this body set on eBay is going to be strong I imagine...

Now they just need to release a proper chassis to go with it. B)

- James

Slap some 2.2's under it, and you got a whole diffent looking combo.

Some guys with stashed away new body kits going to cry over this one B)

Me likes... Me wanne have ! ( and not even into 3 speeds ;) )

For my taste, the current f350 body is just to aerodynamic/smooth..

This is better :o

Stefan

It is an event only body and only 1 per visitor.

I am sure Jason will be taking all his friends and relatives with him,i wouldn`t be suprised if he hires a bus,lol.

It will hardly dent the collectors market because it is so limited and Jason and the other dealers wont be just giving them away.

I hope Tamiya bring out a modern pickup alternative to the F350 and maybe some good metal upgrade option parts as they are well overdue.

Tru, tru,

A well, but with Tamiya.. limited is a wide word, like the F40 limited C-group rerelease..

Still tripping over them on Ebay B)

The first run brats with chrome chassis, are plenty of them also.

Hoping it will be the same for the body, first one's going for insane pricing.. the rest, "the normal price"

But, doubt it will be cheap thrill.

I traded my f350, but, with a body like this ( or something better then the f350 ) , can't take long before a new one arives here :o

Stefan

I think this is a test from Tamiya to see how popular really is the Hilux/Bruiser. I'm sure they will be scouting Ebay and see how much demand just this body alone is getting. I wouldn't be surprise they will re-release this body or others to be put on the high lift chassis.

SUPASWEET! I hope they do make these a normal production run and don't keep it limited

Interestingly there is also a 1/12th scale sports car body going to be on sale as well, I wonder which one of the old cars that will be? B)

Ivan!!! :o:P;)

Do you know what this 1/12 is going to be??! :o

Drooooooooooooooling over the thought of a new RM body!!

You can keep your trucks! hahahahaha

What fantastic news altogether.

Individually, its a lovely bodyshell, and a lovely chassis.

But it looks perched on top, as though its cobbled together out of mismatched kits. B)

Wasn't there a bigger version of that pic posted a while back? I'm sure I've seen it before, and in the bigger pic it's clear to see the body isn't exactly square on the chassis - it's a pretty poor photoshop job.

It looks pants anyway - mounted too high, with the wrong wheels. If they do release a full Hi-Lux kit then I pray it's mounted better than that.

Well, the Mountaineer has always been one of my favourite bodies by Tamiya. But, I must say - they should be embarrassed releasing that photo. That body & chassis combo is some ugly.

Great news that the body is being specially released though :).

I think this is a test from Tamiya to see how popular really is the Hilux/Bruiser. I'm sure they will be scouting Ebay and see how much demand just this body alone is getting. I wouldn't be surprise they will re-release this body or others to be put on the high lift chassis.
No chance, they have done this many times in the past and the limited numbers produced makes sure they run out during the event, which guarantees high prices on ebay whatever it is.

I have yet to see Tamiya releasing the Celica or Countach after the show releases of those bodies. The limited show release of the Brat shell (with the all plastic roll bar you had to snap into pieces to make it fit) didn't bring forward the Brat rerelease even though it sold well on ebay.

It won't affect the price of originals as these usually just come in a clear plastic bag with a header card, and I wouldn't be surprised if it has been altered to fit the HiLift.

No chance, they have done this many times in the past and the limited numbers produced makes sure they run out during the event, which guarantees high prices on ebay whatever it is.

I have yet to see Tamiya releasing the Celica or Countach after the show releases of those bodies. The limited show release of the Brat shell (with the all plastic roll bar you had to snap into pieces to make it fit) didn't bring forward the Brat rerelease even though it sold well on ebay.

It won't affect the price of originals as these usually just come in a clear plastic bag with a header card, and I wouldn't be surprised if it has been altered to fit the HiLift.

Most of the RE release body sets dont sell out at the first avent. The Hilux might be different . But you can still get the Celica and the Ferrari 312t body sets as they were not that popular. Most of the body sets have been around for about 2 years before you cant get them anymore from Tamiya. The Hilux might sell faster but it might not. You never know with these things. BUt all of the re release bodies have a modern chassis in mind when the are released. Even the Celica was susposed to fit the M02 chassis, F1 bodies F103,Group C cars were for the F201. Brat for the Stadium truck. Wheeler of the WW2.911 GT2 M04. I forget what the LP500 was for but the 1/12th body that they are releaseing the same time as the Hilux will most likely fit the GT-01 Chassis.

Don't forget the Taisan Porsche limited release bodyset. Same thing there, was a limited show release item. Jason sold out of those real quick, the rest went for a pretty penny in the end when they cropped up on eBay.

Although I have a feeling the Countach body set will be seen again someday on the Tamtech line.

- James