Mark DRC2

Tamiya Cr-01 Crawler Chassis?

Today I found this little announcement about a new tamiya crawler/offroad chassis CR-01:

Das neue Tamiya Offroad/Crawler-Chassis namens CR-01 wird in seiner ersten Auflage mit einer Toyota Land Cruiser 40 Karosserie erscheinen.

Translated: The new Tamiya offroad/crawler-chassis CR-01 will be first released with Toyota Land Cruiser 40 body.

cr010308.jpg

Source: http://www.rc-japan.de/article.php?id=221

Googled on CR-01 but nothing else out there

Wow!

I'm sure a lot of us have been waiting for this bombshell for some time, but I didn't expect the chassis to look quite like that... Nice move Tamiya, and will be lovely to see the Yota shell too.

I do hope this isn't a hoax!!

Next week is toy-fair in N,rnberg, maybe this crawler will show up there (if it is no hoax)

Finally something interesting after the Hilift hilux. I hope the body is scale like like the pajero metaltop.

I think this is legit. Can't wait to see the release version at the toy fair.

Are those droop shocks? But what's with the other springs too?

What axles?

Out of the box crawler?

Wonder what our 'professional' crawler guys think...

Just at the time when I'm looking to budget for my first proper crawler... hmmm hadn't reckoned on a Tamiya option :lol:

I don't really know how much of a crawler it really is. It's difficult to tell from that photo because of the angle but it doesn't look like it could have huge amounts of travel or articulation like the proper crawler rigs you see. Certainly looks interesting though, Tamiya are very over due releasing something like this.

Wow. They are fast in covering up. They must want us to wait till the announcement of this item.

Ditto, I'm much happier about this announcement than the thought of a nitro 1/8th car

I actually quite fancy one of these as crawlers seem to be th rage atm, also it makes sense that they advertised in the latest RC action mag as it was all about crawlers

Definitely interesting. But at the risk of being banned from TC I have to say from that angle it is looking a bit toyish with a bit too much plastic :D . I hope the body is as detailed as the F350 & Hilux and nothing like the RTR Cayenne which looks like it just rolled out of toys r us.

Opportunity for Tamiya to do it right & grab a bite of the market but we will see. Of course I'll probably still be buying one :wub: .

Hmm... Looks like a lexan shell, but a nicely detailed one. Will await official pics with baited breath :wub:

i cant wait for this to come out!!! time to addd another crawler to the arsonal!

im seeing

front and rear Stand alone spring mounts on the axles - very cool!

new beadlocks

new crawler inspired tires - good good - i like what im seeing

4 linked suspension

its a shafty but i dont see a tranny so i dont think its a 3 speed and that means the tranny is mounted nice and low to lower Center Of Gravity

cantelivered shocks mounted upside down

HpI wheely King style center chassis

Looking at it i think those are 1.9's.. maybe.

the way the wires are running - looks like both the motor and the battery are mounted in the front of the chassis

im only seeing wires for 1 motor

maybe Tlt inspried axles.. i cant tell.. need to find more pics!

definitely interested.

I just hope they include the lockable diffs from the High-lift chassis, because I don't retain an interest in filling the diffs with JB-Weld or buying $40 chunks of aluminum anymore.

Ditto, I'm much happier about this announcement than the thought of a nitro 1/8th car

I actually quite fancy one of these as crawlers seem to be th rage atm, also it makes sense that they advertised in the latest RC action mag as it was all about crawlers

I don't think the ad is related to this. If you look at the ad it clear shows bowtie/crime fighter type taper pins on the dirt. It will be something race related. It's in all of the major

American RC magazines now as well as the TamiyaUSA website.