Which Nikko Was This?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Melly

Melly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:06 AM

Trying to find out. It was a camaro or other car similiar. When you gave it full throttle the roof would flip over to reveal police lights that light-up and made a siren sound. Go to half throttle and the roof would flip over to a regular roof. If anyone has any info on this I would greatly appreciate it.

#2 Hibernaculum

Hibernaculum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:21 AM

Definitely not a Nikko, as far as I know. I suspect it was made by another obscure asian company that probably no longer exists.
There were many novelty R/C toys in the 80s that were either clones, one-offs, or were unbranded.
As a couple of examples: I have a wire-controlled Citroen Traction Avant that doesn't have a brand, along with a Turbo Hopper clone (also on a wire) with a steering wheel shaped remote that steers by physically tilting it left and right. Lots of cool (but unheralded/unbranded) little toys came out in the 80s.
www.rctoymemories.com - My nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys.

#3 sgt.barnes

sgt.barnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

Trying to find out. It was a camaro or other car similiar. When you gave it full throttle the roof would flip over to reveal police lights that light-up and made a siren sound. Go to half throttle and the roof would flip over to a regular roof. If anyone has any info on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Got it!! ;) I knew I had seen this before!! Its one of these. I'am sure Rayman011 wont mind me using his showroom entry

http://www.tamiyaclu...a...1&sid=15762
DO YOU WANNA BASH ?
WWW.NORTHWESTNUTTERS.CO.UK

#4 Hibernaculum

Hibernaculum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:27 PM

It was a Nikko! I was wrong. Well done, and yeah Raymond has a very nice collection up of obscure toy-grade cars.
www.rctoymemories.com - My nostalgia site about vintage and retro radio controlled cars & other toys.

#5 fasttimes

fasttimes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:40 AM

Your the best sgt.barnes, I gave up on the thread, but I just checked back to find you knew where to locate one! I sent Rayman an email. Thanks again, Mate!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users