Sign in to follow this  
backtomyroots

Lego Star Wars Series - New Collector !

I've recently become aware of the extensive collection that Lego has made of Star Wars vehicles, characters, places etc. I've always been a Star Wars nut and have begun snapping sets up !

So far I've bought the following:

Imperial Shuttle Kit #10212

Sand Crawler Kit #10144

Star Destroyer Executor Kit #10221

Darth Vader's Tie Advanced Kit #10175

Ultimate AT-ST Kit #10174

Death Star Kit #10188

Millenium Falcon Kit #7965

X-Wing Fighter Kit #6212

AT-AT Walker Kit #8129

Darath Vader's Tie Fighter Kit #8017

Sets include Limited Editions, Exclusives and discontinued items.

Interested in the series of items from all the movies ? Dig around here:

http://starwars.lego.com/en-us/Products/7965.aspx

Some of the sets have over 3000 pieces and are remarably detailed :).

Who else is addicted to these or interested and what have you got ?

Photo of an enormously boxed Star Destroyer I just received :) :

post-8889-1319034032_thumb.jpg

I'm quite into these as well!

We were on holiday in Florida a couple of years ago and I stocked up on a few cheap kits in the massive Lego store, have the motorised AT-AT, the Ultimate AT-ST, X-Wing and Y-wing at the moment. I also brought the Sandcrawler all the way back in a spare suitcase too, but lack of time/money meant I decided to sell it. Which was a shame.

They had the 10179 Millenium Falcon on display which I really wanted, but it weighed a ton and I had no way of getting it home! :o

I've also got quite a few Technic sets now as well, although I'm annoyed with myself because I had lots of these (collectable now) as a child and sold them all to a teacher at school for practically nothing. Idiot.

Earlier this year I saw the Hoth Rebel base complete at a boot sale for a few quid and didn't buy it, realised it's value when I got home! Doh!

Tim.

My daughter collects them as well over the years. She has put together Star Destroyer, Original Falcon, Original X-Wing (The one with Yoda's Hut), and a few I dont know the names. She has new in box Jaba's Party Bardge, and Imperial shuttle which I see Jaba's party barge fo no less than $500 on eBay NIB. I seem them as high as $1000. Not bad for only paying $80 for it years ago. I told her to save them and if she doesn't want them in a few years, auction them off to buy herself a car.

Ten years ago, I had some of the smaller-to-mid sized Lego Star Wars models. That was at the time, when their movie-license-related minifigures still had yellow heads instead of the newer flesh-colored heads. However, all of these had been sold.

Last year, I went picking up a lot of oldschool Lego "Space" models from the 1987 - 1991 era (Futuron, Blacktron I, Space Police I, M:Tron) . Mostly models that I once had as a child. I quite like their old designs, especially the awesome SP-I flagship 6986 Mission Commander. It's a must-have for every vintage Lego space collection.

Believe it or not, there are communities out there on the net where you can discuss passionately about vintage Lego models and custom creations, just like we do about vintage Tamiyas. :)

Ha, I thought this thread was dead !

I'll be starting my Death Star Kit #10188 in the next few weeks, I bought one NIB to keep as is and a second NIB without the box to build. I'll post a link to the action when I get startd, I'll document it as I go :).

It'll be here when I start:

http://www.tcphotos.com/section.asp?sid=7434&secid=1319

Post your builds, photos collection !

I've recently become aware of the extensive collection that Lego has made of Star Wars vehicles, characters, places etc. I've always been a Star Wars nut and have begun snapping sets up !

So far I've bought the following:

Imperial Shuttle Kit #10212

Sand Crawler Kit #10144

Star Destroyer Executor Kit #10221

Darth Vader's Tie Advanced Kit #10175

Ultimate AT-ST Kit #10174

Death Star Kit #10188

Millenium Falcon Kit #7965

X-Wing Fighter Kit #6212

AT-AT Walker Kit #8129

Darath Vader's Tie Fighter Kit #8017

Sets include Limited Editions, Exclusives and discontinued items.

Interested in the series of items from all the movies ? Dig around here:

http://starwars.lego.com/en-us/Products/7965.aspx

Some of the sets have over 3000 pieces and are remarably detailed :lol:.

Who else is addicted to these or interested and what have you got ?

Photo of an enormously boxed Star Destroyer I just received :unsure: :

i love these kits, and have quiet a few of them too. but i only collect the UCS ones

i love these kits, and have quiet a few of them too. but i only collect the UCS ones

Hmmmmmmm, "UCS" ones ?

Help me out here.

I think it means "ultimate collector series", which mostly are huge, very detailed models not based on LEGO minifigure scale.

I think it means "ultimate collector series", which mostly are huge, very detailed models not based on LEGO minifigure scale.

Gotcha !