Super Shot Re Release

276 replies to this topic

#251 Tipsy

Tipsy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1239 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

I got home from work & My Super Hot Shot arrived today :unsure: I have a fully optioned hotshot already..but the beer made me order a super hot shot a few nights ago, by morning i was thinking why did i..? Anyway when i opened the outer packing box that was glued up as usual Stella quality, my doubts disappeared!. Im happy i got it now just looking at it with all the bonus parts in the crease free box with all bonus parts as stated.. Stella really outdid themselves with custom packaging!.. They hand trimmed all the contents with foam trimmed peices everywhere.. & i mean everywhere!.. I have purchased many kits from Stella before, but this kit came with almost bullet proof packaging.. crazy!..
Im sorry to hear some off us on here did not get bonus parts with their kit from other dealers...

Regards

Mine arrived today too, and as you mentioned, the packaging was work of art on its own. foam trimmed pieces. Even the top foam was purpose made with glued on pieces to make it an exact fit to the glued shut box. Then bubble wrap to nearly every part within the box. Really cannot thank them enough for the expert way they prepare and package the kits.
<a href="http://www.tamiyaclu...om.asp?id=1532" target="_blank">
</a>

#252 Wandy

Wandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2775 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

Sounds like Stella have raised the bar to an even higher notch with their packaging standards. I expect their Bruisers will be equally as bulletproof. :unsure:

#253 Rosey

Rosey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

Stella at $5.75 a set

Trouble is the $25 postage !

$25, hardly! Get them added to a kit, there will be no additional postage (provided they fit in the kit box okay and you only buy one set!).
Per aspera ad astra

#254 mtbkym01

mtbkym01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1738 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Anyone notice the date stamped on the under tray? "1986" :lol:

You Name It......And I Want It!
If it's Old School, It's Cool
logo_member2.gif

#255 matman

matman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2694 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

Anyone notice the date stamped on the under tray? "1986" :unsure:

No , as i don't have mine yet , so thanks for spoiling it for me .. :lol:
But i have just a few hours ago , ordered 8 of them , with some other super hotshot parts & alot of other Tamiya parts .

E-Bay name ozracer89 has changed his NAME to thenumber5 .
Just be aware of this low life .

#256 Baja500

Baja500

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

No , as i don't have mine yet , so thanks for spoiling it for me .. :)
But i have just a few hours ago , ordered 8 of them , with some other super hotshot parts & alot of other Tamiya parts .

Like wise...gota snap them up.. :)

#257 Wandy

Wandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2775 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

Anyone got a pdf of the manual for this yet?

#258 GregM

GregM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1788 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

Anyone got a pdf of the manual for this yet?

Follow this link:
http://www.tamiya.de...ArtNr=300058517
and take a look at the manual by clicking on "Bauanleitung (PDF)" in the downloads section on the right side.
Runner: Mad Bull, BMW Z4 Hatsune Miku, Kyosho Sandmaster EZ, Baja Champ, Sand Viper
Build projects: Too many | Retired: The Hornet

tamiya2ulspb.png

#259 Wandy

Wandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2775 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Follow this link:
http://www.tamiya.de...ArtNr=300058517
and take a look at the manual by clicking on "Bauanleitung (PDF)" in the downloads section on the right side.

Brilliant. Cheers!

#260 Wandy

Wandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2775 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

Could one of you guys who have the new kit perhaps do me a favour and have a look at the suspension pressed parts and answer a few questions?

* Are the large front upper damper mounts still stamped with "L" and "R" on them?

* Are the front wishbone damper mounts finished in black, and also still have "L" and "R" stamped into them?

* Do the rear wishbone damper mounts still consist of a brass threaded piece pressed into the steel sleeve?

From Theibault's build thread and also looking at the manual I've been able to answer one question from the above myself. The rear wishbone damper mounts are no longer a one piece item, they are screwed together and the piece that was brass is now steel. That piece also now looks longer in length for some reason....perhaps to increase the clearance between the damper and the rear arm?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#261 WillyChang

WillyChang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9677 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

that seems to be the most obvious new 'update'

rest seems faithful &/or carried over from Hotshot

#262 Theibault

Theibault

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

From Theibault's build thread and also looking at the manual I've been able to answer one question from the above myself. The rear wishbone damper mounts are no longer a one piece item, they are screwed together and the piece that was brass is now steel. That piece also now looks longer in length for some reason....perhaps to increase the clearance between the damper and the rear arm?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Haven't had a Supershot since I was 16, so my memory is very fuzzy from when I built it. You are correct, that peice is now steel ( maybe aluminum, can't tell ). Same on it's original length, can't remember. LOL getting old stinks ( except the part about having funds for all the kits I want now! ).

#263 fmannz

fmannz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

Not seeing many parts on the bay yet....or have they all been snapped up? Is there any chance now of getting the supershot suspension parts for my hotshot rebuild?

Francois

#264 matman

matman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2694 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

I got my Super hotshot today with the hotshot gold metallic . Not to sure what is looks like as it's packed so well .
I'm going to leave it in the packing . As i have got them for NIB collection anyway . So i will get another supershot soon .

#265 Theibault

Theibault

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

If there was an RC Hoarders TV show, half the people on this board would be featured :) .

#266 matman

matman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2694 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

If there was an RC Hoarders TV show, half the people on this board would be featured :) .

A hint of jealousy THERE :) . :P

+ i do the three box rule :) .

#267 Theibault

Theibault

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

A hint of jealousy THERE :lol: . :D

+ i do the three box rule :P .

LOL, i do wish I had a new NIB for all my kits :( . I could still be on the show as I have about 40 cars in my house at this time. My living room table features an Avante, Brat, Wild Willy 2, and Subaru 2008 DF03Ra. It's sometimes nice being single :P .

#268 meridian

meridian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

I think I got a good price - $265.00 from Ultimate Hobbies in California if anyone is interested ($9.00 bucks shipping).

That's compared to $330 at Tower Hobbies....

just an FYI if anyone in the States is looking...I grabbed two!! :lol:

#269 Theibault

Theibault

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

I think I got a good price - $265.00 from Ultimate Hobbies in California if anyone is interested ($9.00 bucks shipping).

That's compared to $330 at Tower Hobbies....

just an FYI if anyone in the States is looking...I grabbed two!! :D

That's where mine came from. :lol:

#270 BillL130

BillL130

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

Just bought mine tonight. Can't wait to get it and build it!
Addicted...

#271 gozone

gozone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1363 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

Have also just recieved the shipping notice on my Super Hotshot from Stella, so pretty excited to see it in the flesh when it gets here. ;)
Im also excited about seeing this packing done by Stella, as it sounds like a fantastic job. :lol: Not too worried about creases or scrathes in the box, as it will be built asap..
Really looking forward to getting it, as my only other "Supershot-experience" was a pretty well used and worn out specimen some years ago. :lol:

GO FOR IT!!!    Visit my showroom: http://www.tamiyaclu...oom.asp?id=7812

#272 Baja500

Baja500

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Well there has been some super hot shot rims, undertray & some limited screw kits & rear shock mounts from ebay seller jr/rc..
Usually jr/rc lists alot more items for a re-re kit by now..especially with the super hotshot one would think!.. as standed procedure the bulk money making ebay sellers model build & tamiya rc spares in the U.K are at it again lol almost triple the price from jr/rc's prices..
Just like with the avante.. I'm not complaining as i managed to snatch up some spares quickly, but i just wanted to help out a little with all of us members, or new members with info.. type tamiya super hot shot in your save searches on ebay and check regularly & you may be quick enough to snatch up some spares from jr/rc... hope this helps you out for some spares at a standed price..

#273 gozone

gozone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1363 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

woo-hoo, I got mine today!. ;)
Excellent packing by Steallamodels, with loads of bubblewrap and styrofoam inside the box with the bits, AND inside the big box, containing the kitbox.. ACE packing indeed!!.. Anyway, I have not started building it yet, Im afraid, but building will commence as soon as i have a little time on my hands. (Perhaps later tonight, lol)..
I also chose to purchase some PS-12 paint for it, so I guess Ill be going boxart for this one. ;)
Funny, I believe the manual states "flat white" for the drivers suit, but its blue on the box? Oh well.. Guess Ill stick with the blue as shown on the box. :lol:

Now I just need a little time to build, a little time to paint and decal the shell, and LOTS of sunny weather to run it in. :D

GO FOR IT!!!    Visit my showroom: http://www.tamiyaclu...oom.asp?id=7812

#274 matman

matman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2694 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

Well there has been some super hot shot rims, undertray & some limited screw kits & rear shock mounts from ebay seller jr/rc..
Usually jr/rc lists alot more items for a re-re kit by now..especially with the super hotshot one would think!.. as standed procedure the bulk money making ebay sellers model build & tamiya rc spares in the U.K are at it again lol almost triple the price from jr/rc's prices..
Just like with the avante.. I'm not complaining as i managed to snatch up some spares quickly, but i just wanted to help out a little with all of us members, or new members with info.. type tamiya super hot shot in your save searches on ebay and check regularly & you may be quick enough to snatch up some spares from jr/rc... hope this helps you out for some spares at a standed price..

He has listed super hotshot parts & bruiser parts . But you have to be VERY fast , as alot goes fast . I have click on to see how meany he has
then got out of that page & there are all gone , Just like that . I will buy between 5 too 10 items for my runners only . So
i have spears to last me for some time later . I don't like to buy just to get the bit's to sell later .
jr-rc has got in about 200 sets of gold rims & bang they don't last in the time he has put them up . One time he had 70 sets of rims & the were gone
in a few hours . The best bit is he don't rip you off with over price stuff . I had seen these rims for $29.99 per set ;) , But not jr-rc , He has to
be one of the best RC E-bay shops around with Stella & some others of course . I have seen he has put too lots of bruiser stuff this week
as the 1st lot went fast , So the next night he put more on . You should see how fast the tyres or stickers got WOW ! .

#275 Snappy1

Snappy1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

I have read that DF-01 cvd's/universals fit in the shot re re's, can someone confirm this please.

Also, think it was on TC, people were talking about adding an extra bearing to the rear shot box for added durability, can someone link me please, I  cannot find it

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users